Answer
sjaeb
Nars lipstick?
[ Edited ]

Hello, everyone! I need some help identifying a lipstick. I got a (free, unasked-for) sample in a Sephora in JC Penney about three weeks ago, and I ended up loving it. Unfortunately, the name was written in dry erase marker, not permanent, and it rubbed off by the time I got it out of my purse, so I do not remember what it was called. I believe it started with a hard letter, like a T or P or V or R, not any S or vowels. I don't know how much help that is!

I think the saleslady told me it was Nars, and I have a semi-matte nude from them which feels pretty much identical, so I'm relatively sure it is a Nars lipstick.

Starting from there, it's brown, sort of chocolatey - I've never had a brown lipstick before, so I can't give any comparisons, but it's not shimmery or sparkly or reflective or metallic. I'm leaning towards thinking it's a semi-matte or matte, like my other Nars lipstick, but I've never used Nars sheer formula (since if I want sheer, I grab gloss) so I can't rule that out. It seems to have a sort of red/pink undertone, where if you put it on very lightly, it looks less brown and more nude.

Any help? I've looked at the Nars colors online, of course, but none of the color blocks look at all like it, and I can't compare the lipstick-tube pictures, because I only got a slice of the actual color and it was a much smaller amount, so it's hard to compare. Add in the fact that colors online are never 100% true-to-life, and I figured I'd better ask.

I'm looking to order online, but I can go to a store in about two weeks, too. If I brought in what remained of the sample, would any associate be able to help me find it? Or would I be better off hunting down online swatches of the Nars line and seeing if I can identify it from there?

EDIT:

Okay, so here are some pictures. Applied with a brush over UD clear lip liner.

This is Nars Dolce Vita on me, one coat:

IMG_0377.JPG

My unknown shade, one coat:

IMG_0380.JPG

Dolce Vita, two coats (it gets pinker on me the more I put on): IMG_0376.JPG

And the unknown, two coats (gets browner):

IMG_0381.JPG

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

It looks to be Pigalle to me, I've checked out images of the shade online from bloggers and it appears to have the same finish and tone.

sjaeb
Awesome. Thank you so much for your help! I'm probably going to go ahead and order that one. At least I should like it even if it's not the same shade!
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lylysa
    • sjaeb
Photos4
  • IMG_0377.JPG
  • IMG_0380.JPG
  • IMG_0376.JPG
  • IMG_0381.JPG