swanbeauty

VIB Haul... What did you get?

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from the VIB event, and althought the store didn't really even have anything going on (no "beats" as advertised... so I'm not sure what that's about) in the store, they did have the store stocked and had lots of people to provide help.

Here is what I got: 

Clairsonic Mia 2 Holiday Pore-Fection Kit

Kat Von D True Romance Eye Shadow Palette - Saint

Sephora Pro Lesson Palette - Natural Eye

Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip

Sephora Colorful Palette - Matte Madness

Sephora Brush #45

Tarte Cheek Stain - Flush and True Love

Sephora Blinged Palette

I also requalified for VIB status next year, so they gave me the new Welcome Kit and VIB card.  Nice... I posted pics and info on the other post about the new card, if you are interested...

IMG_1613.jpg

I also received my Sephora VIB tote, which had a bunch of small samples in it, and a few "How To" guides.  I'm glad it wasn't empty, that would have been a bummer.

IMG_1634.jpg

The team at my Sephora also offered us a card for a free 45 minute make over with a beauty expert, no purchase required.  Nice!!  But it didn't look like a Corporate Sephora card... just something they did in store to appreciate thier VIB's.

IMG_1635.jpg

So, what did you guys get?  How was your haul??

swanbeauty

Re: VIB Haul... What did you get?

Looks like everyone has been cleaning out thier local Sephora!  :smileysurprised:)~

Kimmi, I don't remember seeing that Tarte kit at my Sephora!  I've been wanting to try thier powder blush.  I just tried the gel blush for the first time and it is amazing.  It took a while to figure out how to use it, but now that I have, I love the effect.

So, I couldn't help myself and I had to go back... naughty girl!! 

At my local Sephora I bought:

Urban Decay - Lip Junkie LipglossUrban Decay Lip Junkie in STRIP - wow, this is the first time I've tried this gloss, and I really love it.  I don't know that it plumps, like it says, but the scent is good and I don't really detect much flavor (I hate flavors).  I was looking for a dupe for Bite VINTAGE, because I loved the color, but the scent was horrible.  I can't stand the lanolin smell - gross sheep secretions.

Sephora Collectoin Nail Bling in Brocade Parade and Gilded Lily

Clarisonic Brush Heads - awesome deal, since the double pack saves you $10, and then the discount saves another $8

Cotton pads (not very exciting)

Sephora by OPI Trend Tips in Ornate - This will be the first time I try the nail polish sheets... but I've been wanting to see how these turn out, and the discount made them reasonable...

I also went online and bought:

Smashbox - Photo Op Eye Enhancing Palette - Hazel Eyes Smashbox Photo Op Eye Enhancing Palette for Hazel Eyes - I like smashbox and the colors here look great for my skin tone and eye color.  I can't wait to get it in the mail.  

I did an online order because my local Sephora didn't have the NARS 500 pointe perk.  I already use the Blush and the Eyeshadow base (which is amazing).  So, it made for great back ups and I get to try two new products!

- BI 500 PT

- Blush in Orgasm (0.12 oz)
- Pore-Prime Pore Refining Primer (0.06 oz)
- Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover (0.08 oz)
- Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (0.09 oz)

AND...  I had the code for the Tarte Deluxe Sample Trio

kimmi1115

@roseps135  I love the Tarte Finishing Powder!  The jar of it will last you a very long time.

@prettyinpa  The SA also placed my invite back in my bag, but I didn't make a return trip.  I think I'm good until the gift card promo lol.

@swanbeauty  If you do come across the set next time you're in store, quickly toss it in your basket!  I've tried two of the blushes so far, and I am loving them!  I think the size of them is quite generous, too, for something in a gift set. 

roseps135

@kimmi1115

I do like the Tarte finishing powder, but learned that one of the ingredients is a known carcinogen.  So I have to return it!

I didn't want to miss out on my 20%, so I bought the CoverFX powder online.  

