Answer
ChicDabbler
Painful pimple on lips, how do you deal with that?

Ok, so there's acne treatment and various things to treat pimple on the face. If it's drying or harsh, no big deal. But I've got a tiny red bump on the lip that hurts every time I touch it and it's a problem when I eat. Moreover, I JUST manage to recover my lips from it's previous dry/itchy/flaky condition, so.......

Have you ever gotten pimples on your lips? how do you deal with that?

Thanks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
projill
Answered

Is it on your lipline, like on the edge of your lips?  Or is it actually on your lip?

I have had painful ones on the edge of my lipline and they do hurt.  I find when I try to mess with them or extract them it just results in a bigger issue and a scab that lasts a week or so.  My suggestion is to leave it alone.

If it is on your lip, you may want to have a doctor check it out to make sure it isn't some sort of infection or something that needs medicine to make it go away.  Again I wouldn't mess with it or touch it at all.

Good luck,

Jill

dianabt
Answered

Hi BeautyTester, 

I agree with Jill. I've had these before and usually its from using a moisturizer or a too creamy lip liner that my skin may not be used to. That is not always the case but sometimes. Definitely don't touch or try to get rid of it, that can leave a mark or make it even more painful. Sometimes using a hot washcloth can help dull any redness or pain, I've used that as a quick treatment. In the meantime try to not put any lipgloss or sticks on it as these may exacerbate your lips more.  If it's still painful and not gone in a week please check with your doctor or dermatologist just to make sure it isn't something worse. Hope this helps you a bit too :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa
Answered

Oh, how awful, and right after you got the flakiness settled down!  When I get lip pimples that hurt and make it hard to eat I get some dental numbing liquid (it's in the dental section or sometimes the baby section, it works for teething also). I dot on just a tiny amount and it makes the spot go numb so you can at least eat in peace. Lasts for awhile too, sometimes lip pimples hurt enough to make it hard to fall asleep and this product will let you sleep soundly. 

These blemishes usually occur for me when I try new lip products, so now that you have the dry lips under control, maybe a less rich (emollient) lip product won't clog your pores. 

Good luck, I hope it clears up right away!

janinebt
Answered
[ Edited ]

Ouch!

I find that using a gentle lip product, like Smith's Rosebud Lip Salve, to be very helpful in soothing painful blemishes on or around the lips. It's so hard to resist extracting them like Jill said...but try your best not to. Warm compresses like Diana suggested will also aid in reducing swelling.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sexyangel
Answered

Pimple in corner of lips is a very common problem and everyone wants to know about it. The causes of pimples or acne on chin are mostly same as pimples on other parts. The main causes of pimple are hormonal problem, excess of release of acids, imbalanced diet and not looking after the skin properly. All these reasons club up to become causes of pimples. there are many ways to cure pimples. One more cause of pimple around lips could be the use of toothpaste including fluoride. If you are using one and suffering from this problem then switch over to some other toothpaste without fluoride

Sadzzxx
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've got one on the edge of my lips and it is red but in the middle theres a little bit white I have popiped it but still hasn't gone down so it's best to ask a doctor for some medicine I'm just tooo scared that it might turn into a mole I'm only 14 I can barely show my face to my fam let alone other people if it does not go down I'm not going school I don't care 

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

It could very well be a clogged pore along the lipline (I get these, but they are generally not painful). However, I would see a doctor or medical professional to be sure it isn't a cold sore. If it is a cold sore, you will want to be careful about what you put on it.

punctuationgeek
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you tried Mario Badescu products? Temptalia has a breakdown of the different products for getting rid of pimples. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is great, though really drying. It's the only thing that gets rid of my pimples quickly. If that's too harsh, Skyn Iceland makes (I think they still make it at least) a blemish gel. It's not as effective, but not as drying either. Ever since I went on vacation and got a massive zit between my eyebrows, I don't travel without bringing one of those products with me.

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 24 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • projill
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler
    • shellychew
    • sexyangel