lillyjumper

Clinique Chubby Sticks

I was looking at these for a long time, but for some reasons never really got into them and didn't pull the trigger...

I have a few questions for you all about them!

1. Do they ever dry out your lips?

2. How long do they last?

thanks in advanced :smileyhappy: :*

Heatoyos1

Re: Clinique Chubby Sticks

(0) Hearts

I love my Chubby Sticks! For everyday, I wear Voluptuous Violet--which I first tried in a Clinique Bonus Time gwp from Macys in October. It is kind of like Black Honey in that the product looks dark, but goes on very sheer. (This works much better on me than Black Honey, though.) It is not super moisturizing on me, but not drying, either.

I tried the Chubby Treats set because it has my Voluptuous Violet, and had wanted to try the Pudgy Peony because I love Fuchsia lip colors, but the Pudgy Peony product seemed dried out, and did not apply evenly (it clumped up in some places). I am planning on returning it. :/ Otherwise, love my other Chubby Sticks!

http://www.sephora.com/chubby-treats-P383548?skuId=1560705

I also tried my first Chubby Stick Intense when I got a free Mightiest Maraschino one from my local Macys. I wore it to a work Christmas party, and it was striking and gorgeous! The color pay-off is great, and the product seems more moist than the regular Chubby Sticks, but wore off completely after I ate dinner.

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I liked them. But they makes my lips peel alot. Which is so weird.
But they are nice, they don't last, but you can always see a tint of
color left on your lips.

brennab

I love the chubby sticks and I'm pretty sure I have them all! :smileytongue: They don't dry my lips out (which is a problem for me as I find a lot of other lip products do).

They don't last as long as I would like because they are so moisturizing but they are super easy to reapply so I don't mind.

<3

B

drrragon

(0) Hearts

I must be the only person in the world who can't use these because sadly, they do dry out my lips. :smileysad:  I tried some out a couple of years ago and was so so sad that I had to give them away.  I reapplied multiple times during the day but still my lips were dried out by the end.  The Almost Lipsticks do that to me too.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Weird! I will go to a store and swatch these to see! But I have tried the almost lipsticks, and they do not dry my lips out though!

shapeshifter

Honestly, I got addicted to them towards the end of the summer and ended up will ALL the clinique bonuses from everywhere... My absolute fave is heftiest hibiscus, a gorgeous orange. Also love chunkiest chili (reddish brown) and plushest punch ( bright pink). 

orkira

Love Clinique chubby sticks.  My favorite is woppin' watermelon (sheer light pink) in the regular line and Curviest Caramel (pigmented pinkish nude) in the intense line.  They are very very moisturizing, have never dried my lips out and I suffer from very dry & chapped lips year round if I don't use balm and lip scrubs daily.  They last a few hours on my lips before I reapply.  HTH.

Suiteheart

Hello fellow rider and jumper! :smileyvery-happy:

I have to agree with everyone else on them. They aren't drying - I usually have pretty dry lips and if anything these moisturized them. They don't last all day, you might need to reapply once or twice. But they are good for adding a little color.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

yay horses!! 

haha I want to try them because at shows i am always running around and never have time for chap stick/lip balm, and even though they don't last all day, that would be perfect!! haha and for school when I want a sheer wash of color!

aviscardi

Ive only ever tried the one that was a point perk and loved it, it was really pigmented. I didn't think it would be. It lasted like 5-6hrs but i line with everything i wear. and it wasn't drying at all

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Did you use the intense one or the regular chubby sticks? Now im glad I am looking into these again!

shapeshifter

I love chubby sticks! Tarte lipsurgence crayons are my favorite and have kinda better ingredients, but the Clinique one's are cheaper and also great and in a different range of colors.

The best thing about them to me is that they don't dry out your lips. Usually I would have to put on chapstick before putting on lipstick...not with chubby sticks! Very moisturizing. The Intense ones have good color payoff, the regular ones are more like highly tinted balms. I think they last a pretty average amount of time, not like a stain but I don't feel like they slide off quickly or anything. 

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

the price is why i am leaning towards the Clinique!  thats awesome you dont need chapstick before!!! Slightly leaning to the regular, but they both sound amazing!!!

spoiledbrat

My first experience with them came from the 100 pt perk. Surprised myself and liked it a lot b/c of the sheer wash of color with some staining that helps the color last. The free ones that Macys offer are/were a choice of Mighty Maraschino and Berry Blast. The Berry Blast looks very dark, but is very sheer. Because of the point perk, I have purchased a couple more. They are a bargain compared to Tarte, which are also nice.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I was looking at Berry Blast because I want to have a sheer wash of a darker color, so it is not that bold and crazy to wear to school!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • aviscardi
    • drrragon
    • brennab
    • lillyjumper
    • Candy357