lovelyred139

Dupe for Discontinued Buxom Polish?

Hi all.  So I've finally run out of my Buxom Lip Polish in Vanessa.  I'm not really a sheer color kind of girl, so I loved that it's a moisturizing gloss with buildable, pretty opaque color.  I also love me a wine/dark red lip.  Really, the color was a winner all around.  Unfortunately, it seems to have been discontinued since I last purchased it.  Are there similar shades in the current Buxom line up?  My closest Sephora is a JCP location and they don't carry Buxom, so swatching in person isn't an option.  If not, I'd love suggestions for a dark red glossy lip color that's not a stain.

melissabt

Re: Dupe for Discontinued Buxom Polish?

(0) Hearts

Hi Lovelyred139,

Mia has already given you some wonderful recommendations! I just wanted to add a few more:smileywink:

cream lip stain.jpg

Sephora Collection Cream Stain 07 Dark Berry - satin blackberry wine. This one has a very opaque finish and dries to a satin/matte finish.

Illamasqua Intense Gloss Hermetic - deep wine red

illamasque intense.jpg

<3 Melissa
miabt

Re: Dupe for Discontinued Buxom Polish?

Hi lovelyred139,

Its always the worst when your favorite anything gets discontinued!  I love that the Buxom Lip Polishes are sheer, yet buildable.  While there isnt an exact dupe in the line, you might want to try out Brandi.  It looks a lot deeper than Vanessa, but since its sheer, its not too bad :smileyhappy:

Buxom - Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish

Gabbi is also a fab shade worth checking out :smileywink:

Buxom - Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish

If you are open to trying something outside of the Buxom line, I would suggest the Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Starlit

Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss

http://www.sephora.com/lip-enhancing-gloss-P182406?skuId=984914

Or the Guerlain Maxi Shine Lip Gloss

Guerlain - Maxi Shine Lip Gloss

http://www.sephora.com/maxi-shine-lip-gloss-P379100?skuId=1512540

xo, Mia

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • miabt