redwagon44

Bite Lip Wipes

[ Edited ]

I just spotted this on Temptalia.... 

bite.jpg

They are 10 for $12 or 30 for $22... 

I just... why? Why would you spend over (or almost) a dollar for a lip wipe? Am I missing something here? Are we too good for a spitty tissue to wipe off mistakes or stain?

Annalily11

Re: Bite Lip Wipes

(0) Hearts

If these were more economical(like 30 for $12) I'd definitely like them. A small, individually packaged wipe to take care of lipstick mistakes and smudges without having to carry a giant package of makeup removing wipes would be very nice. I find the spitty often makes things worse by smearing lipstick everywhere as opposed to just removing the mark where you went over your lip line. If these were cheaper, I'd love them, but for now I'll just be extra careful when applying and wiping my face.

spoiledbrat

Why were these not pictured in the "What's New" section?  So many new products that are not pictured, with things that have been available for weeks still listed as new.  Confusing Sephora.

nishcakes

I have given up on trying to use the "What's New" tab. I've just been checking out BT for new products. They don't seem to ever update that section. We're left to search on our own. :smileysad:

jcmb

I totally agree! The "What's new " section is virtually worthless!!

enableme

I thought the same thing when I first saw these but then I remembered all my frustration and annoyance when I put on a lipstick in the morning and it's just not right (doesn't look good with the outfit, I changed my mind, applied it poorly, etc.) and I have to either wipe it off with a tissue, which never works very well and I go through multiple or a make up remover wipe, which tastes disguuuusting! I may actually invest in the smaller ones just to keep handy and the mirror is adorable!

Titian06

I'm with @shoegirly !  I have so many lipsticks now that sometimes it takes me a couple (or more) tries in the morning to find the right color.  I have no problem using a "spitty tissue" as @redwagon44 says (that's been my standard for years), but with my extremely dry lips, it is very hard on them--spit an all.  Ironically, I had been thinking after my last encounter with multiple lipsticks, "wouldn't it be nice to have a lipstick remover like the facial wipes."  I've never heard of the Bite, OCC, or Clinique lipstick removers.  I may get the "cute" package to see how I like them and for the mirror!  Thanks everyone!  :smileyhappy:

shoegirly

[ Edited ]

Okay, I guess I'm the only one that was very excited to see them launch this product? Lol I can't tell you the times that something like this would have come in handy for me! Sometimes I put on a certain lip (primer, liner, lipstick) and realize, after all that layering, that it just doesn't work with the rest of my face that day... or maybe, my face is the problem... ROFL and I need to take it off and start again. Just wiping it off never works for me. There is always residual mess there, esp. with reds, and it ruins all the work that I've just done. So, it's either makeup remover (which does not taste good and probably isn't too good to ingest -I know, I know, it's not going to kill me Lol) or washing the whole area with cleanser and starting again because foundation etc will need to be fixed and that is a huge pain in my backside!! So, something like this that uses all natural food-grade products AND is made to get lipstick off of where I don't want it easily?! Yay!! I think Bite hit a home run with this one!

I'm just waiting for the larger pack to come back in stock ...although, I really like the cute packaging and the little mirror with the smaller pack! Unfortunately, the larger (more economical :smileyvery-happy:) pack wins out over the cute factor for me.

michelleshops

(0) Hearts

The more I think about it, the more I want these.  I'm such a hypocrite! 

TheSocialQuota

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Considering the possibilities that OCC tar and feather has done for me, I very very much understand this product right now. Apply feathered lips earlier in the day, then do tarred lips later? SOLD.

Edit: nooooo they use Polyethylene glycol. WHY!!

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

What's wrong with polyethylene glycol?

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

I get weepy eyed anytime I use a cosmetic with it. It has an irritatant effect on direct contact with eyes, mucous membranes and skin.

redwagon44

That sucks :smileysad: Especially since it's in so many products!!

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

Yeah. I rely on the ingredients tab a lot. <3

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Clinique has had a remover for lips, lids, and lashes for awhile..sounds like you could have used this before Bite released this :smileytongue:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

thats what i use to remove my eye makeup, and whatever is left for my lips if needed

vchotia

I'm excited to give these a try. When I get new lipsticks in the mail, I immediately want to try all of them on so it would be nice to have an easy remover. Eye and face removers tend to be too oily or weird on my lips.

michelleshops

Hahahaha.  I saw those too and was equally as confused.  I won't lie, I kind of want the little mirror in the $12 set. upload_3026271749727128638.jpg

aviscardi

I think it comes off as more of a on the go type situation. Maybe you wore a red lip out and want to take it off before dinner? lol, i don't find myself in these situations much. if i want to apply a bolder lippie to dinner then i will just apply a lighter one throughout the day. cute as a gift tho

redwagon44

Lol, that lip mirror is super cute. 

misscg

I don't get it either...why would I pull out another wipe just to clean my lips if I'm taking off my makeup? Is this for on the go maybe?Crazy make out session where your lipstick is all over your face...or you're a sloppy eater? Alrighty then.....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 47 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • michelleshops
    • spoiledbrat
    • misscg
    • aviscardi
    • shoegirly
    • Titian06