Spyski

Dior Addict Lip Glow?

(0) Hearts

How does this product work and is it worth the money for someone looking for moisturized lips with your own natural color? I'm currently on the hunt for a good lip gloss without the sticky and dry feeling afterwards. It doesn't necessarily have to be long lasting. Color is important. If it has shimmer that's fine as well. Any suggestions?

*I think the Fresh Lip treatments are great, but I want something with a little more color to it, same concept though*

Spyski

Re: Dior Addict Lip Glow?

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for your input. This post is a little old and I did end up buying it only to not like it. It didn't give me the results I was expecting with "my lips but better" color. It was also not as moisturizing as the Fresh Sugar treatments. I will stick with those since I found I like the Rose one the best :smileyhappy:

ace2021

Its honestly one of my favorite products I've ever purchased. It is very moisturizing and the color is great. It just makes your lips a little more perky if that makes sense

AViz

I lusted after this product for ever and finally tried Sephora's dupe, "Color Reveal"...at $12 it doesn't hit your wallet quite as hard as the Dior and on me it produces a nice kind of light berry colored tint.  It's not quite as moisturizing as Fresh, but I wear it all the time at work and love it.  

Can't speak to the Dior, I might try it when my dupe runs out, but if you don't want to spend as much the Sephora brand is really good.  However it's not eally like a "gloss" in my opinion.  More like a tinted lip butter or something.  Good luck!

cutiecocolove

well... i just squeezed my eyes very tightly as i was handing the cashier the money... i was like GOD PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE let this be a good purchase.... never dissapointed. cmon YOLO... YOLO.... and the lady behind me and the cashieer was staring at me funny.... possibily i was saying YOLO too many times. normally i dont say YOLO often, and when i do... well im just crazy. :/

cutiecocolove

once i was like ok im gonna buy this. and 5 min later i was like nah.... and the i was like YOLO and i bought it. BEST. FREAKIN. PURCHASE. EVARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyski

I'm glad you had a YOLO moment and went for it. LOL!

Unfortunately, I didn't like it as it didn't "enhance" my lip color like the product description said it would.

mxcx

LOLL I usually hate the usage of yolo but this was just too funny! hahahh

starletta8

I'm in lust with my Dior Lip Glow.  It looks different on everyone- and natural.  I used to rotate lip products all the time- but can't stop wearing this one!

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Would you repurchase it?

DTalksAll

I've repurchased it twice. 

DTalksAll

It's moisturizing, and the color is a sheer pink. Laura Mercier has tinted lip blams that had a nice dose of color. http://www.sephora.com/hydratint-spf-15-P244104?skuId=1179241

lylysa

What colors are you wanting to go for since you say color is important?

Are you looking for a gloss that is liquid based or a balm that gives a glossy finish? The Dior Addict Lip Glow does contain nourishing and hydrating ingredients, but if you're wanting something with more variety in color, try Clinique's Chubby Moisturizing Lip Balm sticks, they're like a glossy balm pencil that makes application a breeze and gives sheer color. If you do want something that has more staying power and won't wear off as quick, Tarte's Lip Surgence Lip Stains are great. They're packaged similar to the Chubby Sticks, but give longer wearing color in various shades/finishes. The original Lip Tint and the Luster line will give more a glossy, hydrated look to lips compared to the Mattes. They also come in a good range of buildable colors too.

Spyski

Awesome! 

Dusty rose colors preferred, I will look into the Chubbies and Surges for comparability sakes. 

lylysa

Try Enchanted (rose shade, it looks crazy deep red in the photo but the regular Lip Surgences are way more sheer than they appear), Achiote, or Glitzy from the Luster collection for Tarte.

Clinique has Bountiful Blush (dusty rose), Fuller Fig (pinky beige), or Mega Melon (peachy pink, it's like an extra soft dusty rose).

Spyski

Ooo I'm likin' that Mega Melon!

Think I may go with Glitzy as well. Thanks

lylysa

No prob! And if you're feeling super lip-licious....layer Glitzy on top for a hint of shimmer! O_O

MoreGun89

It's slightly less emollient than the Fresh Sugar lip Treatments, and has a lovely either pinky plum or fuschia finish to it :smileyhappy:  A good dupe would be the Fresh Sugar in Petal though, I find that they produce a similar fuschia, although the lip glow lends to a slightly (VERY slightly) more magenta tone.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lylysa
    • cutiecocolove
    • MoreGun89
    • ace2021
    • starletta8