Answer
alicisany
HELP!!! I need long-lasting lipsticks!!
(0) Hearts

I love to wear lipstick during the fall and winter seasons and I am in desperate need to find a long lasting lipstick that won't flake. Is there a cosmetics line that has a long-lasting lipstick? Plus, it must has colors to suit all skin complexion.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projill
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree- Primers will help keep your lipstick on without drying out your lips.  

There are many long wearing lip colors available on the market- lip stains are a big trend now and offer long wearing color that doesn't flake off.  Try Josie Maran or Smashbox lip stains.

You can also try some new application techniques.  Start with a hydrated and conditioned lip, then apply lip primer all over the lip and follow with a waterproof lipliner.  Fill in most of the lip area with the waterproof lipliner.  (I like Makeup Forever or Sephora Collection waterproof lipliners).  Then apply one coat of your favorite lipstick.  Blot it off by pressing a tissue once on the lips and removing it.  Apply a second coat of lipstick and repeat the blotting technique.  Then apply a sheer layer of translucent powder and repeat one last coat of lipstick.  This will help your lipstick stay on longer and you can do it with what you own already.

If you would rather have a long wearing lipstick then try Stila longwearing Lipcolors or Sephora Collection longwearing lipsticks.  Both have the texture of a lipstick but stay on longer than a traditional lipstick and are not drying.  

Enjoy!

XO,

Jill

kitten727
(0) Hearts
Jill, can you give specifics on the "hydrated and conditioned lip" portion? I have tried a few different things, and I always end up making my lipstick fade faster because my lips are too moist. The rest makes sense.
Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 8 in conversation
    • chewcifer
    • rinkydink
    • veeerules
    • waterbaby1981
    • projill
    • alicisany
    • kobeluv7
    • kitten727