michmo

Help me pick a color, please?

I want to find an everyday lipstick.  I like it to look natural (my lips but better), however, I want to go a little more pink than nude.  In the past I always end up on the safe side where it doesn't look like lipstick.  I am light complexion with yellow undertones.  I have dark hair and eyes, and I always wear natural looking makeup/eyes.  

Here are three that I've narrowed it down to.  But if you have another option I'd love to hear it.  

Bite Beauty Fig

Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.43.11 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.58.54 AM.png

Nars Dolce Vita

Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.43.48 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.55.52 AM.png

Este Lauder Mad Men Pinkadelic

Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.51.54 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-03 at 7.52.55 AM.png
*None of those photos are mine....taken from internet.  

michmo

Re: Help me pick a color, please?

(0) Hearts

Thank goodness I place an order when I did.  I really wanted the Fig from Bite Beauty and now it's out of stock.  I hope that is just a temporary thing.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Ooh I love the Uber pink in Bobbi Brown I had forgotten about that color until it was mentioned.

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

me.jpgMAC ANGEL..A FAV OR MINE AND KIM KARDASHIAN LOL..TOPPED WITH NARS TURKISH DELIGHT GLOSS 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

i would try a bold hot pink but in a gloss.

michmo

So I was looking at the sales this morning and saw the Bite Beauty Discovery Set there for $20.  It has five colors, including Fig which I wanted.  I know they are small, but I think this is a great way for me to try a few colors.  

Bite Beauty - Bite Size Discovery Set

http://www.sephora.com/bite-size-discovery-set-P376639?skuId=1442045

I am so looking forward to trying new lipsticks.  Thank you all.  

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I wanted to try out that set but it seems to be sold out! If you know how to get another set let us know please!

michmo

(0) Hearts

That is a super bummer.  I was surprised when I saw it yesterday morning in the sale section because I thought it was all gone.  I guess I was lucky.  

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This item has reappeared in the sales section multiple times in the last few weeks with more in stock- keep watching, you might get lucky LCResz :smileyhappy:

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

Ooh, I am tempted by this set too. I'm very timid when it comes to lipstick, but I'd like to work on that :smileyhappy: Right now, I only own like 4 lipsticks, and the only thing I touch is Dior Addict Lip Glow.

Graceann

(0) Hearts

I love the Este Lauder Mad Men Pinkadelic!

LCResz

image.jpgGivenchy Le Rouge Brun Createur is my go-to wearable pink! It looks kinda dark in they tube but it looks lovely on!

seeingblue

I love the packaging for pinkadelic! So cute! I like Bobbi Browns Uber Pink, it's a really wearable pink and the formula is creamy and easy to throw on! And it's neutral so you don't have to worry about it making your teeth appear yellow, which yellow based pinks tend to do in my experience.

veritabelle

(0) Hearts

I love Uber Pink too!  It looks fabulous under their crystal gloss!

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Seeingblue,

Out of those shades, I like the Bite Beauty in Fig for you:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I love the Nars Niagara it's not the lips but better color I would also go with the Nars Dolce Vita for the natural look. But I know after seeing the Nars Niagara my lips need this!

michmo

Thanks to all of you for the opinions.  I've added a few new shades to my loves, and hope to be adding some to an order soon.  

drrragon

ok this thread has me drooling over all the pretty lipstick colors.  and I really badly wanted to buy YSL Corail Aquatique when I swatched it a few weeks ago so thanks to Spyski it's going into my wishlist now :smileyhappy:

Spyski

It's def. a must have "make your lips better" color! I'm drooling over the NARS Niagara like all the others since I just googled it. I've never actually owned any NARS lipsticks yet, maybe I should give it a try! *clicks love button*

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

NARSNiagara.jpg

nars_niagara002.jpg

Now that's some drool-worth coral! NARS Niagara Lipstick :smileyhappy:

michmo

(0) Hearts

What is this one, crayzeeRN?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments