Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Everyday lip product?

I am a HUGE fan of the Fresh Rose Lip treatment. I love the sheer color it has and it's so moisturizing! And I just came across the No Lipstick Lipstick from Perricone MD, so I'm very very tempted to buy it. I have a TON of lip products, but I find myself always in the market for an everyday go to lip product. I need something that is not really heavy on the lips like lipstick. I do have Bite Beauty's Chai lipstick and it's so gorgeous but I think it's too much for a simple look. Do you guys have an everyday lip product that you go to for a simple lip?

Re: Everyday lip product?

How about one of the Dior Lip Glow lip balms? I've used 2 tubes of the pink up before they came out with coral & berry, and I currently have the coral and love it for a simple look. It adjusts to your body chemistry so it looks slightly different on everyone. I actually wore the original pink Lip Glow on my wedding day, and topped it with some Dior Lip Maximizer gloss...it was so low maintenance, but still gave my lips a super pretty pink colour.

Edit: Ah, I just saw that this was discussed below. Anyway, I recommend this one...and this is coming from a fellow lipstick addict with too many lipsticks to count!

Check out some of the nudes in the UD Vice Sheer line, like Sheer Wrong Number, Lair, Rapture, or TMI. I also really like IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi as well.  

I am completely obsessed with the Tarte Quench Lip Rescue. It comes in a few colours, and is super glossy and moisturizing.

I love the Dior Dior Addict Lacquer Stick. It feels like a lip moisturizer to me and there are a lot of shades to choose from so you can get a soft look or a deeper color. I like a little more color so I bought 620 POISONOUS.

Lip oils! I love juicy shakers, clarins and sephora's lip oils. Thats what I use most, way more than lipstick.

I also like pretty vulgar and dior's lip balms. I used to use the ysl tint-in-oil but those smell terrible. The ysl volupte sheer candy, volupte shine oil in stick, and tint in balm are nice if you can get past the smell, they are super hydrating. 

Ok so basically just named all my fav lip balmmy things. My most used is the dior lip glow so thats my top recommendation!

I have been eyeing the PV lip balm so thanks for confirming that. I am wary of the Dior lip balm, just because the shades they have are all so bright. What would you say is the most "nude" of them? 

I have pretty pigmented lips but the dior lip balms are all almost colorless. I only have pink, lilac and coral. I find coral to be the most undetectable but if you have ligther lips, pink might be better. Whichever is closest to your coloring.

the pretty vulgar lip balm has no color at all. It's cool because the stick itself is bright coral. If you haven't tried pretty vulgar, be warned, the packaging is a lot cheaper than it looks in pics.

I'm the same way! I always reach for sheer balms or tints and never my lipstick stash 😞

I second the YSL Sheer Candies, although they've been discontinued and now they're called tint in balm.  They're HG status lip balms! 

Ah thanks! Just checked and my sephora does carry them so I'm going to go check them out!

I like YSL's Sheer Candy and Tarte's LipSurgence.  I also just got a Julep lip oil treatment in my Glossybox, and I've been digging it the last few weeks.  

All of those options are pretty sheer, lightweight, and moisturizing.

I did try the Julep lip oil (I think they were on sale somewhere) but I didn't like the smell of it too much and they were lacking in tint. 

Hi Sha789, 

I'm all over the map with lip products, but I find that the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm continues to be a staple in my collection. 

I've really been enjoying the coral shade as the weather gets warmer, and it's so easy to pop on!

Bisous, 

Sian

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing