Answer
mirerina
Accepted Solution
How to brighten naturally dark lips?

I have medium skin tone and love the pink and peach lip colors but I have dark lips. Is there a way to brighten my lip color?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am not a big fan of lip primers so I use my foundation as a lip primer, which also works to even out the color of your lips so that light pinks, etc., will look exactly like they do in the tube.  What I do is I apply a thin layer of my liquid foundation on my lips and let it dry.  I apply a thin layer of setting powder over my lips next and then I apply my lipstick.  I blot my lipstick and hold a tissue up to my lips and apply another coat of setting powder through the tissue onto my lipstick and then apply a second coat of lipstick.  It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not.  And once you see how great it works at keeping your lipstick in place and keeping your lipstick true to its color I think you'll see that it's worth it.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Answers: 2
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I guess I should have mentioned in my previous post just in case you don't use liquid foundation or liquid concealer (which will also work in the place of foundation as described in my previous post).

MAC Pro makes a product called "Lip Erase" which you can get in the shade called "Dim" and it is made to even out the color of your lips so that lipsticks will be more true to color or you can add the product after applying a lipstick that is too bright and it will dim it down to a lighter shade.

I hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

vivic0la
Answered
(0) Hearts

A good way is to put concealer over your lips or use a nude lip liner to make your lipstick long-wearing. hope this helps

good luck!

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • vivic0la
    • mirerina