Answer
Hil28
natural lip color
(0) Hearts

Looking for a natural lip color that adds a flush of color (like if you were to pinch your lips:smileyhappy:.  Any suggestions? Don't know where to begin there are so many options..

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
beautytester
Answered

Do you prefer jar/pot form like Benefit/Korres or do you prefer stick form like Fresh Sugar?

Do you have a price range? sheer lip color/balm from YSL/Dior are excellent but they are usually >$30.

Are there any ingredients you want to avoid (parabens)?

How much moisture vs. color do you need/want? Fresh Sugar is the most moisturizing lip color, while others are ok.

Think about those and use the filters on the left side, that should reduce the number of product down to a reasonable amount, then you can read product reviews.

Also, even for the most vivid lip color, they are wearable/sheer/natural if I dab them on gently using my finger, smoosh both lips together, then press a napkin over it.

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Dior addict lipstick in Urban is a beautiful sheer pink. Hope this helps!

jinxski
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Sugar Honey Tinted by Fresh is a really natural shade, I love using that one when I don't have the time for anything more dramatic.

I've been using the Chubby Sticks by Clinique but those really depend on the shade of your lips. I use Fuller Fig and that one looks natural on me, but it's definitely much darker on some of my friends.

It just depends on your natural lip color and how much pigment you really want.

There are many more to choose from, these are just my personal favorites. Don't be afraid to try certain colors even if they look super pigmented in the package, sometimes they look pretty neutral too!

Good luck!

chewcifer
Answered
(0) Hearts

i think i'm going to go with nars gipsy! i tested it at a counter and i loved it! wished i had bought it then.

bonnie61
Answered
(0) Hearts

I use a little darker lipliner and then use a nudish lipcolor to enchance the lipcolor so I don't look so blah.

tclack
Answered
(0) Hearts

Korres lip butter is my go to & have seen several vlogs promoting it :smileyhappy:

denden798
Answered
(0) Hearts

I like using lipstick that has a more neutral/brownish undertone that is sparkly or very shiny so it doesn't look old. My favorite is Cliniques lipstick in sugared maple. its like the only one sephora doesn't carry :smileysad: but cliniques website has it

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

To find a shade of a lip product that looks natural and almost mimics your natural color, pucker your lips and match a shade to your inner lips. This will give the most realistic tone to stick with. Lorac and Laura Mercier make great natural toned lipsticks that have great formulations so they don't feel dry or wear off quickly. For something more sheer and allows your natural color to come through a bit, try Benefit's Benetint lip balm. It's a universally flatterying balm with SPF and has a bright, cherry rose tint that comes out to a very sheer wash of color on the lips that gives great shine and a "just bitten" look. I love wearing it alone and even topping off natural lipstick colors with it. Tarte's lip stains have some sheer/glossy shades and shimmers that you can look to as well!

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 9 in conversation
    • chewcifer
    • tclack
    • bonnie61
    • denden798
    • lylysa
    • beautytester
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski