I know that the No Buy in August has gone and passed, and people are now purchasing as they wish, but I am still holding back. I really want to save up my money so I can splurge during the sale in November, as well as collect money for all of those holiday sets that will be hitting the shelves soon. Because of this, my wish list has been rapidly growing, probably at an unhealthy rate. I thought that I would share it:
1. MUFE Full Cover Concealer-
I have been eyeing this for the longest time. I doubt anyone remembers, but this was actually on my July Wish List. I’ve decided that I’ve tortured myself for long enough, and will finally buy it.
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light-
Again, this is something that I have been wanting for a long time. I swatched it in store once and fell in love, but didn’t buy it because I couldn’t justify the price tag. I will buy this during the sale so that the price isn’t as bad.
3. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten-
I feel like I’m the only person in the world that has never tried this. It’s been raved about so much, I have to have it.
4. Benefit Lemon Aid-
This is a repurchase. I love this for correcting color on my eyelids, as well as helping out my under eye concealer by correcting my under eyes.
5. Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara-
This is also a repurchase. I had this mascara about a year ago, and absolutely loved it, but I wanted to try other mascaras and forgot about it. No other mascara that I have tried has worked as well as this one. I need to buy it again before I forget.
6. YSL Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in 09 Caress Pink-
I’ve wanted this for a while too, but haven’t been able to justify it. I’ve recently figured out what I’m going to be for Halloween, and my costume makeup involves this lipstick! Yes! An excuse to buy it!
7. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette-
This is another one of those things that everyone but me has. I’m sick of hearing good things about it and will just buy it.
8. Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Fig-
I’ve really wanted this color for the longest time. It’s one of those colors that I will wear a ton. I’ve tried the sample of this lipstick that came with the Rouge card, and loved the formula. The only problem was that it was bright red. This is much more wearable.
9. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Empire-
I’ve wanted this since April. No joke. I would’ve bought it if it wasn’t summer. I will get more use out of it now that I am going to buy it in the fall.
10. Sephora Tools of the Trade Brush Set-
I usually am not interested in these brush sets because most of them seem like a rip off, but this particular one is a great deal. And you can NEVER have enough brushes! The brush roll it comes with seem really nice too, and the brush roll I am currently using is so old and ugly, it’s useless.
11. Sephora Colorful Eyeshadow 6-Shade Custom Palette Case-
I have 6 single Sephora eyeshadows, and they take up way too much space, so I thought that it would be smart to put them into a palette.
12. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Sabbath-
I’ve wanted this for a while as well, and need it for Halloween! Mwahaha I love excuses!
13. Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush #56-
I already have this brush, but it is so old and worn. I might as well get a new one during the sale!
14. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer-
I got a sample of this a while ago, and ignored it. I just recently started using the sample, and I’m in love. And because it’s a sample, it doesn’t last long. I’ll need to purchase the full size.
15. Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked-
A sample of this came with my Naked 2 palette. I usually ignore the little small samples, but it is my type of lip color, so I gave it a shot. I LOVE it! Great color payoff and great minty sensation! Definitely am buying this full size!
16. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked-
And if I’m getting the lip gloss, why not get the matching lipstick?
17. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Naked-
As well as the matching lip liner!
18. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown-
Brows have been one thing that I’ve never wanted to spend money on. I’ve been using old brown gel eyeliner for my brows for almost 2 years now. Enough is enough. The person that waxes my brows recommended this brow powder to me, and she convinced me that this is something that I need.
19. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light-
This is a repurchase. I love this for when I’m too lazy to wear actual foundation, but still want coverage on my face. This is perfect. I’ve repurchased this several times before, and keep coming back for more. (haha that rhymed!)
20. BareMinerals Mineral Veil-
I’m not even running out of this yet, but I might as well buy it when it’s on sale, right?
21. Urban Decay Custom Palette- Woodstock, Peace, Kush, and Fishnet
This is where I went a weeeeee bit crazy with the wish list. For some reason, I felt that I didn’t have enough colorful eyeshadow in my life. I’ve looked for set palettes, but none of them appealed to me. The solution: make my own! I decided to use Urban Decay because I don’t trust any other brands with pigmentation when it comes to colorful eyeshadow.
