ghkim

Give me more lip

FYI: I took some BTers' advice here and called the concierge line. It looks like some stores have yet to receive/display their Give More Lip collections. So those of you who are lamenting that this product is sold out online, call the concierge and see if your local Sephora will be getting it. The item number is 1552116. GL!

MGJM

Re: Give me more lip

(0) Hearts

After this set was sold out for what seemed like forever, I finally went into my Sephora store to pick up the new Bite Lip Kit, which I LOVE!  While I was there, I spotted the Give Me More Lip there too!  I ended up buying both and I'm so glad I did! 

I did call my store to make sure that the Bite Beauty Kit was actually in stock (I don't always trust the website).  I don't think that it gets updated as each product is sold.   I think that one of the big reasons why it sometimes says online that a product is in stock when it really isn't is because it doesn't take theft into account.  If a product is stolen, it's still in the store's inventory, so it will show online that it is in stock.  I don't know...just a thought.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Just wanted to let you know it's back in stock right now. 

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

It seems to be in-stock online at the moment. -----> rushing to put it in my basket.

friedrice

[ Edited ]

I just went to a Sephora store near me and asked if they have the give me more lip....and omg! I can't believe it, they have it! I bought it last night. Ok, so I opened it this morning and one of the lipstick is missing. It is the pink bare mineral one :/ So i called the store and told them the story, and she said "that is not cool, we will get you a replacement" then I told her it was the give me more set, she said she will check first if they have it in stock before I drive all the way to their store. And they have it! yay, I went there and this time she(her nameplate says director in charge) checked it for me to make sure all the lipstick/gloss are in there :smileyhappy:

latinadiva

[ Edited ]

I was just at my local Sephora last night and picked it up. It was one of maybe...three? I was in the store actually looking for said set (among other things...naturally) and did not find it until I was about to leave. These sets in my store are usually on displays close to the register and instead were on an end cap at the back where at my store the makeup ends and hair products begin. I was THRILLLLLED to find it but it was definitely hidden and one of few.

spedteacher74

(0) Hearts

I was in my local Sephora on Monday.  They were expecting their shipment in this week.  So many stores will still be getting this in. 

brittieeee

[ Edited ]

I bought the Give me More Lip Collection along with several of the other Sephora Favorties Collections.  Unfortunately, many of the lippies I will not use as I prefer Lipstick and rarely use lip gloss or stains.  In fact, I gave away a nude Laura mercier gloss and a another bubble-gum shaded pink gloss to a friend already.  I have several others from this kit I don't plan to use, so as this kit is out-of-stock, maybe some of you girls are interested in these that I don't need and we could make a comparable trade for them?!?

There are many from the kit I like (i.e. especially for the Bite lip pencil and the Red MUFE.) However, These are the ones I could do without if any one is interested:

give me more lip.jpg

- 0.03 oz Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon (I think this may also have been the same color of the gloss in the Hourglass VIB promo kit, which is now out-of-stock)

- 0.009 oz Tarte Glamazon™ Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick in Inspired
- 0.03 oz Kat Von D in Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi
- 0.03 oz Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Sonya
- 0.03 oz Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip Color in Dolce
- 0.11 oz Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream in Marshmallow Bunny

- .05 oz Buxom Lip Polish in Katie (this wasn't in the Sephora Favorites set but was throw in as an extra sample in one of my purchases and I haven't used it.)

and. . . - 0.33 oz Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Strumpet (Full-sized product and even comes with it's own lipbrush! Retails for $18)

occ lip tar.jpg

SO, if anyone is interested in any of them just message me!

brittieeee

UPDATE!!!  Both the Stila's are gone and the KVD in Backstage Bambi is gone too!  (That was fast!) Everything else is still available!

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

That was a great idea! I have been searching for a mini backstage bambi. lmao :smileysad: 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

This is an interesting concept you had...comparable trade for the items you don't want...lol

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

@ghkim - see it pays to contact the concierge - they can be very helpful at times :smileyhappy:  glad you found them

friedrice

(0) Hearts

Omg! Thank you so much for this info!

mafan

I checked the on-line system and most of the stores around me had it listed in stock at the end of last week, so I stopped by my store to take a look at it.  They didn't have it on display and said they didn't have it.  I was really annoyed because the system said they did and by then it was sold out.

The SA must have seen how unhappy I was.  She talked to her manager and someone looked further.  The manager came out with a kit and asked if I was interested in any of the other holiday sets because they had most of them they just didn't have the setup for them yet.

Anyway, you can also try calling the store and asking them to look in the back to see if they have it.  My store is good about getting things for me even if they're not on display yet but the store should be able to tell you when it's going to be out.

latinadiva

This is by far one of the most frustrating things about Sephora for me. Not that it is a huge deal but it frustrates me. I'm not an online shopper in terms of BUYING products, so I do feel like I'm constantly at Sephora (when I went on a no buy and came back, one of the associates actually said "nice to see you again!"...embarrassing!) Anywho, I feel like I truly RELY on that "find in store" feature because otherwise I'm driving to Sephora multiple times trying to find it. I've mentioned to my store that it says online that they have it and I usually get no...we don't...but it depends on who I get. I've had people just say nope we don't have that and others go in the back, not only get what I was looking for, but bring out other things they thought I might like based on what I was looking for which is very considerate of them considering they wouldn't have to do that at all. But I agree with what someone said, I think it shows online when they get SHIPMENTS but the store doesn't put it out right away.

Panda168

I've definitely had that happen! The SA at South Coast Plaza went to the back willingly 3-4 times to check before she found the set I was looking for! She was awesome!

Penaloza1

(0) Hearts

That's funny you mention that.That's the store I always go to , and the one where I was told they didn't have it.Thankfully they double-checked.

Penaloza1

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me on Friday.It wasn't on display so the SA's told me they didn't have it, but I had checked online and it specified that it would be available at that location.I pressed one more time, and the SA asked someone via her headset.Turns out they did have it.It was in the "backroom".

I'm really happy.It's a great set.

bratknits

It seems like the website updates when the store receives the product not when it's put out on display.  I went to grab a Superstars kit at mine over the weekend and they weren't out but they got me one from the back.  I also wanted to sniff the TokyoMilk Dark fragrances but they way in the back of the store room so I'll have to wait.  Although, with he way Sephora has been towards Rouge members lately, I may just hit the brand site and ask for sniffies and buy direct.

friedrice

(0) Hearts

I put the give me more lip on my loves, at first it says "add to basket" and when I clicked on it....it says sold out -__-

I am very close to become Rouge and thinking if I should just stay being VIB.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Well, I wouldn't rush to being Rouge.  If you get there, you get there.  Right now the shipping is nice but I would not shop just to get Rouge status.

On the other hand, the lip set looks awesome.  I've got company and I've been really busy, so I haven't had extra play time to try everything out, but I don't regret getting it in the store.  They probably had one in stock and someone put it in their basket just before you tried to.  I do think you'll find it in store without too much trouble.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • friedrice
    • mafan
    • latinadiva
    • spedteacher74
    • brittieeee