bfuller

Has anyone tried any of the UD Naked Lip Glosses yet?

If so, what are your thoughts on:

Texture?

Coverage?

Taste?

Scent?

Pros and/or Cons?

upload_2823327894821852044.jpg

Jandi

Re: Has anyone tried any of the UD Naked Lip Glosses yet?

(0) Hearts

I bought the coral shade at the UD counter while I was on vacation. I lurve it! I'm going to order 5-6 more shades now.

cosmeticsjunkie

(0) Hearts

Adding to my last post.

My lipstick for the day rubbed off my list so I went to use Beso on my bare lips and see a tad bit more color.  It's not huge but similar to the sheer color of MACs discontinued lipgelees.  Now I'm wondering if I should buy another color and try on bare lips.  That may be the way to go for me to see more color instead of on top of a lipstick...

deedjw

(0) Hearts

I love these! Right now I only have **bleep** & Naked, but I want Lovechild too.  They do have a slight mint flavor when you first put them on, so if you are sensitive to that I would stay away.  But I find them super moisturizing.  Normally I feel like I have to wear my Tokyomilk Dark balm underneath other lip products, but not these :smileyhappy:  I get a couple hours of wear time.  They do have very little color but thats the idea of the Naked line right? Natural but better!  After wearing dark vampy lipsticks all winter these are a great change & are getting me ready for spring!

If you want something with a ton of color these are not what you want.

cosmeticsjunkie

Very little color payoff for me I have one in Beso.  I had to wear it on top of a nude lipstick to make the color show.  Tomorrow I will try it on bare lips before I decide if it's a keeper

The smell didn't bother me.  Actually I don't even remember noticing it this morning

Seems not to be long lasting

Very moisturizing I can definitely feel my lips softer

if it were a gift I would continue to use because they are not bad.  But I don't think I would buy more because the color payoff does not seem distinct enough to collect them all or even a few.  If there is a particular one that has more color payoff than another please let me know :smileyhappy:

mlmac

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just bought Beso today and it's fair- not one of my favorites!  It's easy to wear and the scent/flavor seems fine- minty

SydBristow

I got Rule 34. Smell is chemical-like, but I gutted it out a couple of times for a fair evaluation. It does dissipate fairly quickly, but ew gross. 

Very little color payoff. In the listing it looks darker. Lots of shine, little color. Very short lasting. Stila glaze lasts longer with more color. buxom has more color and lasting power, lots more tingle. Bite glosses smell edible and yummy, add more color.

One of the very, very few UD products I'm not thrilled with. beauty balm comes in first place though, didn't work for me at all. Gloss, second worst.

bfuller

(0) Hearts

Aww, I'm sorry this was an epic UD fail... after a week of using mine, my review still holds BUT it has had a major drying effect, making my lips feel moderately chapped and that's a total deal breaker for me.  And since I've used it for a week now, there's no way to sanitize and put on the Rouge trade thread.  :smileysad:

Silver Lining:  I may just take it back to Sephora and exchange it for a Bite gloss since you have me curious now...  :smileyhappy:

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

*Takes off loves list* Thanks :smileyhappy:

Kickboxerkelly

(0) Hearts

I just got mine in Liar- a soft pink. Although I wish I went with Streak now (a  brighter, more coral pink) since they are so sheer.  I purchased this for everyday use and my main priority with everyday use is how moisturizing it is.  I am considering switching from Fresh's sugar lip line, so that is important to me. Has anyone had a chance to compare this UD gloss to Fresh's sugar gloss? Since the color payoff is so little, I would consider opting for a more nourishing clear gloss instead, as my lips are naturally very pink.

SydBristow

I ordered the color Rule 34. Will keep you posted!! :smileyhappy:

bfuller

There's my UD sidekick!  (I knew you wouldn't let me down!!! :heart:)

KMeleana

I'm not crazy about the smell but it's not a deal breaker for me. I only wish it wasn't so sheer. Sadly I don't plan on buying anymore than the one I have. '
sundaespal

Do these feel tingly on the lips like Buxom? I looked at the ingredient list and didn't see peppermint oil, unless I missed it. So is it just flavoring, or is there a cooling sensation?

bfuller

(0) Hearts

There is a mild (almost undetectable) cooling sensation but it was barely noticeable for me.

gogreyhound

well, here is my two cents' worth...i saw them and swatched at Ulta today.they look very pretty and natural. I fell in love   with the shade "naked" although now I wish I could remember what "walk of shame" looked like. as usual Ulta was sold out of what I wanted. when I was looking at other stuff, i found a Revlon Colorburst gloss in Rosepearl and went to compare them...so close in color, I ended up buying the Revlon one for no...it is a really pretty nude with pink and silver shimmer.  i prefer natural shades, and if it is moisturizing, I am fine with having to reapply. I dont care much for long-lasting lip colors. These UD ones look great!

JayReed

I love these! I wish they had a tad bit more color payoff though.

sarinalove

So how do these compare to Stila's lip glosses? I have those and I love the color and it's not too sticky but sticky enough that sometimes I prefer to use a tinted lip balm instead.

bfuller

(0) Hearts

It's been a while since I had a Stila lip gloss... but I do remember feeling it was just too sticky for me and had a tendency to slide off my lips.  What I did like about the Stila Lip Glaze was the color payoff and variety though.

The Naked gloss will give more color than a tinted lip balm but feels like a good lip balm once on and it's a fairly lightweight gloss.

If I were looking for a gloss with more color payoff, personally I would probably go with NARS or Bite.

Hope this helps.  :smileyhappy:

bfuller

Update:  I got Naked today!!!  Okay, wait... I don't mean I got Naked... ahh, ya'll know what I mean!

So here's my experience so far with it:

Texture - buttery smooth - literally glides right on... no stickiness or tackiness at all, & feels almost like a lip balm.

Coverage - for a neutral, not too bad.  It's less sheer than I'd originally anticipated, thankfully!

Taste & Scent - it's really hard to describe, but I can faintly smell and taste like a light mint-oil extract without flavor.  I know this will deter quite a few people but I promise in less than 10 minutes it will pass and you won't detect anything at all.

Pros - it's perfect for those who would like to try a gloss, and wear a conservative color for everyday.  Non-sticky, smooth application, no feathering or bleeding, nice color payoff for nude shades.

Cons - not long-wearing at all (about 2 hours give/take if no food or drink is involved), a bit of an odd but faint smell/taste.

While I was at Sephora, I swatched several other shades... among them being Walk of Shame which is an orange-y melon color with fine silver micro-shimmer; Freestyle is a more sheer neutral bronze with tiny gold particles; and LoveChild is a semi-opaque true bubblegum pink that has no shimmer or glitter in it whatsoever.

Each of these shades were very noticeable in color difference.  That being said, I would probably buy Beso and Freestyle to switch out with.

thesupergirl

My mom said the exact same thing, when she wore her naked3  palette! Thanks for the review I'm definitely going to be getting this soon .

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kirstensf
    • kssweetheart
    • sulfate
    • mlmac
    • crayzeeRN