Answer
nzh9
Smashbox Be Legendary in Mandarin on Medium skin?

Would this electric coral clash with a medium skin tone? 

I'm loving the orange trend right now but I definitely don't think I could pull off an upfront orange color. This would be a nice compromise but I'm still now sure if it would work. Has anyone with medium skin purchased and loved this?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
nightknight
Answered

This shade is beautiful! I saw it in store earlier today and tried it on. I, myself, have medium skin. I don't think the color swatch here is quite as accurate as it really is. I would say the color leans more towards an orange with plenty of red undertones. It's certainly a gorgeous shade, if I do say so myself. I haven't bought it yet, but it does look lovely on me. I asked a question similar to this the other night. I heard that Sephora + Pantone Universe lipstick is a flattering orange for most skintones.

nzh9
(0) Hearts
I was googling swatches of it last night and loved the color even more, though the ones I saw were still tried out on lighter skinned people. There isn't a store close to me for me to try it on so it's reassuring that another medium-skinned lady had a positive reaction to trying it on. Thanks for the reply!
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • nzh9
    • nightknight