Answer
ChicDabbler
Liar liar liar: Jack Black lip treatment SPF25
[ Edited ]

Jack Black lip treatment is THE most moisturizing lip product I've tried, but I like to look at the ingredients list to make sure I'm not paying for weird chemicals. The original ingredients list on the website and printed on the back of the lip balm is:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%.

Other Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil, Prunus Amgdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

I find it suspicious that there is absolutely zero preservative, wax or petroleum in it. While many websites don't list full ingredients list, what's printed on the product is always the full list. That list was the same on the tube, on Sephora.com and on their website. However, recently they've finally decided to disclose the real ingredients list. It was not reformulated, it's just now they included the ommited ingredients on the tube (altho the info is not updated on Sephora.com):

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%.

Inactive Ingredients:  Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Ehylhexl Methoxycinnamate, Cera Alba, Ozokerite, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl-methane, Parfum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Perse Gratissima (Avocado Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Microcrystallina Cera, Cyclopentasiloxane, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalol

I find it very very upsetting that they would hide the ingredients (the full list was revealed probably due to the new SPF guideline, otherwise nowhere to be found). Some people may be allergic (lanolin?) or trying to avoid (parabens) certain ingredients, and this is rude and disappointing. In any case, for people who care about the ingredients, beware. I actually found out about it on Temptalia:

Hm, now I'm also suspicious that the Anthony Logistic Lip SPF25 is also prob not the full ingredients and am ordering a tube to check.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ry22
Answered

Ewww! According to the description from the Sephora product page:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

I'm glad it didn't say it was paraben free, but petrolatum is definitely a petrochemical. That pretty inaccurate...

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 27 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler
    • kssweetheart
    • veronika23
    • bratknits
    • Nicrohr