nightknight

Flavored High End Lip Products?

Bonne Bell was my first introduction to beauty products, way back when I was in grade school. I fell in love initially from all the different flavors and colors they had. And now when I'm an adult (sorta), I still prefer lip products to have flavor, especially fruity flavors.

What high end lip products do you know of that are flavored?

I know that Too Faced's Lip Injections have a strawberry flavor. ModelCo also has strawberry flavored lipsticks and glosses.

ballerinagrl

Re: Flavored High End Lip Products?

(0) Hearts

Just remembered about 10 years ago I was living in Bangkok, and buying Anna Sui lipsticks which all had awesome flavors :smileyhappy:

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

About 15 years ago, Lancome did a Juicy Lipstick in Strawberry, which I loved. I loved the Juicy Tubes too, and for my wedding I wore I Guerlain strawberry lipstick that still tastes good today (10 years later).

poemelyric

YSL Golden Gloss tastes like guava.. I love it!

melissabt

Hi Nightknight,

I remember one of my favorite scents was the Passion Fruit one! I just got the Perricone No Lipstick Lipstick and it smells AMAZING! Like sweet vanilla cupcakes. I also love the natural flush shade that it gives my lips.

no lipstick.jpg

<3 Melissa
meagboho

I thought Bite's glosses were supposed to be fruity ( I only have the rose ones, which are of course, rosy!)

This is where my mind went though: upload_2184964546100552403.jpg"Berry Kiss it is!"

redwagon44

Holy nostalgia. I don't have any good recommendations for flavored high end items, but I am now on a mission to buy some lip smackers!! I used to have sooo many, and stored them in my caboodle! Or be all cool and wear the ones with the loops around my neck. 

Not mine, but so awesome

upload_4799889559926130547.jpeg

Sn4rky

The Dr. Pepper one though... 

redwagon44

Apparently walmart still carries them. I know where I'm heading after work...

carolang

Stop everything you're doing and plan your YSL lip purchase! The rouge volupte shines are my favorite - number 15 is the most beautiful peach color and they smell like mangos! I have one of their kiss and blushes and they smell like mango but it's more faint. I can't comment on the other versions but worth going in store for a sniff. I do love the smell of these as I put them on and the packaging for the rouge volupte shines is so gorgeous I think everyone should treat themselves to one. They are a creamy formula which isn't always my favorite but I love the color so much I don't care! 

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Mango!!!

This could lure me away from my Tom Ford lipstick addiction :smileyhappy:

nightknight

MANGO?! /stops everything and goes to YSL

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I wasn't aware that these were scented like fruit. I love your "stop everything you're doing" comment. LOL

m3rma1d

(0) Hearts

Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker Lip glosses are all flavored. Decently, too. And a good tingly warm plumping effect. But sadly a bit too sticky for me. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

This is not high end, but Lancome Juicy tubes all have a slight flavor and smell.  

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

Oh Bonnie Bell takes me way back. I used to use Ten-O-Six lotion, which was really a toner. That may have been way before your time.

I'm not into high end lip products, so can't answer that aspect of your question specifically.

I do know that Neutrogena's lip crayons (Moisture Smooth Color Sticks) are slightly flavored, but is more like a scent that doesn't last that long. Neutrogena isn't high end, I know, but maybe you would be interested. The Neutrogena lip crayons aren't super pigmented but they're a nice quick pick-me-up tint that aren't drying and give a touch of color. I rather like them when I want to wear something light that doesn't require exact application.

notcreative

I had never heard of Bonnie Bell until I saw one in a recent TSB.  Seems like I was living under a rock.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I think it was once more prominent in drugstores than it is now. Now, I think it's mostly Lipsmackers, which I use daily as my lip balm alone and under any other lip product. I use the flavors with SPF.

notcreative

I have never heard of Lipsmackers either, but I did take a 15 year break from makeup.  I wore drugstore makeup from 13-17, but I have not worn much since.  If Lipsmackers was not around 20 years ago, that may explain why I've never heard of it.  Although, I am always in search of new lip products, so I will look for them the next time I go to the store.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

Notcreative, definitely look for the ones with SPF. They're so easy to wear alone and under any lip product. I keep extras in my purse, travel kit, makeup kit, etc. My lip products feel drying without the Lipsmacker underneath.

Smokey123

I used to get mine in drug stores about 25-30 yrs ago. I had one that was Tootsie Roll. I loved that one -- wish that I had one like that now. I had all sorts of flavors and were probably some of the best lip balms I've ever had.  They were awesome. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • melissabt
    • nightknight
    • carolang
    • notcreative
    • IAmLadyLiterary