sephoramusthave

Christmas lipcolor

[ Edited ]

Every year for the holidays I like to get a new lipstick/gloss thats "Christmas-y". For the last couple of years its been Dior Gloss Show in Charlotte Moka { discontinued from Sephora :smileysad: } but this year I want a color like this. It looks darker online then it does in my actual brochure. Its a warm, glittery christmas red. Any suggestions? Thank you!

projill

Re: Christmas lipcolor

Wow!  There are so many great reds out there...

If you want glittery, I agree with Magpie- Kat Von D Adora is gorgeous and it stays on.  

To get the deeper look, just line your lips first with a more brick colored liner (I love Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Pencil in Deep Red) and shade in your lips slightly.  Then layer a few layers of Adora on top and your lips will have that deep red gorgeous dimension with a shine that will stop traffic.

Deep Red/

I also love Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in Moulin Rouge #43.  I also pair this with a deeper liner for more dimension.

43 Moulin Rouge

And I love Diana's suggestion of topping it with glitter and matching your nail polish.

xoxo

Jill

nailpolar

You can never go wrong with a revlon red. Revlon Matte 007 in the red is a perfect winter color. Its a deep red. If you want to shine it up I sometimes coat it with Philosophy's peppermint bark lipgloss (the name and scent scream holiday shade).

maipie

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Kat Von D's "Adora" color from her Foiled Love Lipstick line? It looks very 'Christmasy'...though, it isn't all that "warm" because it doesn't have much brown in it, it is beautiful though, on many skintones,  and I don't even like metallic/shimmery lipsticks usually.

I have Nars' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Cruella" and thats a very pretty warm red color, and if you want some shine you can add some gloss of course. Or, you could wear "Cruella" & then even put just a smudge of KVD's "Adora" in the middle of your bottom lip for a metallic edge to add some dimension while providing a nice contrast to the matte red of "Cruella."

** I also wanted to add that Buxom's Lip Polishes (both the Full-Color & the original more sheer ones) are awwwesome. They have a great selection of colors and they look with only a dab or if you apply a good amount, they look good alone or layered with a lipstick or liner just however you want to wear them really!

Hope this helped a little :smileyhappy:

blondeglam

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in "Little Red Dress" is amazing. LOVE IT!

dianabt

Hello ladies! 

I love the suggestions! Fun holiday reds are fun to do,  but finding the right shade is tricky. I stick to my go to tube, Lancome Red Stiletto Color Design.

Red Stiletto

Another fun tip.. match your lips and nails! I stopped by Sephora yesterday with our Beauty Advisor Melissa and we purchased the new Holiday shades! You all MUST try them, the Red shade is AMAZING and adds another fun pop of color with the red holiday lips.  :smileywink: What's nice is they are even in a set with all 4 in a full size for $28 USD.

Four Piece Full Size Nail Colour Set ($38 Value)

I purchased the Be-Clause I Said So

Be-Clause I Said So

and Don't Be Eggnog-ious

Don't Be Eggnogious

Super fun colors to wear with lipshades. :smileyvery-happy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt

Hi Sephoramusthave,

I really like glittery red shades for the holiday, they are so festive and glamorous! I have listed below some lip colors that best fit the description of the red that you are looking for.

Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense

(pearly bright red)

43 Moulin Rouge
(satin vibrant red)
43 Moulin Rouge

I would then apply the Make Up Forever Glitters on top

Red 7

Red 7
(bright metallic berry red)

You can also add the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss

Little Red Dress 856

Little Red Dress 856
(true red with micro glitter)

I hope this helps!

<3 Melissa
cupcakes26

(0) Hearts

I think it's a good idea... but I am not really sure that would look appropriate for regular occassions. It might be too sparkly!!!! :smileyhappy:

JanineJ

Illamasqua Lipstick in Howl is a really pretty pigmented red that's perfect for the holidays! It is a matte lipstick, so you would have to put a gloss on top of it. Pink Ballerina or Rosy Glow from the Sephora Collection are two fabulous glosses that will definitely make that red color pop.

katie1724

Last year I bought NARS gloss in Misbehave on Black Friday -- which is the epitome of "warm, glittery Christmas red" -- I loved that it stayed red on my lips (most "red" glosses pull pink, orange or fuchsia on me). The color can also be built up if you add an extra coat. Give it a try the next time you're at Sephora or a NARS counter!

: )

tinkerchels

(0) Hearts

I was going to suggest the same lipgloss here! I also would suggest Buxom Lip gloss in Betty & Brandi!

geminibreeze

@ Katie I am going to check this color out too. I have a hard time finding a decent red on me, because I am so pale and ones with an orange base look terrible on me. How you described this color, it sounds like it would be perfect for me!

katie1724

@geminibreeze -- red can be really difficult for me to pull off, too, and Misbehave is nice! NARS Gipsy (and MAC Hot Tahiti) is also a really sheer, easy to wear red. I've probably recommended these in other threads because they're my go-tos...hahah :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • corrin99
    • sephoramusthave
    • maipie
    • geminibreeze
    • projill