garnett

ATTENTION RED LIP LOVERS: I HAVE FOUND A SHOWSTOPPER!!

[ Edited ]

I was just window shopping last week, browsing all the NEW stuff on Sephora when I happened to stumble upon the Marc Jacobs I Lovemarc Collection which is a big set of his lipsticks for a mere $350.  Not even I, who has a serious lipstick addiction, am considering such a purchase.  Well ok I thought about it but ... :smileyhappy:   Anyway, while I was drooling I noticed that one of the lipsticks is in a red case instead of black. It is called Showstopper and it says that Marc considers this to be the perfect red.  Hmmm, a HG red?  Be still my foolish heart.  I checked to see if it was available as a solo and YES it is so I ordered it. When I opened up the box I was actually a little nervous.  What I don't like it?  I wanted to love it.  I wanted the angels to sing and a light from heaven to beam down on this beautiful red lipstick case.  OK get a grip I told myself.  It's a lipstick for crying out loud.  I opened  the box, I opened the case, and turned out the red bullet.  Hmmm, what shade of red is this?  I stared at it for a minute and then decided to just try it on.  Once it's on the lips you will figure it out, I told myself.  This is my first MJ lipstick and I was very impressed with the application.  Nice and creamy, glides right on.  Not matte but not shiny.  It's a creamy satin finish.  Oh yeah, the color. Well, to be honest I will have to say that it is INCREDIBLE!  It's not bright, but not muted.  It is a rich shade that is not dark.  It is the perfect blend of cool and warm.  On me with my light, slightly cool complexion it is a cross between fire engine and sanguine (blood) red. A classy red.  A movie star red.  A red you could wear to the office and look professional or on a special evening and look spectacular.  I would swatch it for you but the photos are not doing it justice.  Probably the florescent lighting here.  It is available online and if it's not in your local Sephora it should be very soon.  It's the one in the red case.  Check it out!!  :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

Re: ATTENTION RED LIP LOVERS: I HAVE FOUND A SHOWSTOPPER!!

(0) Hearts

Garnett, you little enabler, i went ahead and ordered it - if it blows i will return it - i doubt that will happen i love every MJ product i have purchased so far

ShinyMagpie

OMG you need to write all the descriptions. Adding it to 'loves' for later. :smileyhappy:

P.S. I'm with lilyy -- swatch, swatch, swatch!!!

Rufflesandbows

I'm afraid of red lipstick, but your description made me put it on my wish list for November!

melde

Aaaaaaand after your description this is hopping into my cart.

Red lipstick is my kryptonite. :smileysad:

garnett

I used to feel the same way about red lipstick.  I thought I couldn't pull it off.  Every time I saw red lipstick on other people I loved it.  I thought it looked great on everyone from the fairest of the fair to women of deep, rich color.  So what made me the exception.  The I realized- It was ME!  I was too critical.  I was too insecure. When I put on red lipstick all I would do is stare at my lips.  I didn't look at all of me as a whole.  I just saw two red lips. LOL  Sad but true.  You have to find a shade that suits you and play with it.  Try different makeup applications with it.  Make sure you line your lips.  it keeps from bleeding and it just makes it look neater.  Give yourself a couple of days, even if you only start by wearing it around the house.  You have to let you eyes get used to seeing you with it on.  It's like wearing bright or dark nail polish when you are used to light or neutral colors.  At first your nails keep grabbing your attention because you eyes are not used to seeing that color.  It's worth a little work because red lips are just FABULOUS!  Red is classic.  It's classy.  It can be vampy.  It can be sooo sexy.  It is a power color.  It's up to you.  If you love the look you can definitely make it your own. 

beautylovingirl

I wondered about those last night. Thanks for sharing!

veronika23

(0) Hearts

kalex

[ Edited ]

upload_2196916308490867632.jpg

Thanks for your review!

lilyyy

And the crowd starts chanting "Swatch! Swatch! Swatch!"

garnett

When I get home I will do it. I have much better lighting.  It's coming out too rusty looking in this awful light.  You will all run screaming.  LOL

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • anaa
    • spoiledbrat
    • jojobe
    • lilyyy
    • veronika23