My tips for rocking a bold lip :)
So, lots of women say they love red or other old lipstick but don't know how to wear it... If that's you, I can help!
Here are things you might like to know:
- If a lipstick, like a red lipstick, is too bold for you, getting a browner shade can help tone it down. If you've already purchased it, you can mix it on the back of your hand with a little TM, foundation, or concealer.
- Also, you can wear a sheer nude loss overtop to tone it down.
- A nude/warm red is easier to pull off than an orangey red... so, choose wisely lol!
- Matte lips look very serious. A little sparkle, shimmer or shine can make a red lip go from courtroom appropriate (matte lips make me think of a very proper lady... like a lawyer lol.) to party or even school appropriate.
- Keep the rest of your face neutral... I skip liner unless it's a fomal event, wear a light, shimmery shadow like UD Virgin (it's the 1st one in the NAKED palette) with a swipe of mascara and don't wear blush, or wear a bronze-y blush and stay away from pinks and reds... it gets to be too much, at least on me it does! [my example below]
- Here's my way of a bold lip! The color balance is a little off so it ends up looking more orangey than it is. :/
- But, you can still notice how I kept the rest of my makeup very simple!
- I used: MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense in 8 with gloss over it... I used a MAC one!
Hope you liked it!!
This is a very helpful post since I'm experimenting with red! I've bookmarked it for future reference lol. That is a very pretty look on you. Looks like you're ready for a Holiday party!
gorgeous look, charlotte!
thanks for the tip, i'm doing my friends makeup tonight for her husband's Xmas Dinner Party for work & she wants to rock a red lip! I'll stick with neutral brown eye shadows and light application of blush =)