22. Urban Decay Custom Palette- Sin, Smog, Freelove (already own), and Loaded
Why stop with one? I found Freelove lying in my drawer collecting dust, so I decided to put it into a palette that I would use more often with hopes to get more use out of Freelove. I just need to buy all of the colors in it!
23. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed-
This is a blush that is essential to every makeup collection. And I don’t own it yet. So now I will buy it (on sale!)
24. Marc Jacobs Beauty Nail Lacquer in 132 Blue Velvet-
I know that I don’t need more nail polish, but this color just drew me in. It’s GOREGEOUS! And I wanted to try out Marc Jacobs Beauty.
25. Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen in Blacquer-
Again, with trying out Marc Jacobs Beauty. I saw this and instantly wanted it. I don’t know what it is about it, but I just do. You know that feeling I’m talking about? I just… do!
26. Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Deep Black-
I’ve cleaned out my makeup recently and realized that all of my black gel liners dried up! So obviously I had to buy another one. I have the Smashbox gel liner in Midnight Brown and I love it, so I thought that I would try the black. Plus, this particular liner has the best price for the amount of product!
27. MUFE Aqua Liner in 13 Mat Black-
This intrigued me. I don’t usually do well with straight up liquid liner, but I want to see if this is really as good as some people say.
28. Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Tokyo-
I seriously can’t check out at Sephora without getting at least one Nars product. I don’t know why. I love the pigmentation of Nars Eyeshadow Galapagos, so I wanted to get a duo. It just seems easy to buy two colors that are meant to go together. Plus, this duo is really pretty: totally up my alley!
29. Stila Convertible Color in Petunia-
I love blush, but never got into cream blush that much. I decided that I need to give it a fair chance before blowing it off. I’ve also wanted to try out more from Stila, so this worked out perfectly.
30. Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond-
I’ve actually never tried Dior, but I’ve thought about it and think that I need to try it out. I’ve heard a lot about this, so I will give it a go.
31. Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadow in Rosy Tan 754-
Again, with trying out Dior. I’ve heard that their eyeshadows are to die for, so I thought that I would give it a shot!
32. Dior Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush in Charnelle 459-
This is one thing from Dior that I’ve heard nothing about. When I think Dior, I don’t think lipstick. But I want to see how good it is.
33. Stila Eyeshadow in Twig-
This will be used for Halloween!
34. BareMinerals Eyecolor in True Gold-
And so will this!
35. Kat Von D Everlasting Blush in Heartagram-
As well as this!
36. Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner in Intro (Vert)-
37. YSL Crème de Blush in 07 Rose Quartz-
Another cream blush that I want to try! I feel like that if I only try one cream blush, then I won’t get a good idea of what they’re really like! Plus, I only own lippies from YSL, and I want to try some of their other products.
38. Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray-
I’m almost out of my Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray, but I won’t repurchase that one because we are going into fall and winter months, when my skin usually gets dryer. I would get the normal one, but Jaclyn Hill made me want this one.
And that is it! Looking back, this is an unnaturally long list. Whoops. So yeah, I’ve been sitting here doing this for over 2 hours, and am bored out of my mind because I can’t do anything (because I’m sick.)
Tell me what’s on your wish list! Also, let me know if you’ve tried anything on my wish list, and what you think of it!
And if you actually read that ENTIRE thing, then... wow. It was really long.
Re: Wish List!
Re: Wish List!
I am wishing my wish list was that short . Currently I am at two pages in my loves list. No way am I going to buy it all but somehow it makes me happier having it in my list .
Re: Wish List!
I love this thread and seeing everyone's wish list ! After much deliberation and heavy editing, I finalized my Loves List! Ahhh I want everything now, now, NOW ! Hehe thank goodness my birthday is coming up
- Sephora Collection - Universal Lip Liner
- Sephora Collection - Smart Liner (I was debating between this and the MJ one, but I haven't really mastered liquid liner, so I don't want to splurge too much if I don't really know the technique :-/ )
- Bumble and bumble - Hairdresser's Oil (I tried a sample and LOVED it, even with my naturally oily scalp. I'm currently using the Couture Color Pequi Oil Treatment, but will pick up the Bb mini once I run out)
- Sephora Collection - Technicolor Tinsel Eyelash Curler (Has anyone used the SC curlers? I have the Shu Uemera one, but I'm on my last rubber pad, and can't purchase just the rubber pads . Plus, this looks beautiful!)
