ChicDabbler

Do you own any Burberry cosmetics? Do you like it?

I've heard a lot about the high quality of Burbeery cosmetics but never tried them. Recently I got a Burberry lip cover in Cameo Pink and LOVE it! It's this warm pinky rose color with a hint of gold glitter that you can't feel or see on your lips, it's not a lip balm but it doesn't dry my lips out even if I forgo my lip balm before applying lipstick. The my-lips-but-better color that I can wear any time any where.

upload_4263248322192749107.jpg

So, since there's no Burberry cosmetic within a 4hrs drive and they don't send samples (boohoo), I was wondering if you ladies own any Burberry cosmetics? which ones and how do you like it?

spoiledbrat

Re: Do you own any Burberry cosmetics? Do you like it?

i do have the midnight brown, you must get it - it is so GORGEOUS!  Thanks Kalex and Poshy, i just ordered another one for back up and another rosewood liner too - oh the enabling; i love it! 

who thinks the baby Burberry lippies are too cute to use? Raising arm and shaking hand...me...me - i cannot hardly use them. The cuteness :smileyhappy:

beethousand

I had a few things - the Lip Velvet in Fuschia Pink, an eyeshadow quad in Pale Nudes, eyeshadow singles in Rosewood, Almond, and Midnight Brown, and the blush in Rose. I really love everything I have from the brand. I tried the foundation, but didn't really like it that much. I'm quite picky about foundation though.

kalex

I have several lipsticks, a lip liner, a couple eye shadow singles, and a pressed powder.  Very happy with everything!

ChicDabbler

Oh which powder? If it's a mattifying powder then I might buy one. Oh, does the pad/sponge comes in the compact or separately?

kalex

It's the Sheer Luminous pressed powder.  It does reduce shine but doesn't have a super matter finish.  

It came with a little brush that fits right in the velvet pouch.

poshified

[ Edited ]

Just a heads up, Burberry is now owned by Shiseido (formerly owned by Clarins), so the line is working out the kinks. That's the reason why so many things are currently unavailable, but I was told the entire line will be available in the coming months. YAY! :smileyhappy: I agree with Spoiledbrat on the eyeshadows and lipsticks. That said, here are some of the must-haves from the line, in my opinion:

1) Burberry Rosewood lipstick: There's a reason why it's a cult favorite. The color is universally flattering and wears comfortably.

2) Burberry single shadows: Personal picks are Midnight Brown, Rosewood, and Pale Barley (if you can still get your hands on it.)

3) Burberry quads: Dark Spice and Mocha (just a note that if you end up getting this quad, some of the colors are exact dupes to the single eyeshadows.)

4) Blushes: Russet and Blossom (a bit harder to track down)

5) Lipliner: Nude Beige!

6) Velvet foundation: Long lasting with no SPF. The scent may be a turn-off for some.

Happy shopping! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Hmm, I actually am not a fan of darker nude/rose lip colors. I can pull them off and ppl keep suggesting them to me, but I much prefer brighter lighter colors, like Cameo pink.

I almost never use darker eyeshadows, much prefer natural or a little highlighter. Trench, gold trench, or gold pearl looks promising. =)

kalex

I have the Rosewood lip liner and I find it to be the perfect shade under just about any rosy (or darker) lip color!

I second your suggestion of Midnight Brown shadow as well.

spoiledbrat

i have some Burberry, none of the colors are available any longer so when I want to buy something i have PS from Nordstroms send me swatches via email - i LOVE their eyeshadows, not as much as Guerlain, but more than Dior - i also really like their lipstick for everyday wear if i am wearing little makeup and do not want to mess with a lip liner - the rosewood and antique rose look similar to the colors i have used - i also have a dark red brown that i love too, but it is not available anymore either - hope that helps and that you enjoy whatever you get

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kalex
    • spoiledbrat
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler
    • beethousand
Photos1