Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Best lipstick for dark asian skin?

I'm looking for a lipstick to get a friend with skin that looks a bit like this:

She likes mauve pink lipsticks but I want to get her something crazy like red or fuschia (try something new once in a while)! Would that match that kind of skin color?  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

upload_7796787713613923334.jpg

Re: Best lipstick for dark asian skin?

Try Damned by NARS, it's a great colour and looks good on everyone 

so sweet of you!

I love reds & I'm almost the same tone, with yellow/golden undertone too. 

I love Urban Decay's BadBlood. It's a non-scary deep red for people that love mauve-pink. 🙂 

For play, Red lipsticks with a hint of coral, like NARS Jungle Red is nice on me. Or chanel's Rouge Allure Ink Libere.   

For work, I can pull off Urban Decay's 714.

IMHO, Fuschia makes me looks sallow. I've worn Urban decay Firebird and I look ill. 🙂 Might I suggest that you pick a Red/Coral over the Fuschia for her... 

I wear NARS' ginger for concealer if that helps.

@chopinsnocturne

How sweet of you! I absolutely love lipsticks! Fuschias and reds are usually my go to! I wish I could go through my collection right now, but these are the first ones that pop into my mind for that skin tone:

reds:

ysl pur lipstick in 01 

nudestix pencil in Satan/stiletto. (Satan was the old name) 

fuschia:

Urban decay firebird 

Urban decay menace (very bold pink!) 

How fun and what a thought gift! 🙂

I'd recommend Smashbox's Be Legendary Lipstick Minis, these sets include three trial sized lipsticks available in matte and cream finishes.

For the matte set, it includes Bing Matte (classic, cherry red), First Time Matte (dusky, nude spice), and Publicist Matte (bold fuschia). The colors are all vibrant and have great color-off so they show up well regardless of skin tone or the natural color of lips.

Image result for Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick Minis

If she's a fan of cream formulas that give lips a hint of sheen, try the Cream set which includes Famous (a soft, honeyed pink), Fig (a warm raisin), and Primrose (a neutral, mauve-pink).

Image result for Smashbox Be Legendary Cream Lipstick Minis

Depending on how wild you may want to go, you can even check out Urban Decay's Junkie Vice Lipstick Palette which includes a brush and a variety of lipstick wells to wear shades individually or wear them mixed together. There's plenty of soft neutrals, bolds, and more unexpected colors like lilac and green!

Image result for Urban Decay Junkie Vice Lipstick Palette

I second @jmelianne recommendation of Bawse! It's a beautiful shade. I also really like the Sephora Collection Lip Stain in Always Red or Too Faced Melted Matte's Lady Balls!

XOXO,
Marieke

Try Smashbox's Always On Liquid Lipsticks in Bawse for a red or the Sephora Collection Lip Satin in #14 (Blackberry Sorbet)! I have a similar skin tone when it's summer and I always get compliments on those shades.

I have a similar skin tone and Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in Bauhau5 is my absolute favorite!

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_7796787713613923334.jpg
testing