Daniela1387

How to keep my lipstick from feathering or bleeding?

I have recently gotten into bold color lips (reds, neon pinks, corals) and usually put a clear lipgloss on top because I hate the matte feeling on my lips but the lipstick always bleeds or feathers. How do I stop the feathering without sacrificing the glossy look??

lovelykatya

Re: How to keep my lipstick from feathering or bleeding?

(0) Hearts

swfupload_3073344141600260713.jpgi would recomment clear lip liner - you don't have to be too careful with it (again because its clear), and the color will stay put and won't feather out.

also i have heard about consealers/primers to be places  outside the lip rim.

one of my faves is  UD Ozone

kd006

(0) Hearts

You should check out Wayne Goss's video on youtube. He just put it up like today I think on this same question. He gives amazing tips and they all have worked for me.

gossmakeupartist

He's the best!

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I just wanted to second the "reverse lipliner" suggestion -  a clear lipliner applied outside the lip line will stop lip color from feathering or bleeding.  I have one by Benefit, but there are a ton to choose from.  Generally when I wear a bold lip, I wear a clear reverse lipliner, regular lipliner, apply the color with a lip brush, blot, and apply some gloss.

It's a process haha

KendallJenner

(0) Hearts

Buy a lip primer so that the lipstick will stay in place all day without feathering or bleeding.

berniebeauty

(0) Hearts

I have 3 suggestions

1. Use the lip pencils Mia suggested outside of your lip line. 

2. Take a lip liner and instead of only going around the outside of your lips, line them and fill them in like it is a lip stick. This can distort the color of the lipstick though, so it might not work for daily use, because you would need a pencil for every lipstick. I personally learned it from doing theater as a trick to give the lipstick a little more staying power when the color isnt that important, but my personal favorite method is....

3. Take a concealer and put it around your lips. This works like the lip pencils that Mia suggested but for a person who doesn't do lips everyday its nice to not have to get a whole other product. If you do want to do lips everyday, or very frequently I would probably suggest investing in method 1

I hope at least one of these works

~We are all beautiful~ 

colorobsession

I'm so happy to see this post, because I've had the same dilemma lately! I bought a set of OCC Lip Tars, and I love them, but I've been having trouble with them feathering. I've been reading up on a bunch of different lip primers, but they all seem to have pretty mixed reviews. Maybe I'll have to try this MUFE pencil!

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Please let me know how that works for you because I'm still on the fence about either getting a pencil or a lip primer which supposedly helps to keep lipstick from feathering 

HMNewbie

(0) Hearts

I won't leave the house without MUFE Lip Line Perfector.

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I agree! Clear lip liner is the best!

miabt

Hi Daniela1387,

Feathering lipsticks is the WORST!!  We carry a couple different lip pencils that go outside of your lipline to keep the lipstick from traveling :smileyhappy:  I suggest trying the Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector.  It works amazingly!!

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Lip Line Perfector

http://goo.gl/rz9wa

Another great option is the Too Faced Borderline Smoothing, Anti Feathering Lip Pencil.  The two pencils do the same thing :smileywink:

Too Faced - Borderline Smoothing, Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil

http://goo.gl/PJ08A

Hope that helps!!

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • emmaclaire