Answer
aleshchins
brightest blue-based red lipstick

i am extremely pale with rosy cheeks, and pink/cool undertones. i've tried all kinds of red lipsticks, and am currently looking for the absolute brightest blue-based satin or matte red on the market. any suggestions? i've worn many reds, and find that shades like nars's red lizard, while flattering in undertone, are too dark and make my lips look smaller than they are, and that colors like mufe's moulin rouge are nice and bright but a little too orange for my skintone. i don't want to use a gloss to make my lips look bigger (it doesn't look good on me), so please help me find that perfect superbright cool red (but not too cool, i don't want magenta lips). i was even considering mac's ruby woo, but it seems to be a bit too dark for me (yes, i am THAT PALE lol). thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Aleshchins, 

I would recommend you maybe try a sheer red color or a lipgloss instead. I have Ruby Woo and love it but it has a definite more intense and orange-based color that is darker on my light skin.

Try Lancome Color Design Red Stiletto which is a cream red lipstick with a BRIGHT blue undertone. I would apply it with a lip brush and then blot so you have the pretty blue toned red but without being too intense or harsh.

Try also a blue based lipgloss that you can apply on top of a lip color of your choice to increase the pretty blue tone:

Charlotte Ronson Perfect Kiss Gloss in "Annabelle"

Charlotte Ronson - A Perfect Kiss Lip Gloss

Benefit California Kissin' Lip Shine

California Kissin' Lip Shine

Dior Addict Extreme Fireworks 756 

Bite Beauty Lip Balm Carmine 

Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss Red Jelly 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
whigrose
(0) Hearts
Diana--How does Dior Addict Extreme in Fireworks rank with you out of your list? I just ordered 2 new lipsticks from this line tonight--Avenue and Papparazi. Even Papparazi is a bit adventurous for me as I have tended to stick with pinks as of late, but I guess I am inching my way towards red. Since red lipsticks scare me, and I think I am a lot like the original poster (fair, mild rosacea, cool pink undertones), I was wondering if Dior would be the best place to start? I already love the line--it is my favorite actually--with Tarte's lipsurgence probably being a close second. Thanks!
onomotopoeia9
(0) Hearts
Love the charlotte ronson! great suggestion, diana! thanks!
Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • whigrose
    • aviscardi
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • sportygirly
    • projulie
    • prohelen