Answer
laxchick14
Accepted Solution
simple ways to keep lip products long lasting?

i know about lip primer but i'm not sure if i want to spend money on that because i'm thinking of putting my money towards other makeup. i don't have a lot of time to do something complex so i'm just wondering if there is anything simple & convenient to use? or a good lip primer reasonably priced? (for lipstick & lip gloss) thanks :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
allegrissima
Answered

When I do my makeup, I also apply foundation to my lips and setting powder as well.  Then I use a brush to apply my lipstick, blot with either a tissue or blotting paper, then apply a second coat of lipstick with a brush.  voila!   It does not move. 

OR 

You can also use a lip pencil, line the outline of the lips and fill in the lips with the pencil, then apply the lipstick with a brush over it.  This should also help the lipstick stay put much longer. 

Best of luck  :smileyhappy: 

Answers: 3
tenngal
Answered

Lip Gloss

To make your gloss last longer, apply chapstick and let it sit on your lips for a few minutes and then wipe off with a wet washcloth and let your lips dry.  Once dry, apply another coat of chapstick and apply your gloss directly overtop of it.  Your gloss will stay on much longer this way.

Lipstick
I am not a big fan of any lip primer. What I do is I apply a thin layer of my liquid foundation on my lips and let it dry.  I apply a thin layer of setting powder over my lips next and then I apply my lipstick.  I blot my lipstick and hold a tissue up to my lips and apply another coat of setting powder through the tissue onto my lipstick and then apply a second coat of lipstick.  It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not.  And once you see how great it works at keeping your lipstick in place I think you'll see that it's worth it.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

c2peace
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have found that applying Chapstick or some kind of lip balm before putting on lip gloss or lipstick helps it to last a lot longer. And it's no where near as expensive. Hope this helps you!

-C

alphafashion
Answered
(0) Hearts

To keep lip products more long lasting, I would reccomend using a lip stain. They last much longer, and you cant smear them off. Tarte has a great one that doubles a cheek stain but there are tons of drugstore lipstains from companies like Maybelline, Revlon, or L'Oreal. M.a.c has a cheap lip primer or balm thats probably around $16.  

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • allegrissima
    • laxchick14
    • alphafashion
    • c2peace