Candy357

Best lip stain?

I good lip stain, that doesn't dry and stays on naturally?

I have been using Benefit Benetint, it's nice but it dries up and makes my lips peel which then bleed.

Please give me your suggestions, thank you!!

amb7

Re: Best lip stain?

(0) Hearts

I like illamasqua matte lipstick applied as a stain in combination with your favorite lip balm. First exfoliate, then apply the illamasqua lipstick in light, small swipes until you get the depth you want, and then apply lip balm. Illamasqua's matte lipsticks are just basically pigment in stick form, so they give you a nice stain and mix well with whatever your favorite moisturizing balm is.

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

The vincent longo ones last forever on me..beautiful colors too !

jojobe

I have one from smashbox and it seems to do really nice. It is double ended if you want more gloss but I wear it without and it is not drying

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I'm going to put the Marc Jacobs lip vinyl to the test it's gonna have to do some major impressing before I add it to my collection. I know YSL is going to be impossible to beat.

Littlemermaid81

I've been playing the past few days with the 2 Mark Jacobs lippies that I ordered (studded kisses and kissability). They are way more sheer but also less drying than YSL glossy stains. really like the feel of them and they keep my lips moist for hours but definitely not the same colour payoff. I think they are both good but for different reasons. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

They are a gloss not a stain right? I wonder how they compare to NARS lip gloss 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Mine are 7,15 and 27 for now... hehe

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have 12 (LOVE), 15, 20 & 7. 

Littlemermaid81

(0) Hearts

I have 4,5,7,8 and 16. The first 3 are good nudes (mauvy, raspberryish and peachy) while 8 is o gorgeous orange-red (more orange and 16 is bright fushia. The last 2 I wear out with more neutral makeup and the first 3 are good for work or for a more casual look. I've read great things about 15 ( swatched in the haul thread) and its on my loves

LKuhle

Does anyone have a favorite color in the lip stains? I've been looking at trying them out as well.

Meg82

i have corail aquitique and i loooove it. and i'm planning on getting at least 2 more next week

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I def. agree with you on the corail aquitique #7! 

I think that shade would flatter anyone :smileyhappy:

Littlemermaid81

Anyone tried the new rebel nude ones yet? Colours look super cool but I'm not sure if they are too sheer and if they are the same consistency ie not sticky?

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I was curious about this myself! 

beautylovingirl

YSL, YSL , YSL!!!!!

Candy357

Huge thank you's! Now to pick a color. :smileyhappy:

Littlemermaid81

Just wait... If your like me soon you'll have 5 and be trolling swatch galleries for more! Enjoy!

Spyski

You will fall in love with the YSL stains! Just make sure you exfoliate your lips and treat with a balm the night prior to wearing any lip stain as they can be drying if your lips are chapped.

Candy357

Thank you so much to both of you! I will have to finally try it then! :smileyhappy:

melissabt

Hi Candy357,

We have so many great ones. I just tried the YSL ROUGE PUR COUTURE and I love them. All of them have a glossy finish and dry to a stain. The stain is not drying and feels comfortable on the lips. They all have great pigmentation as well.

ysl stain.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-pur-couturevernis-a-levres-glossy-stain-P304003?skuId=1480771

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • jojobe
    • melissabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • JGSFLA