Answer
infinite3
Lipstick colors for Gingers?

Hi there!!

I'm looking for a hot shade of lipstick to wear in the summer, but I'm having difficulty chosing one to fit me..I have deep red hair, kind of an auburn..and I have pale skin (but not like marshmallow pale..).

Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
grammarous
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello infinite3 - same hair and skin here! You sound positively lovely :smileywink:

I tend to stick with pinky nudes, personally. My favorite thing to wear right now is Fresh's Sugar Rose - it's a slight pop of color, but sheer and very versatile as it's really a balm. I have tried all of the Sugar colors and this one looks best on me.

(Except, there's a brand new Coral one that I think will look good too!)

Another balm I love is Benefit's Benetint balm. A little more rosy and slightly more glossy.

I know you said lipsticks, but these are great for on-the-go when you may not even have the luxury of a mirror :smileyhappy:

As for lipsticks, my absolute favorite is Clarins Rouge Prodige. It's creamy, long lasting, non-drying, and doesn't gum up. I am willing to say it's the best lipstick I've EVER used :smileyhappy:. My favorite shade is Raspberry Sorbet.

I was surprised, because it looks brighter in the tube, but it's actually a great everyday color.

I also love Benefit's Silky Finish in Skinny Dip (rosy nude) and Swoonderful (sparkly mauve). They aren't the longest lasting lipsticks, but they're pretty and very smooth.

If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll go for a Make Up For Ever bright pink (Satin Fuschia, Satin Light Raspberry). I think pinks look fantastic with red hair! Corals are also doable, but I can't go too orange because then I look clownish. I would love to try the new Sephora + Pantone color!

kssweetheart is right - I don't do well with mattes either. I like a creamy or sheer finish - a touch of shine keeps me looking fresh and awake. Matte can make me look ruddy, no matter the shade. And, since you're looking for a hot summer shade, shine is where it's at.

I hope I've helped a little bit - good luck with your search and keep us posted!

infinite3
(0) Hearts
<3 You have been so much help! I tried the one you recommended and it's absolutely amazing! I also got this new lipstick from a friend. It's from Sephora "Charmer". It looks great at night and I have gotten so many compliments so you should definitely try it! It's got a nice pop to it since it has a bit of gold shine to it while being extremely long lasting! Thanks again :smileyhappy:
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • ran8
    • grammarous
    • kssweetheart
    • infinite3
Photos1
  • spttincan.jpg