Answer
cspriverratz
Berry-colored lipstick?

Since fall is now upon us, I really want to try the berry lip trend. Wines, plums, deep magentas, you get what I'm saying! :smileyhappy: 

I'm very pale with strawberry blonde hair, so I need a color that won't seem to harsh. Any suggestions? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 13
lylysa
Answered
[ Edited ]

For starters, check into formulas and products labeled as being "sheer", providing a "wash" of color, or even a "stain". These will tend to have less gravity and impact as a high pigmented lipstick, but depending on the formula can still give lips a good saturation of color.

A beauty world favorite is Clinique's Black Honey, a wearable wine-berry shade that is suitable for multiple skin types and offered in a variety of formulas.

Their Almost Lipstick is like a glossy lip balm, giving shine and moisture to lips without making lips look too bold, a great day-time alternative to wearing such a bold color choice:

It's also available in a squeeze tube gloss, duo (with lipstick and gloss, one at each end), and multi-shade set.

Clinique's Chubby Sticks (available in regular and Intense formulas) are also great options to have wearable berry shades. They look like chubby crayons that apply a wash of color to lips and lets you build up on opacity for a touch more color payoff.

Graped Up is soft plum with a neutral base.

Voluptuous Violet is a more blue and cooler toned based purple if you want something to really compliment how fair you are.

In their Intense line, try Grandest Grape, which has more red to it, but is still a wonderful way to wear a shade in with the berry, plum, and wine family:

If you want something longer wearing, opt for a stain. Stains have buildable and various finishes so this will allow for you to transition from day to night with just one product with ease.

Tarte's Lip Surgence stains come in a variety of finishes from sheer and glossy, matte and full color, buildable shimmers, or rich cremes.

Moody is a glossy, sheer deep berry color:

Similar to Moody is Admired, a creme formula that's a tad more subtle and light, and has more of a cherry-berry shade:

garnett
Answered

Since you are so fair, a color that is dark and opaque may seem to be too much contrast for you.  I recently purchase a beautiful berry shade of lipstick from Bite Beauty called Mulberry.  It is semi sheer so you can build or soften the intensity.  I am not as fair as you are but I am light and don't like to wear something too dark during the day.  I think this one fits the bill. I really love the Bite lipsticks and they have many wine, berry, plums,etc to choose from.  Others I would recommend are Granache and Zin.  They are less intense than Mulberry but still offer the tone you are looking for.  Good luck.  I hope you find ones that you will FALL (pun intended) in love with.

:smileyhappy:

porcelain34
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am very fair skinned as well but with very dark brown hair and I love deep rich lip colours myself.  If you are worried about the colour being to harsh but still want some great colour payoff I would have a look at getting some of the OCC lip stains or tars.  They are wonderfully pigmented and you can mix different colours together to create your own signature berry colour.  I hope you find something you like because everyone should have fun with fall lip colours.

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Bite Beauty in Zin which is a muted berry.

YSL Volupte Shine in Rose in Tension #17 it kinda looks a little more red but it's closer to a berry color.

Shiseido's Perfect Rouge RS711- Looks more  like a wine color.

JGSFLA
Answered
(0) Hearts

nars lip laquer in EROS !!

aviscardi
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love berries and bright pinks. . My favorite is mac rebel. I just tried W&W cherry pickin which is SO pretty, I got two compliments today wearing it and it lasts so long. its a berry pinky red shade.

berry ready is another shade, i think that is from the maybelline color whispers. and revlon raspberry pie both very pigmented for being butters.   I have a few more i can list when i get home

JGSFLA
Answered
(0) Hearts

NARS lip laquer in EROS!!

alicia130
Answered
(0) Hearts

I really enjoy the Fresh Lip Treatment in Berry. You can make it more opaque if you layer it. I love it because it's moisturizing; as the weather gets colder my lips get so chapped. 

nathaliew
Answered
(0) Hearts

Here's an old thread of mine with some awesome berry options: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/The-best-berry-lipstick/m-p/470699#M1029

tashalicious
Answered
(0) Hearts

if you don't want it to look too harsh try a sheer finish. :smileyhappy:

2144651-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg_7132359.jpg

starletta8
Answered
(0) Hearts

Plums are your friends!

I just discovered an old LE Laura Mercier lip glace in "Plum" that's going to be my fall berry go-to- and I'm an uber pale redhead.

I agree with the Clinique suggestions- Broadest Berry and Grandest Grape, both Chubby Stick Intenses, are colors I easily pull off with similar coloring to you.

Some others that might be worth checking out:

http://www.sephora.com/dior-addict-lipstick-P282501?skuId=1311679

Dior Addict Lipstick- Backstage

Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Color- Plum Wine

http://www.sephora.com/lip-colour-shimmer-P194707?skuId=1031111

Korres Mango Butter Lipstick- Natural Rose 25

http://www.sephora.com/mango-butter-lipstick-spf-10-P199108?skuId=1052547

t0ughco0kie28
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm in love with the TOO FACED lipstick in shade TeddyBerry! It's a natural berry-like rose color. I'm in love & obsessed. Check it out! :smileyhappy:

starletta8
Answered
(0) Hearts

Well, I was going to respond to my post, but I don't have the option for some reason.

I swatched some of my go-tos for fall- you can see some of various berry lip shades I'm going to be reaching for- and some other great fall colors.

I did a quick search. Everything without a (LE) is available either on Sephora or the brand's website currently.

falllips1.jpg

falllips2.jpg

falllips3.jpg

Question Stats
  • 13 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • alicia130
    • aviscardi
    • t0ughco0kie28
    • lylysa