redwagon44

Help me find a dupe for this!

This is what I get for browsing Temptalia when trying to help someone else find a dupe.... 

I've fallen in love with this color, but of course she says she couldn't find a dupe for it, and it was limited edition. 

This is Guerlain Rouge G Serie Noire - 45 Orange Euphorique. I love how glossy it is, with the hint of shimmer (which I would be fine with or without the shimmer). But I'm trying to find a glossy orangey lipstick like this! Any suggestions?

upload_6330921295200878477.jpg

beauty4ashes

Re: Help me find a dupe for this!

(0) Hearts

Looks very similar to MAC Cremesheen *Ravishing* 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Redwagon44,

It looks very similar to ESTEE LAUDER Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Melon. It has the sparkle and glossyness to it. 

<3 Melissa
jenpred

I have nothing productive to contribute to this conversation. Just wanted to pop in and say that that is a BEAUTIFUL color!

lmi82

[ Edited ]

What about:

• Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Sari Dore. Available at Nordstrom. Image: Temptalia.

chanel_saridore003.jpgsaridore.jpg

• Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Sari d'Eau. Available at Nordstrom. Image: Temptalia.

chanel_sarideau005.jpgchanel_sarideau006.jpg

The Sari d'Eau (2nd one) may lean a little too orange, but I think the Sari Dore (1st one ) is a pretty good dupe. :smileyhappy:

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I think combining a sparkly clear gloss with the top lipstick would get you very close to the original, which is very pretty.

redwagon44

Agreed!! That is a gorgeous color, pretty close to what I'm looking for! I'll try that out with a dab of peachy gloss on top

pinktorridora

Omgosh! The YSL Rebel Nude in 105! I own it and it does look very similar to what you are looking for.

image.jpg

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

Beautiful color! added to the 'loves' list to purchase :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

[ Edited ]

I just bought my sister the NARS Velvet Gloss Pencil in Happy Days. The color is very, very similar to this.

Also, Benefit's Cha Cha Tint under a gloss might give you a similar effect.

**Edit: Check out NARS new glosses in Wonder and Eternal Red. Those both are orange-toned.

mberteig

It's funny, I would call this peach, not orange.  It's very pretty!  I would suggest trying the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover.  The color is described as "Strawberry pink", but I find it to be more peachy.

redwagon44

[ Edited ]

It's like I want to blend Happy Days, Hopi, and New Lover into one! Temptalia's swatches of those are below. Maybe I could layer Hopi over a pinky color....

Spoiler

upload_5122319786582046971.jpg

upload_4368086961197632948.jpg

upload_328413362789953703.jpg

mafan

The color of New Lover might depend on the color of your lips.  I really like the color, but on me it definitely comes up pink and not peachy, and certainly not as bright peachy as this picture looks to me.  (But it's a color worth checking out -- I just realized yesterday how many backups of it I have.)

mberteig

(0) Hearts

Interesting!  On me, it is definitely peachy.  In fact, I bought it as a dupe for the Sephora Vinyl Lip Pencil (now discontinued) in the color Gorgeous Peach, which is my favorite!

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

I'm going to have to try these out in store to see what works on my skin tone!

lylysa

I've read/seen this too in regards to New Lover, for me it pulls up more pink with gold, but I've seen it more peachy/gold too.

I think it may be next on my list for lip purchases!

lylysa

For a bright orange that's got that blend of peachy-melon to it, try Smashbox's Be Legendary Lipstick in Melondrama. 

If you're wanting something more sheer in the color department but still gives a glossy and golden-based shimmer, try Nars' Velvet Gloss Pencil in Happy Days.

redwagon44

Thank you! Added both to my list of things to swatch 

lylysa

No prob! :smileyvery-happy: Check out swatches online for the products, the Nars pencil defiitely gives a higher gloss effect, and since it's more sheer it can always be layered over a product like the Smashbox lipstick.

mrsbaine

Take a look at YSL Lip Gloss in #103 Opium Persan. It is also Orange and has a little sparkle. Might not be an exact dupe, but I think the effect is pretty close. 

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I'll take a look at it next time I'm in the store!! Added to my 'loves' list :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • lmi82
    • melissabt
    • pinktorridora
    • lylysa
    • mafan