Accepted Solution
NARS Shanghai Express Lipstick
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've had my eye on NARS Shanghai Express lipstick for ages, but I haven't seen it in real life (and won't be able to for a while.) My question is whether or not it's entirely matte, because the description says semi-matte and I've seen a slight sheen in photographs that I think is quite gorgeous. However, many reviewers on makeupalley say that it's entirely matte with no sheen whatsoever. I love the velvety look of a matte red lipstick, but I'm quite happy with my Revlon Matte 006 Really Red and I'm doubtful of whether I need to splurge $24 on another matte red when I've got one that makes me happy!

Also, some reviewers said that they've found NARS lipsticks to go bad within a year. Has anyone else found this to be true?

I've got my eye on MAC's Chili, the only orange-based red MAC has to offer, and it's $14. If Shanghai Express is indeed entirely matte, is Chili a better deal?

Thanks everyone!

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you tried Mac's So Chaud? I think it's the best orange red, more orange than Chili. It is also Matte. Also, there is a great one by Smashbox, more moisturizing/non matte. Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation