Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Anyone else have an allergic reaction on their lips to Bite Beauty products? I know they have all natural ingredients, which is why I'm perplexed. I've tried two different products from them and end up with eczema-like cuts on my lips.

Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

So I'm not the only one!  I thought I was crazy because I didn't find any mention of allergic reactions in the reviews.  I gave up on the Bite Butter Cream lipstick I loved  because my lips would peel, burn  and develop red swelling all around the edges.  Almost exactly 24 hours ago I decided to give it one last try and, sure enough, my lips are burning and  are already becoming inflamed. In my case, it's not the just the mask ... Definitely the lipstick too.  Has anyone figured out the cause?

Haven't figured ANYTHING out, haha! Just glad to know I'm not the only one. I stay away from their products now. I haven't had a reaction to any other lip product before, and no other allergies that I know of.
Anonymous Insider

I get it too.  Too bad because I like the line a lot.

Arrrrgh, so bummed I can't wear Bite. The Amuse Bouche line looks incredible!!!!

No reactions on this end but It''s probably one or more of the ingredients in the lip product that's breaking you out despite being all natural, much like the way some people are allergic to strawberries or peanuts.

Yes I have experienced allergic reactions to Bite Beauty products as well and I thought I was the only one! The edges of my lips would swell whenever I used the Maple Agave lip mask. I experienced a terrible burning pain for 5 days after I tried the Movemember lipstick. It felt like my lips where burning and at points numbing that would turn into tingling like when your hand falls asleep and then it wakes up and tingles.I have tried some of their matte lip crayons- the set they released at Christmas. I don't wear them very often to be able to tell if I get an allergic reaction from them.

Right now I am experiencing a terrible eczema like reaction around the edges of my lips. Everything everyone is describing has happened to them. It's red, swollen and peels like crazy. However I have not been wearing Bite Beauty. I have been wearing Anastasia Beverly Hill's liquid lipstick in Pure Hollywood and their lip gloss. I find it's worse when I wear the liquid lipstick. The common allergen that I found was beeswax, however I am going to see if both products also contain lanolin. I know this thread is about Bite Beauty but as anyone here also experience an allergic reaction to Anastasia Beverly Hills lip products?

I am sorry to hear everyone here has had a bad reaction to Bite Beauty but it makes me feel better because every time I would go in to Sephora to tell them of my reaction, everyone would be shocked because they use all natural products. 

Marlena, of Makeup Geek, just did a video on ingredients that are in makeup/skincare that people can be allergic to.  I'm not sure if you've seen the video or not, but she listed a couple of other things too.

I have one Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick, but I haven't had an allergic reaction.  

Beeswax, interesting! Because in addiction to Bite, the only product I've ever had a severe reaction to has been Benton Snail Bee Essence. I broke out in hives from it, which I was able to narrow down to the bee portion vs the snail...

Wow, definitely stop those lipsticks for a while. I find vaseline helps me the most to heal, but I haven't tried aquaphor like many suggest. I haven't tried the Anastasia lip products, and maybe I won't now haha. Yes, I have had people at Sephora look at me very strange regarding this allergic reaction as well as breaking out from First Aid Beauty face lotions.

I also had a bad case of contact dermatitis reaction to First Aid Beauty face lotion (their night cream specifically!). I wonder what the common ingredient is that makes us have these bad reactions?

Between these, it's probably different ingredients. I can't imagine the two having the same ingredient. My reactions were very different between the two as well - Bite caused severe chapped lips/eczema while FAB caused chin acne. 😞 Good luck!

FAB caused terrible hives that looked like welts all over my face.They too started peeling. It was terrible. I went to a store after it happened and a sales lady stopped me to asked me if I am often prone to severe acne and if I wanted to try some skin care that she was selling. I hardly ever get acne. You were lucky that it just attacked your chin area. 

Wow, that's terrible! Yes, and it sounds like I am lucky with the Bite products as well having only chapped lips and no swelling/other issues. Hope you don't experience this again!!
Anonymous Insider

I have had awful allergic reactions to the Bite lipsticks! I love the color and coverage, but my lips burned, broke out I swelling, ant then peeled horribly,

Wow...such a bummer!

It does sound like you have a lanolin allergy. I also wonder about the fact that Bite uses natural food products, like strawberries, if that would affect allergies also.

Thanks makeupmad. Good thought...I do wonder that too. The idea of natural is great, however, it does have its drawbacks. Maybe "simplistic" is a better idea for these companies, instead of "natural". I love bareMinerals foundation for that reason - 5 ingredients.

You know what's funny?  Bare Minerals breaks me out horribly!  It just goes to show that there's no single solution that fits everybody.

Haha! Oh no! I have heard a few people say that unfortunately. Ugh.

Like others have mentioned, it more than likely is lanolin, especially if it's the lip mask. I used it only once and had lip swelling immediately after applying it.  Very common reaction for those who are sensitive to it. Itchy bumps, scaly rash or even blisters can happen.

Totally what it sounds like. Thank you geewhiz!
2 Replies
testing