Answer
bethy87
Lip color with purple eyeshadow
(0) Hearts

I need some quick help!  I'm wearing purple eye shadow tomorrow, but I have no clue what lip color to wear!  I'm not going out or anything, it's a pretty casual look, I'm just totally stuck.  Help me, pretty please :-)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
ravonia
Answered
(0) Hearts

Nudey-pink, but make sure it's light. A color that's close to your natural color but with a bit of shimmer will go nicely with the purple, but will still look subtle.

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Sheer pink would work well, or even mauve. I love NARS Chihuahua (sheer pink gloss) or NARS Cruising (lipstick). You could always go with a pink Buxom gloss, too! Good luck :smileyhappy:

missdelaney95
Answered
(0) Hearts

You really cant go wrong with a nude/pink tinted lip gloss or a peachy gold color.  I myself love doing a nudish pink lipgloss and a smokey eye, i think the look is timeless :smileyhappy:

eeyore1964
Answered
(0) Hearts

I know it's a little late but in case you have the occasion to wear the purple eye shadow again try wearing Lorac's Tie Dye for Lips lipgloss in Purple. It's a beautiful purple and highly glossy without being obnoxious. I wore it today with my purple smokey eyes and my husband loved the combination of my eyeshadow and lipgloss! :womanhappy:

MakeupLvr
Answered
(0) Hearts

Nude lips or gold/pearl tone lipgloss work best with purple eyeshadow but if you HAVE to wear lipstick, nothing bright.

balletgirl24601
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you have fair skin i would advise a light pink (nothing to bright though)   but if you have darker or tan skin i would reccomend a deeper plum shade. It also depends on what shade of purple eyeshadow your wearing.

i hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

sincerly,

ballet girl

kalex
Answered
(0) Hearts

Whenever I rock a purple eye I always I always go with a pink lip.  If I'm using darker purples I use a "your lips but better shade" (i.e. one or so shades darker than your natural lip color) but if I'm using lavendar then I go with a rasberry lip.

mzleo
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey,

Go with a pink, glossy lip... Like a sheer lipgloss that has pink undertones... Looks really pretty w. the purple eye shadow !

sfbarbie
Answered
(0) Hearts

Since you're not going out, I would try and keep your lips looking more natural. I'd recommend a clear or slightly tinted lipgloss.

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • eeyore1964
    • sfbarbie
    • ravonia
    • mzleo
    • bethy87
    • balletgirl24601