Answer
aleshchins
brightest blue-based red lipstick

i am extremely pale with rosy cheeks, and pink/cool undertones. i've tried all kinds of red lipsticks, and am currently looking for the absolute brightest blue-based satin or matte red on the market. any suggestions? i've worn many reds, and find that shades like nars's red lizard, while flattering in undertone, are too dark and make my lips look smaller than they are, and that colors like mufe's moulin rouge are nice and bright but a little too orange for my skintone. i don't want to use a gloss to make my lips look bigger (it doesn't look good on me), so please help me find that perfect superbright cool red (but not too cool, i don't want magenta lips). i was even considering mac's ruby woo, but it seems to be a bit too dark for me (yes, i am THAT PALE lol). thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered

NARS Cruella is very bright and very cool-toned, but not dark.

If you're not used to seeing yourself in red, it can appear dark and too bright. A good starter red is MAC Lady Bug (more neutral than cool) or NARS Gipsy (its description is "warm berry" but I don't think it's warm at all -- I find it more neutral / cool than anything).

:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • whigrose
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • sportygirly
    • projulie