doriangray

Can we talk about lipliner?

I have been loving the trend for vivid and deep lipsticks but I often want more wear and coverage than I get from lipstick alone.  I have medium brown skin and pretty pigmented two-tone lips.  

I've tried the "same color as your lips" liner thing but I don't like how it alters the color of my lipsticks.  I have a clear liner from Sephora brand which I love for increasing wear but it obviously doesn't help with coverage.  I am considering colored liner but I'm not sure where to start.  Do I really need a new one for every shade?  Is this a good one?  

http://www.sephora.com/retractable-waterproof-lip-liner-P257801?skuId=1214568

doriangray

Re: Can we talk about lipliner?

(0) Hearts

I ended up buying several Jordana pencils($1.99!) and a NYX.  The Jordanas glided on nicely but weren't awesome for making my lipstick last.  It helped to fill in and then blot before lipstick.  They did work well for me as allover lipstick.  They have a great texture and color payoff for that.  

The NYX was the winner.  It had good pigmentation, was easy to use to line, or fill in, and it had a tackiness to it that made it stick to my lips and my lipstick.  The one I bought was a bright pink but I want to go back for neutrals.  They have tons of shades.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

This is great, I was just in the market for a new nude lip liner!  Does anyone have additional suggestions for their favorite lip liner that lasts all day and extends lipstick wear?  I'm using Lancome right now which performs really well, but it's a bit $$$ for a pencil!

beethousand

(0) Hearts

I love my UD, MUFE, and MAC lipliners, but I generally buy those for my most used lip colors. I do like to match the lipliner to the lipstick, so for cheaper lipliners I LOVE NYX. Very reasonably priced, very nice quality, and huge color selection.

tigrelili

(0) Hearts

actually queen latifahs covergirl queen line doesnt have that bad of a color array for lipliners i have a couple of them on subscribe and save on amazon to be shipped to me every 6 months or so and theyre great go to's

i believe i have smoky , sophistication and theres another one

upload_6933186747604784008.jpg

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

give a try to NYX lip liners they are pretty nice too :smileywink:

doriangray

Thanks ladies, this has been really helpful!

amberangeline

My favorite lip liners are the Makeup Forever Aqua Lip Liners! They provide an excellent base layer when you line and fill in your lips before applying lipstick. I don't think you need an exact match for every single lip color you own... I just have one from each of my favorite color families- I have a plum, a pink, and a red. Not all of my lipsticks are exact matches for these liners, but they blend well and really seem to enhance and prolong any of my lipsticks I put on top of them. I also like to wear just the lip liners as lip color with a little gloss on top. They last all day!

gingerblack

For my vivid colours I use a lip liner. Well actually I only have a cherry red and a plum/dark purpley coloured one that I use with different lipsticks in that colour range. I think it does change the colour of the lipstick a bit, which personally isn't a huge concern of mine, but if you don't like it you might want to buy a few. I like them because they make the lip colour last longer, not come off my lips onto my skin, and help with coverage for sure. 

I got my lipliners from the Sephora collection and Jordana lol. Not high end what so ever but they work well for me. Maybe you could get the Sephora to test if it works for you.

amberangeline

Hey, Jordana lip liners are no joke! I love them too!

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

where do you guys get Jordana from? Ive heard so much about their mascara but cant find it anywhere.

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

If you live near a Walgreens I've seen Jordana products there! I've been meaning to try out their shadow pencils.

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

Walgreens! 

doriangray

(0) Hearts

And what about lip primers?  I've had my eye on the Too Faced.  Should I use both?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • reflectsgold
    • drrragon
    • doriangray
    • gingerblack
    • amberangeline