- Tarte - Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay WP Liner in Aztec Gold (Gorgeous color!)
- Korres - Wild Rose Daily Brightening & Refining Buff Cleanser
- NARS - Eye Paints in Mozambique, Transvaal, Ubangi, Tatar, and Snake Eyes (my GOSH I am so excited for these!)
- Benefit - Rockateur Blush
- Too Faced - Powder Pouf Brush (to replace my MAC 154...yuck!)
- Tarte - Amazonian Clay Airbrush Powder Foundation in Fair-Light Neutral
- NARS - Sheer Matte Foundation in Ceylan (still haven't pulled the trigger on this one!)
- Sunday Riley - Disrobe Lotion (...or this one)
Re: Wish List![ Edited ]
Nars Duos are my favorite eyeshadows, and Primed & Poreless used to be my go-to primer before I switched to BB creams (:
My wishlist is pretty short (kinda went a little overboard in August hehe)
Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer
I want to try mixing this with my BB cream (which has great coverage but more of a matte finish) to add a healthy glow to my skin.
Lately, healthy skin has been my main focus. I've had the worst breakouts of my life in the last 2 months and I'm trying to finally get my skin under control.
Origins Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask
After reading the reviews, I hope this will help my skin out.
Re: Wish List![ Edited ]
Wow!! Amazing list!!!
A few pointers off of the top of my head: The MUFE concealer is to die for and so is the Anastasia brow powder. Throw your old gel eyeliner away!!! Stila Kitten is great and so is the UD setting spray. You MUST get Tarte Exposed blush, the YSL lippy, the Bite in Fig (love it!!), and the Dior eyeshadow palette! Oh and I LOVE Nars as well- my favorite duo is Charade (the neutral purplish tones brings out brown eyes amazingly FYI!). I haven't tried that one but I am sure it is amazing.
As for the Hourglass ambient lighting powders, I would swatch in store to see which shade would be best for you. It didn't do much for me and I ended up returning it. And the Marc Jacobs liquid liner- I am obsessed with liquid liners, but honestly I think the Stila and Kat Von D one is better (My favorite of all time is Dolly Wink). The MJ highliner is also on my wish list (in purple)... It has great staying power (I got the 100 point perk), but it still transfers a bit on my oily lids, but not enough to make me not want to get another one. And as for the Naked palette, if you already have a lot of the basic matte nude colors, a lot of these are dupable. If not, then it is a great basic. As for the Dior Rose Diamond- it is great if you have a warm undertone. If you are cool toned, then I recommend Amber Diamond instead. And the Dior lipstick- I like the Addict or Extreme Addict formulas better.
I am not trying to talk you out of anything on your wish list by any means. I just wanted to give my opinion. I actually also added a few of your wish list items to my loves as well! Have fun going crazy during F&F!!!
Re: Wish List!
I was also thinking about the Dior Shimmer Star. I had the Rose Diamond in my Loves, but I just switched it to Amber, as I think I'm more cool-toned. Thanks for mentioning this, Missie772!
Re: Wish List![ Edited ]
Me?? Oh you must have picked up the signal on my enabler antenna, I thought it wasn't working that well today but I guess it is. Oh and I really love the colors you chose especially 15.
Re: Wish List!
Everything here. Everything.
Though really, I'm building a wishlist for my Atlanta trip that spans multiple stores (and splurge types). By hitting one of the big malls when I first get into town, I'll be visiting full stores for bareMinerals, The Body Shop, Godiva, LUSH, MAC, Sephora, Steve Madden, and Teavana, plus all counters at Nordstrom, Macy's and Von Maur, and anything else that might look interesting while I'm poking about. Nowhere near done with my wishlists, though!