Answer
liljess
Which is the best lip primer that works to prevent feathering?

HI, I recently purchased MACs lip primer which is supposed to keep the lipstick from feathering and make it stay on longer. I have heard that you should let it dry. I have done all that and still it feathers and wont stay on. I heard of Guerlain's Kiss Kiss, but for the money I want to make sure it really works. Which do you love and cannot live without? That works to keep your lipstick and gloss on while preventing feathering?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
dianabt
Answered

Hi liljess!

I actually LOVE the Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion which helps my lipstick stay put all day and keeps it from bleeding and feathering outside the lip line. It can minimize the color of your lipstick a bit which is great if you have a very dark , intense or highly pigmented lip shade. It's smooth finish keeps my matte colors from appearing too dry as well. 

Lip Primer Potion

You can also try the Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector which is amazing to line on the outside of the lips to prevent feathering of colors, or the Too Faced Borderline Anti Feathering Lip Pencil too. :smileyhappy:

Lip Line Perfector Borderline Smoothing, Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil

I hope my tips help! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
rosemart
Answered
Hi liljess, I have used almost every lip primer on the market and had limited success with them. I find an anti feathering lip liner (I like the colorless reverse lip liners) and a light application of foundation to be as effective in most cases. I prefer to use lip stain as a base because then when your lipstick wears off, you will still have some color underneath.
progilbert
Answered

Hi liljess,

When it comes to lip primers you mentioned one of the best

Guerlain's Kiss Kiss, as far as quality and actually doing what it's supposed to do this is definitely the best.

As a professional makeup artist I not only use this but count on it each and every time.

It really does keep lipstick on and prevents it from feathering.

You mentioned the price but you are paying for the quality of the product, if you put together the amount of your first purchase and your second you will end up with the amount that Guerlain is.

Your best bet is quality over price.

I would recommend that you go in and try it on and wear it around for a few hours to see if ultimately the product is for you.

:smileyhappy:

Gilbert

Sephora PRO

keelybt
Answered

Hi Liljess.  I love using my Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer to help keep the color on and in place.  It works really well without drying out your lips.  I am a "lipstick eater" (meaning I have a bad habit of rubbing my lips together throughout the day) and it keeps it on at least twice as long as without.  When I feel I need some extra protection (whenever I wear dark or bright colors) I use Too Faced Borderline Smoothing, Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil and it does NOT budge. It has a slightly waxy consistency (though you don't feel when it's on) that provides a barrier around your lips. 

Lip Insurance Lip PrimerBorderline Smoothing, Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil

melissabt
Answered

Hi Liljess,

I really like the Too Faced Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer.

You can wear it under any lip product and it instantly makes it stay longer and prevents any feather. It goes on clear so it does not interfere with the lip color that you are using.

Lip Insurance Lip Primer

<3 Melissa
chewcifer
Answered

hi!

what i do is exfoliate my lips first, i'm really liking philosophy kiss me, and then i put on a lip balm. right now i'm using burt's bees, then i wait for it to be absorbed (about 5 minutes). when my lips are all ready for product, i use cargo reverse lip liner and cover my lips. then i apply lip color. the liner may make the lip color look lighter, but sometimes that's a good thing! hope this helps!

TALNYC
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really love the Mac Lip primer.  I locks on my Lip stains and lip sticks.  You have to let the primer set, so when you apply the MAC primer, both on your lip and a little outside your lip line, you then wait 20 sec or so until your lips become tacky and then apply your lip stick or stain.

The MAC store on Col. Ave. in NYC is completly sold out of this stuff, that is how good it is.

Enjoy.

jenjo54
Answered
(0) Hearts

I haven't had too much luck with the Too Faced Lip Primer-   it doesn't seem to keep lipstick on any longer.   I also got the Too Faced nude liner, but it looks orange on my lips.    Just got UD Ozone clear liner so hopefully that will help keeep it in place.

bennettdeirdre
Answered
(0) Hearts

I recently bought the Guerlain Kiss Kiss. It's a great product.

More info: http://best-gear.org/guerlain-kiss-kiss-liplift-oz-0-11/

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 16 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • chewcifer
    • rosemart
    • progilbert
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • jenjo54