onomotopoeia9

Does this call out to any of you guys?

[ Edited ]

So I guess I missed the boat to the bite beauty lip book, but now I see this 15 Shades of Sephora value set. What are your thoughts on this set? Do you think this is worth running out to get?swfupload_2821038194018994935.jpg

JGSFLA

Re: Does this call out to any of you guys?

i like it..the colors on the web page look kind of scary but in real life they are pretty tame..goood value!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

I love the gloss set. Almost every color looks good on me. But like momo said a lot of the shades are similar. I don't mind that too much, but it does sort of decrease it's monetary value in my mind. Still, I'm really glad I bought it, it's a lot of fun.

momo

So it still might be not too late to get the Bite Beauty Lip Library, it sometimes goes on sale again even of it normally says out of stock and even if Sephora tells you on the phone it is sold out. If you check this direct link randomly each day (multiple times to be sure!) it might just someday say "available" and you can buy it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1442052&productId=P376640

Just like the 100/500 rewards and promo codes, if you have the direct link, you can buy something that may be available even though the website does not show it yet. And since the Library is always in the "sale section" then even if it is available, it won't show up on the site until the sales update in the early morning.

Buuuut... on to the the Gloss Set... I have it and I adore it! The set does have a few very pigmented colors, a few very sheer colors, and a few that look similar to each other. For me it is fun and every color looks good on. The formula is nice and smells and tastes good too. It does not last a long time though for me and I will need to reapply it throughout the night, but the fading is pretty even and looks nice even when faded. For me the most important part is that it does not dry out my lips, or cause any allergy. Every other gloss I have ever tried has cause my lips to peel. In fact it seems to moisturize my lips instead.

That being said, there may be other sets that have a better value since this set is pricey and there are a few similar colors. But all of the colors are pretty flattering. You really need to love glosses though to love this set.

The Lip Library is very different, it has a good variety of colors but all of them are very pigmented, unlike the gloss set where just about half are. : )

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks for sharing momo!!

Manda

I am going to chime in here, since I commonly wear lipgloss (lipstick dries out my lips, even the moisturizing brand).  I find Bite's Lipglosses to be one of the best lipglosses out there.  They are long wearing and some of the colors (the reds especially) are true to their natural color.  Very moisturizing as well.  I splurged on this kit and, I am very pleased that I did.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I have played with this lipgloss set twice since I posted last on this thread. They have a tester set at my local JCP. The purple color actually is more sheer and you could play with this color and do some fun layering with lipstick. The yellow isn't yellow either- it is a light gold. Really pretty and sparkly. 

There are two colors in the set that are almost exactly alike though ( far left color and the third color from the right). They are both a orangish/coral color. Pretty but I dont think I would need two of them. 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Onomotopoeia9-

I was excited when I saw this! I haven't tried any of the glosses and this seems like a really versatile collection of shades. I don't wear red a lot and I was thinking I would give those shades to my mom:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I brought a set of 6 Buxom gloss and have some Clinique/sephora gloss as well as a couple drugstore to experiment with over the years. The conclusion is: I'm just not a gloss gal. It's nice to have a couple, but I'd much rather play with tinted lip balms, lip sticks, lip stains etc.

It does look like a nice color range so you can split with friends and have fun. =)

sephoramusthave

I'm just not a lipgloss gal. I can count on my one hand how many glosses I actually went out and bought, the rest I have from combination kits or point perks. It looks like a great gift though :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

I have looked at this set a few times. Looks like some nice colors but some of them are questionable. 

starletta8

Admittedly, I haven't tested their lip gloss formula.

That said it looks like a nice "building block" type of set but I bet you have dupes for a large chunk of the colors, onomotopoeia9!

Daniela1387

Im not too sure I saw it too but am thinking twice about it. I haven't tried their lip glosses so I don't know what their color payoff is or the type of consistency they has (sticky, slippery, tacky etc.) so that has stopped me from ordering them. Im probably going to go to a sephora to try some of these out before I buy them. There are some colors that I would be wary of like that yellow in the middle, the bright purple, and the 3 orangey ones that look veryyy alike (the 1st one, the 8th one, and the 13th one)

aviscardi

I think the price is good. But only if I split it, I wouldn't want all the colors

onomotopoeia9

smart idea!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • Manda
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler