Answer
ItsVanee
What helps with chaped lips?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 17
mlmac
Answered

If my lips are really chapped I'll make a gentle scrub with honey and turbinado sugar.  Then apply coconut oil.  Josie Maran's infinity cream also goes on any place of mine that's dry/chapped

lilahtov
Answered
[ Edited ]

WATER, water, water. Cannot stress that one enough!

And uh, Dior Crème de Rose is a lifesaver. It smells amazing and lives up to the hype of its claims.

ALSO, I tend to stay away from Vaseline these days, or any other products (usually drugstore, i.e. Nivea lip balms) that contain petrolatum. They just sit on your lips. That can be a feature you want, but not when you want to ABSORB all of a product's benefits!

MarissaPasick
Answered

Fresh's Sugar Lip treatments are the absolute best!

If you want some color

http://www.sephora.com/sugar-lip-treatment-spf-15-P57002?skuId=1448372

or if they are very dry use

http://www.sephora.com/sugar-advanced-therapy-lip-treatment-P302103?skuId=1378215

instagram @marissapasick

camiah
Answered

I second the recommendation for the Rosebud Lip Salve. It makes my lips feel so much better. 

dannyc
Answered

I really wish Sephora carried Nuxe, because their Reve de Miel balm is amazing! 

I'm also a big fan of Jack Black, Anthony Logistics & Dior Lip Glow.

& Don't forget to exfoliate your lips with a sugar scrub. 

prettyinpa
Answered

Be sure not to lick your lips, use an unflavored balm if you find yourself doing this. Licking causes the moisture in your lips to dry out, causing further chapping. If you are out in the wind which makes you want to lick your lips, use a scarf.

I like Fresh sugar lip balms, and Blistex Moisture balm if you want to save money and go the drugstore route.

nekoally
Answered
(0) Hearts

My first line of defence is always prevention - try drink water, avoid licking, and use lip balm all year round.

Blistex Lip medex (the one that comes in little blue jars) works wonders for chapped lips, so does vaseline, carmex and 8 hour by elizabeth arden. I find that lip balms that come in little pot or tube forms are more moisturizing than stick forms (less wax I presume). My advice is to apply a thick layer of lip balm at night, and apply often during the day. Meanwhile, avoid lipsticks altogether - personally I find the wax in lipsticks will complicate things, and use lip gloss if they don't dry out your lips. For myself I prefer the Stila lip glaze - extremely sticky, but it does form a protective layer on the lips.

zapco
Answered
(0) Hearts

Pure vitamin E oil. You can find it at any health food store. You can apply it many times over and not worry about swallowing any chemicals.

swanbeauty
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm gonna third (or is it fourth) the Fresh Sugars... and, when things get real rough (after snow days etc...), their scrub is amazing.

But, as other posters said, nothing will work better than increasing water intake.  I'm off to fill my glass again...

ProperIntro
Answered
(0) Hearts

Buddha Balm lip balm, they have 6 different flavors available and you can only purchase them in packs of 4 under $13 with free shipping in different flavors or specific ones.  I recommend this brand because I can't remember having chapped lips after using them.  These balms are flavored but they aren't to waxy like Burt Bee's.

Remember to drink water and apply lip balm regularly 

upload_364680414346131606.jpg

http://www.buddhabrand.com/

lovebaking123
Answered
(0) Hearts

blistex medicated lip balm always works for me 

beautywithin27
Answered
(0) Hearts

Both Vaseline and sugar fresh are excellent products. They also have some nice tinted shades to choose from. 

jennypenny1995
Answered
(0) Hearts

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning balm (silver/gray) cap.   The.  Best.  Ever.

beautywithin27
Answered
(0) Hearts

Sugar fresh and Vaseline. both have some nice tinted shades to choose from too.

Titian06
Answered
(0) Hearts

Vaseline.

lovelykatya
Answered
(0) Hearts

I noticed my lips feel super chapped and uncomfortable when I do not drink enough water (because I am too busy at work to get a drink of H2O) or when I do not apply lip balm (because I left it home).

So to fix it so speaking I make sure I drink enough water/tea to stay hydrated - which is not only good for your lips but for your whole body and carry a cute little lip balm with you (cute or good smelling things we tend to like more often and do not forget to apply them :smileywink: )

My recommendation besides drinking water, and not licking your lips is to get a good lip balm and may be sugar lip scrub to get rid of some dry skin; here are some of my suggestions:

Carmex (is my lip saver when I have an emergency so speaking, sometimes I even use it in combination with another lip balm)

Vaseline  (Shea butter or rose scented)

upload_5767980050028280142.jpg

upload_3476403597220505074.jpg

upload_3003067004867304471.jpg

BeautyLove02
Answered
(0) Hearts

milmac gave good advice. Also, Fresh makes really great lip scrubs and their lip treatments have saved me already a few times this year. They last so much longer on the lips than Chapstick or Carmex. Highly recommend for you :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 17 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • dannyc
    • lovelykatya
    • lilyyy
    • jennypenny1995
    • swanbeauty
    • beautywithin27
    • nekoally