Answer
91desertrose
Accepted Solution
NARS Shanghai Express Lipstick
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've had my eye on NARS Shanghai Express lipstick for ages, but I haven't seen it in real life (and won't be able to for a while.) My question is whether or not it's entirely matte, because the description says semi-matte and I've seen a slight sheen in photographs that I think is quite gorgeous. However, many reviewers on makeupalley say that it's entirely matte with no sheen whatsoever. I love the velvety look of a matte red lipstick, but I'm quite happy with my Revlon Matte 006 Really Red and I'm doubtful of whether I need to splurge $24 on another matte red when I've got one that makes me happy!

Also, some reviewers said that they've found NARS lipsticks to go bad within a year. Has anyone else found this to be true?

I've got my eye on MAC's Chili, the only orange-based red MAC has to offer, and it's $14. If Shanghai Express is indeed entirely matte, is Chili a better deal?

Thanks everyone!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
jnapoles
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you tried Mac's So Chaud? I think it's the best orange red, more orange than Chili. It is also Matte. Also, there is a great one by Smashbox, more moisturizing/non matte. Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • 91desertrose
    • jnapoles