sweetieeee

Chapped lips. And lip gloss(: ?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

So i love lip gloss mostly because lipstick isn't too great for me. I have really dry lips that I cant get rid off. My Neutrogena lip balm with SPF 20 is a must every morning and night or my lips will bug me the whole time. I usually place my balm on before I use my mac creme sheen or Lancôme lip sticks. I tend to stay within the deeper pinks it's a natural color for my lips.

so to my point(: what lip glosses do any of you recommend ? Or love?

any great lip glosses that aren't really thick and sticky?

Ive been thinking about trying out Loracs lip with Benefit lip gloss in the color: Chuck(nude).

pix = the color of lipstick I tend to stick to and would love a lip gloss in that color. The lighting is kinda bad.sorry.image.jpg

sweetieeee

Re: Chapped lips. And lip gloss(: ?

(0) Hearts

Thank you ladies you have been a lot of help ! I have great options now:smileyhappy:

Suiteheart

Not technically what you're asking for - but I think it will help. You should try My Favorite Night Balm by C.O Bigelow. It's great.  It's the only thing that saved my lips. After being sick + trying to wear lip tar, my lips were so dry that I'd wake up with bleeding cracks - not pretty - I picked up the Night Balm stuff and after one night my lips were totally rehydrated. I use it every night now! (:

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Thanks ! I'll have that on my list! When my lips are dry and apply any Mac lip stick (because I for got my chap stick and need something on my lips) my lips become worse and peel bleed

shallys

(0) Hearts

I hate the maintenance of lipsticks, and the fact that they can smudge or come off when you eat.  Instead, I use a lip stain from Stilla then apply a lip moisturizer (Amore Pacific moisture bound lip treatment) for my eternally dry lips. The combination gives my lips color and moisturizes really well!

FireSpinner

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Lip Smacker's lip balm in the flavour in Dr. Pepper

It's like 3 bucks, gives a nice reddish tint to the lips, very natural looking and it feels great on the lips. Far from "high-end" but it works :smileyhappy:

sulfate

(0) Hearts

I have dry lips and also loved Bare Minerals 100% Natural, as drrragon mentioned.    I'm currently using Armani Flash Lacquer glosses which are my favorite. There is no odor or weird taste and they keep my lips very moisturized as well.  

Daretolook

(0) Hearts

I have the same problem and I use Clinique Chubby sticks and I love them. They work like a glossy lip stain , but moisturize your lips so well! 

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

I just picked a free one up the other day I love the buttery feel plus their moisture is the only one that helps me! So I have hope in there chubby stick:smileyhappy:

bleuorchid21

(0) Hearts

I recommend Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. It's pricy but comes in clear as well as tinted shades. It was also the birthday gift this year from Sephora. Whenever my lips feel chapped or dry, this helps clear them right up. A while back, I had some weird waxyness to my lips and this was the only thing that cleared it up. I also apply this before lipstick since it goes on really creamy.

michmo

(0) Hearts

A lip gloss that is so moisturizing for my lips and just works great for me is Josie Maran Natural Volume Lip Gloss.  It isn't too sticky and it really moisturizes without making my lips peel.  I use a light almost sheer color and use it over all my lipsticks.  

I have a pink Lorac Lips with Benefits.  It is a creamier gloss, kind of like a liquid lipstick.  I cannot remember the name of my color, but it is fairly opaque.  It is not drying, but the moisture benefit wasn't as long as some of my other glosses.  

Recently I've also tried Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss.  It seems to be a mix of the two I mention above.  Not quite a lipstick finish (at least in the color I use), but definitely more color than the Josie Maran lipgloss.  I find it a tad sticky, although I don't mind sticky.  It slightly reminds me a Stila Lip Glaze but not as sticky.  

mymax

(0) Hearts

I really like all Bobbi Brown lip-glosses, they have good staying power and great colors. I also just purchased a Clinique Chubby stick in Mega Melon. I love that it goes on like a mix of gloss and stick, color is great too, however the staying power to me isn't that great.

drrragon

I have dry chapped lips too and my all-time favorite lip gloss is Smashbox Lip Enhancing gloss.  A year ago I decided to go on a search for some other gloss brand that matched up, but in the end Smashbox still really fits the bill for my perpetually chapped lips.  The texture is nice and light and the "true color" ones have decent pigmentation, although they're still on the sheer side like most glosses are.

upload_6931432825038246797.jpg

They have a great holiday set out right now, 5 full size glosses for only $24!

http://www.sephora.com/wondervision-lip-gloss-set-P383172?skuId=1563469

The other one I found that doesn't cause any irritation and moisturizes enough is Bare Minerals 100% Natural lip gloss, although I can't seem to find it at Sephora any more.  

ExcessiveGlam

(0) Hearts

@drrragon, are those FULL size glosses??  If so, that set is an amazing value.

drrragon

Yup, they're full size!  They do those gloss sets once a year!

ExcessiveGlam

[ Edited ]

I must have them :smileyhappy:

I promised myself that the order I placed this morning was my last one until 2014. Oh well.  THIS will be my last order.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

orkira

Dior has lip glosses that aren't thick or sticky.  I love the two they came out with for the holidays, Enchanted Rose (beautiful light pink) & Pink Fantasy (dark reddish pink).

heidismakeup

(0) Hearts

I second that recommendation!

sweetieeee

Thanks! I'm look into them(:the pink fantasy sound interesting!

orkira

(0) Hearts

The Pink Fantasy is my favorite Dior lip gloss.  :smileyhappy:  I just wish it wasn't LE.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

my lip pigmentation is ok so if i do a clear gloss or lipbalm im ok. but some times i do a burgundy for no reason and it looks ok.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • mymax
    • drrragon
    • sulfate
    • bleuorchid21
    • cutiecocolove
    • orkira