ANNNNNNND got the Sephora Favorites/ Super Stars Beauty Essentials.  Well, I needed to spend more to get free shipping, plus with 20% off on this kit is a fantastic deal.  I won't use all the products, so I am going to give some of them as gifts.  

So that totals three purchases.  In the past I have been able to limit myself to one or two purchases, but this time I really just went crazy :smileywink:

kimmi1115

@roseps135 I'm also curious like beautytester is, which ingredient is a carcinogen? 

ChicDabbler

@swanbeauty. Everyone's been clearing out Sephora online, too! 40% of my shopping list are now out-of-stock. Lol, I like how the size of the image corresponds to how excited you are (I got those cotton pads, too, just to see if they are different than the drugstore ones).

@roseps135. Which ingredient is the carcinogen?

Oh guess what guess what! I finally received my shiny silver VIB invite in the mail today, after the last day of the promo. Now I just need to find a time machine...

prettyinpa

@beautytester- I got my invitation yesterday!  Cracked me up, with all the talk of a party on Thursday night. If I hadn't gotten the email, I would have been really out of luck, since I was only able to go to the store over the weekend. Plus the store was really well stocked, I got all the items on my list and then some. Plus they had the NARS 500 point perk in great quantity.

You think Sephora would mail the invitations a little sooner, it isn't like we could use them before Thursday anyways. And the excuse of keeping it secret from competition, we all know the VIB special is coming up, it isn't a big surprise after all.
:smileywink:

prettyinpa

I was lucky, I couldn't make the Thursday nite event, but had the great fortune to be working all weekend in a city that has a Sephora store! They still had tote bags left and gave me a great little makeup case stuffed with samples, I think it was one of the 3 VIB perks from the recent online giveaway. The Algenist sample is really big, generous enough for a bunch of uses.

So here's the haul:

Glo Teeth Whitening System

Glo Toothpaste

Sephora Collection Face Brush in purple

NARS Shadow duo in Verte Glace

Perricone MD Eye Lift Synergy Kit

Clarisonic replacement brushes

Hourglass Aura Cheek Stain

YSL Glossy Stain in N19

NARS 500 point Beauty Bundle

The Castmember put my email 20% off back into my shopping bag and told me that it was good through Monday, but I don't think I'm going to be buying anymore today.:smileyhappy:

ialli

I redeemed 100 BI points for a sample of Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara

And I also picked up the Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Trio, which I'm loving!

geminibreeze

Great haul Kimmi! 

I only bought online. I want to try to go to the store tomorrow after my doc apt in the morning.

I bought alot of christmas pressies like the perfume sampler for my mom aunt and boyfriend. And some of mom's fave perfumes. I only picked up my MUFE foundation and a couple sale items. I really wanted the sale Panetone Universe Eyeshadow but it was sold out. 17$ was crazy for it! I'm hoping the local store may have one.

beeberz

I was surprised! My experience was really nice. I didnt get a chance to go to the store on the day of the party, but after reading about other peoples' experiences I was not too bummed. I went today and I got a tote bag with samples inside, and some cute little mallys chocolates, 3 generous foundation samples of newly released foundations I really wanted to try. I picked up a hello kitty mirror necklace for my sister, give me some lip kit, In the Glow favorites set, and the Benefit upgrade to gorgeous set! It was so fun to be in the store and get to swatch things and since I went early it was not too busy. I also placed an order for presents, cologne sample with certificate set for dad and brother, 2 pantone (summer) palettes for 2 of my sisters, korres skincare set for my mom, givenchy lipstick and pink blotting sheets for my friend. Yeah, i got alot but it was 20% off :smileyhappy:

maltipoo66

Hey guys!  Between the 20% off and my birthday gift cards, I definitely did some damage.... :

YSL Creme de Blush #2  (finally!!)

