Answer
daniim
Pink lipstick recommendations/pink OCC Lip Tars?
(0) Hearts

I want to try pink lipstick but can't find one I like or that I feel would look good. I really don't care for hot pink lipsticks so more natural or lighter pinks would be better suggestions. I'm very fair with cool undertones, so fair to the point that I will burn in the sun. No tanning, just burning! I like(d) YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ in Lingerie Pink #7 but the dupes I got didn't look so great. Any one have a suggestion for not-crazy-pinks? Especially OCC Lip Tar shades. I like Digitalis, Ophelia and Hush but I'm super worried they won't look good (especially Ophelia). Help is great. Thanks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lylysa
Answered

Arielaaaaaaaa recently posted a thread with various pink lipsticks that you might find helpful just to get a reference on swatches!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Lipstick-Swatches/td-p/486793

A dupe/similar product for the YSL Lingerie Pink would be Smashbox's lipstick in Pout (also available in gloss).

Google swatches of the OCC shades and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone with a similar complexion/skin tone as you so you get the best gauge!

daniim
(0) Hearts
I've looked for OCC swatches but it's difficult to find someone with a skin tone that matches mine and who don't have bad lighting or it's too bright (leads to distortion in color). I also need to know undertones in reviews since it tells me better whether I'll actually like or not. I already have a dupe for YSL and it looks awful on me. I don't need more dupes of something that really looked awful lol. Arielaaaaaaaa has great swatches but I don't like the colors plus I have enough red.
lylysa
(0) Hearts
I figured because you said you liked the YSL color and a dupe you already have didn't look good you could search other dupes, more swatches from pinks have been posted up since when I first linked the thread to you.

You might consider grabbing either one of the Lip Tar sets so you can mix and blend colors together and have a good range of neutrals and pinks to work with too! :smileyhappy:
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • daniim
    • lylysa
Photos6
  • swfupload_6372533760727916364.jpg
  • swfupload_5490197048224439360.jpg
  • swfupload_7142058371498520740.jpg