Answer
marzipan
Nude Lip for Pale Skin

I have extremely pale skin but want to acheive a nude lip. I have seen videos that say to use a bit of foundation but every type of foundation I've tried just makes my lips look dry, cracked, and gross. Are there any lipsticks out there or other techniques that will give a nude lip to a pale girl?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
madd44
Answered

I too have pale skin, and I've had a lot of success achieving a nude lip with the following lipsticks:

NARS: Barbarella (sheer peach), Belle de Jour (sheer nude beige), Cruising (nude pink), and Napoli (sheer pinkish beige).

Urban Decay: Jailbait (nude/sheer cream), and Naked (pink nude/full coverage cream).

Kat Von D: Celebutard (nude peach beige), and Lovecraft (berry beige).

Make Up Forever:  2 (matte orange pink), and 18 (pearly beige)

-they have a really helpful Lipstick Finder, that will find your perfect pinks, reds, and nudes, based on your skin tone and hair colour.  You might want to take a look at it: 

http://sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=MAKE%20UP%20FOR%20EVER&contentId=C23481

Before I apply lipstick, I apply Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (it's like a lip balm, but better!), and a minute or so later, I apply my lipstick.  I find that this extra step keeps my lips super moisturized (they don't crack or peel at all), and it looks better than just applying lipstick by itself.

Good luck, and I hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • corrin99
    • madd44
    • marzipan