Too Faced Absolutely Flawless concealer in Vanilla

Stila All is Bright lip gloss set

MUFE Lab shine gloss in S18

ITKIT #3 (group of samples)

Fresh Sugar Lip treatment in clear

I think I'm set for a while :smileywink:

roseps135

I went in-store on the opening day, and they didn't have anything special going on.  I got good service though!  At that time, I purchased:

Sephora Pro Flawless Light Powder brush #50

Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

Bare Minerals Matte Foundation 

Boscia Enlivening Eye Cream

And requalified for VIB again! 

Then online I ordered

Cover FX Cream foundation

REN Clear Calm 3 Back to School Bundle - I wanted the cleanser and saw they had this deal with samples of two other products I use.   These two were not available in my store.

Whew well that's a big haul for me! 

xtina826

Here is a link to what I picked up. Probably going back tomorrow to pick up the Tarte Lipsurgence set.

http://lilexpressbug.blogspot.com/2012/11/sephora-vib-haul.html

kimmi1115

Here's my small haul from yesterday.  I didn't make it to Sephora after class Friday.  They were out of the birthday gift, so I gotta check in on another day.  

I ended up changing my mind about the Benefit Hervana when I saw the Tarte set, especially since it  was the last one lol.  I love Tarte's setting powder, so I think I may love their blushes, too.  Since I only have Benefit Dandelion, I know have other choices.  I also picked up the Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Gloss in Pink Lady.  It's more on the sheer side than my MAC lip gloss.  Sometimes I need a pink that isn't as bold lol.

kimmi1115

I'm going to Sephora after I get out of my Brit Lit exam.  After writing brief essay answers for that test and my World Lit test, I may need a shopping refresher lol.  I don't plan on getting a whole lot this time around since my birthday is coming up, which includes a chance of a gfit card or more cash.  However, the discount is not going to be wasted! 

Also can't forget that sometime in December is the the gift cards.  Sephora is still doing that, right?

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Yeah I didn't get the mail but I got the email. I called the store and aside from normal service, they just had a DJ and cake and the bag. It's not worth the 2hr roundtrip drive ($8 gas fee) in the cold, so I ordered online. I only use % off for item I know I will keep, so I used the 20% off to help me get ready for winter:

Anthony Logistic lip SPF25

Super Body Toning Serum

Buxom Time to Shine

purchase item 1Josie Maran Moroccan Bazaar Argan Bestseller

purchase item 1Sephora Smudge brush

purchase item 1TokyoMilk Dark Famme Fatale lip balm in salted caramel

I debated about getting the NARS 500pts perk since I've always wanted to try the hyped blush, but I almost never ever wear blush since my face have a natural flush so when I put on make up, only the blush in the cheek shows through so it's perfect and any blush I add makes me seem red. So, I ended up redeeming for Too Faced primer since winter is coming and my face need more protection than just a moisturizer (20+ mph wind and/or sleet/hail = chapped/hurt skin).

purchase item 1purchase item 1

smallpio

I didn't make it to a store, but I made a HUGE purchase online which included:

Urban Decay's Ocho Loco set (1/2 for me, 1/2 for my sister)

Soap and Glory's Bubble Take set (gift)

THREE Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip sets (all gifts)

Sephora favorites fragrance set (gift)

Sephora Favorites Finest Shave set (gift)

Sephora+Pantone Shades of Nature shadows (the savings!)

Too Faced Perfect Set

Kate Somerville Exfolicate .5 tube

I also redeemed my points for the NARS set and the Clinique acne set. I already own orgasm, so I waffled on the NARS one for awhile, but I commute to school, and there are plenty of days when I wish I had a good blush in my car to refresh halfway through.

I'm pretty happy about my purchases. I knocked out a huge chunk of my Christmas buys. I've never tried the UD liiners before, and I've been meaning to wear eyeliner more. The Pantone palette I couldn't resist at the price it was at, and the Too Faced set just caught my eye and held it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • maltipoo66
    • kimmi1115
    • ialli
    • geminibreeze
    • swanbeauty