Answer
brennn
Suggestions for a clear lip liner?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a clear lip liner? I love bright/ bold lipstick & want a clear liner so it won't change the color & so I don't have to worry about finding a close match for the more vibrant colors. I found one from Maybelline but I feel like it is too waxy/hard and doesn't help lipstick last any longer. Any ideas? Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
lovelykatya
Answered

swfupload_4216388107437755018.jpgI have been using the one by Urban decay - Ozone, and i have to say its amazing... and the best part its just one clear liner and i do not have to buy bunch of colored liners. I used it with both nude and really bright lip colors, and i have not seen any fethering, or fading.

I was not able to find it on the website, but i have found it at my local sephora.

keelybt
Answered

Hi Brenn My two favorites are Too Faced

Borderline Smoothing, Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil and Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector. They both glide on smoothly and keep your color perfectly in place.

swfupload_686144522620986925.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/borderline-smoothing-anti-feathering-lip-pencil-P265415?skuId=1242536

swfupload_6898170937498949589.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lip-line-perfector-P292402?skuId=1354083

lylysa
Answered

Urban Decay has one as well called Ozone, but it appears it's no longer on the Sephora website! :smileysad:

It's still on UD's page, or you might call to see if it's in select stores.

rawrxjasmine
Answered

The one I'm using at the moment is Elf Lip Lock Pencil.

lip lock.jpg

It works pretty well, but the packaging is not great.

helpful
Answered

I get mine from Paula's Choice- super affordable and work really well. 

krunce
Answered

I also use Make Up Forever and I love it. It keeps my lips defined!

But they won't actually keep your lipstick on longer, especially since application instructions are for just outside the lip. I'd look into lip primers, and other techniques for lipstick application (the lipbrush-powder-blotting technique, for example?)

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also use the MUFE clear lip liner and luvzzz it.

starletta8
Answered
(0) Hearts

Wow... you learn something every day!  After thousands of dollars in makeup and decades of playing with (what I thought was) every product under the sun- this is the first I've heard of clear lip liner.

Major kudos to all of you for showing me something new!

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 18 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • lovelykatya
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • brennn
    • starletta8
    • helpful
    • rawrxjasmine