Answer
aleshchins
brightest blue-based red lipstick

i am extremely pale with rosy cheeks, and pink/cool undertones. i've tried all kinds of red lipsticks, and am currently looking for the absolute brightest blue-based satin or matte red on the market. any suggestions? i've worn many reds, and find that shades like nars's red lizard, while flattering in undertone, are too dark and make my lips look smaller than they are, and that colors like mufe's moulin rouge are nice and bright but a little too orange for my skintone. i don't want to use a gloss to make my lips look bigger (it doesn't look good on me), so please help me find that perfect superbright cool red (but not too cool, i don't want magenta lips). i was even considering mac's ruby woo, but it seems to be a bit too dark for me (yes, i am THAT PALE lol). thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
katie1724
Answered

NARS Cruella is very bright and very cool-toned, but not dark.

If you're not used to seeing yourself in red, it can appear dark and too bright. A good starter red is MAC Lady Bug (more neutral than cool) or NARS Gipsy (its description is "warm berry" but I don't think it's warm at all -- I find it more neutral / cool than anything).

:smileyhappy:

sportygirly
Answered

I say try to go to the MAC counter and swatch Russian Red, Ruby Woo, or Red.  They are all blue based red.  I have MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red

projulie
Answered

Hi,

Sephora Collection 04 The Red

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Rouge Cream Lipstickhttp://www.sephora.com/rouge-cream-lipstick-P249814

Tarte- Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour wear lipstick

Tarte - Glamazon™ Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstickhttp://www.sephora.com/glamazon-pure-performance-12-hour-lipstick-P375344

Tarte - Glamazon™ Pure Performance 12-Hour LipstickWild Red

Bite Beauty- Luminous Creme Lipstick

Bite Beauty - Luminous Crème Lipstickhttp://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-P283903

Hope this gives you a great start.

prohelen
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi there aleshchins,

I agree with Julie on the No. 4 The Red by Sephora Collection. You might also want to try the Illamasqua color Maneater.

Illamasqua - Lipstick

The new color 'Beso' by Stila in their Stay All Day lipcolors is bright and true red.

Stila - Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick

Hope you find the perfect shade, I love red lips with fair skin--so chic!

babybear04
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have a similar skin tone and prefer blue-based red lipsticks as well.  I've been happy with the Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Pomegranate.  Color pay-off is excellent, and the color is just heavenly!

http://www.sephora.com/luminous-creme-lipstick-P283903

Hope this helps and best of luck!

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Aleshchins, 

I would recommend you maybe try a sheer red color or a lipgloss instead. I have Ruby Woo and love it but it has a definite more intense and orange-based color that is darker on my light skin.

Try Lancome Color Design Red Stiletto which is a cream red lipstick with a BRIGHT blue undertone. I would apply it with a lip brush and then blot so you have the pretty blue toned red but without being too intense or harsh.

Try also a blue based lipgloss that you can apply on top of a lip color of your choice to increase the pretty blue tone:

Charlotte Ronson Perfect Kiss Gloss in "Annabelle"

Charlotte Ronson - A Perfect Kiss Lip Gloss

Benefit California Kissin' Lip Shine

California Kissin' Lip Shine

Dior Addict Extreme Fireworks 756 

Bite Beauty Lip Balm Carmine 

Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss Red Jelly 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Aleshchins,