Answer
kris08
Looking for a comparable lip color to NARS Bolero

I love the color of NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero.  However, I have recently returned the item because it is so drying on my lips.  Even with lip primer or gloss, my lips simply cannot handle how dry it is.  Can you please recommend the closest color to this item in a lipstick?  I would like to find a lipstick (not gloss) as close as possible to Bolero (not gloss) but one that is not so matte or drying.

Thanks to anyone who can help!  :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
artemisgem
Answered
[ Edited ]

NARS "Lipstick" (Sephora Product Page) is very pure and creamy and enriched with vitamin E to increase wearability and not dry out lips. The shades "Napoli" (sheer pinkish beige) is the closest lipstick shade I know of to the shade "Bolero," though "Napoli" might be slightly more peachy.

NARS lip.jpg

napoli.jpg

Napoli

bolero.jpg

Bolero

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

xoxcharlottexox
Answered

Dior Dior Addict Lipstick in Diorissime 249 Diorissime 249 

Korres Mango Butter Lipstick SPF 10 in Natural Pink 13 Natural Pink 13,

and SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Cream Lipstick in Jealous 07 Jealous 07

would be a similar color but not as drying.

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

tenngal
Answered

It actually looks very similar to MAC's Lipstick in Ever Hip, except that it is ever-so-slightly paler and, obviously, the finish is different as Bolero is matte and the MAC Ever Hip finish is a moist, creamsheen finish, which you should like since the Bolero dried out your lips.  I went to MAC's website to look for it and I couldn't find it.  It was released with MAC's Liberty of London Collection and was then released with the Fashion Flower Collection so you may actually have to go to a MAC counter to find the shade in person.  Here's a photo of the color, but the photo doesn't do it justice, because it's so pretty you just have to see it in person to appreciate it.
MAC Lipstick Ever Hip.jpg

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • kris08
    • artemisgem