roxystar4

Dupe for this lippie ?

Hey ladies, Anyone know of a good/comparable dupe for Cle de Peau Beaute Extra Rich Lipstick in Mister Lincoln?

072513-best-in-show-1-400.jpg

091113-Extra-Rich-400.jpg

Spyski

Re: Dupe for this lippie ?

That IS a gorgeous color for the season! I purchased a color very similar to that and it's NARS Velvet Matte in Damned. I can send you a pm with a swatch when I get home from work if you would like, but for now here's pics on Karen's blog, Makeup and Beauty...although I think the NARS one has a tad bit more of a cranberry tint.

nars-damned-swatch.jpg

damned.JPG

BeautyJunkie325

I saw the same lip in InStyle as one of the 9 trends you can wear.  it is a beautiful burgundy. I was going to check out Bite Cashmere Lip Creme in Bordeaux, Smashbox in Plum Scene and Sephora No 41 Idol.

melde

What makes this so difficult is that all three of those colors (on the model, the up close swatch, and the actual lipstick) look slightly different to me, maybe taken in different light?

What about NARS Mascate?

http://www.sephora.com/pure-matte-lipstick-P273416

roxystar4

melde, they are all different (not just the lighting). I read that the Cle de Peau Beaute is not worth the price ($60), so I wanted to find a similar color.  No one was responding to the initial post, so I thought I would try to see if anyone had tried NARS Autumn Leaves (it looked similar in the tube) or had something similar to the pic of  Alyssa Milano because I liked that color too (it def is warmer, more brown and more orange) than the Cle de Peau Beaute Mister Lincoln.

melde

Oh, gotcha! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I don't want something too brown. More of a cinnamon color.

I Don't know what color this is. But it's gorgeous as well.6527940_f520.jpg

roxystar4

I was thinking maybe NARS Autumn Leaves - shimmering warm brandy?s1433895-main-hero.jpg

lmi82

[ Edited ]

I have Nars Autumn Leaves and it leans more orange. On some people, Autumn Leaves is really really orange and on others it isn't. You'd have to try it out to see if it'd work. I absolutely love Autumn Leaves (such a pretty color) and I do recommend it, but I don't think it's a great dupe for the one Alyssa Milano is wearing.

I looked through the swatch gallery on Temptalia and MAC Tabla looks to be the closest. It is a bit more brown, but it's the closest that I could find. MAC Tabla available on the MAC website and it is not limited edition.

mac_tabla004.jpg

Picture from Temptalia

EDIT: I've found a few more to at a look at :smileyhappy:

• Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Cognac (warm raisin). Picture: beautybasezero dot net.

102811.jpg

• Clinique High Impact Lip Colour in Sassy Spice. Image: mitchwearsclothes dot blogspot dot com.

Sassy Spice.jpg

• bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Finish First (milk chocolate). Picture: loveshelby dot com.

IMG_2761.JPG

• Lancome Rouge In Love Lipcolor in 278B Divine Seduction (deep coppery brown). Image: cybelesays dot com.

6a00d834fef85553ef0167641ecc2f970b-800wi.jpg

• Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in BR317 - Butterscotch. Image: Shiseido.

Shiseido Deep Metallic.jpg

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

lmi82, wow! thank you. Great post girl :smileyhappy:  I like the Shiseido for a lipstick similar to the one Alyssa Milano is wearing.

Love the color of the Cognac but I have one Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick and it isn't my favorite. It is very very soft and mushy. It rubs against the tube because it leans. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lmi82
    • roxystar4
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • melde
    • Spyski
Photos12