Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta GWPs

This thread will be for Ulta GWPs only.  Share ulta promos here.  

Please do NOT post requests for the spreadsheet in this thread.  Please post requests for the Ulta GWP google spread sheet in this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Ulta-GWP-Google-Spreadsheet-Request-Thread/m-p/2753063#M11...

A list of in store coupons is here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWP-Coupons-no-chatter/td-p/3866521

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Ulta points refresher (because yes, it is that complicated):

Spoiler

Item #1 - $53.50

Item #3 - $108.50 (and is eligible for a certain item/brand 5x multiplier)

* There is also a 5x all purchase multiplier and you are platinum so you get 1.25x

Total Spent - $162

Base Points Earned - 162

Platinum .25x Earned - 41 (162 * .25 = 40.5, and rounding up)

5x All Purchases Earned - 648 (it ends up being 4x because you don't count the base points)

5x Item/Brand Earned - 434

Total Points Earned - 1285

Links are not allowed.  In lieu of links, please read this:

Spoiler

Please add product id numbers and sku numbers so people can find items on ulta.  

Just to clarify, there is an item number that Ulta lists on the website, right under the picture of the item.

The product id is the number given to the item in the URL.  So Ulta's site follows this formula of having the url and then the very last part of the url is "productId=xlsImpprod" followed by an 8 digit number.  If you use that "productId" number you can get to the page of any item on ulta. 

It's not a search, but the direct url to the page. 

Click on any product, and then view the url in the address bar.  It will look like this: ulta's website (not using the actual domain because BT admins don't like that) /prep-prime-fix?productId=xlsImpprod15921204  Replace the 8 digit product id of the item you want to see with the id of the product you're looking for.

My very unofficial Ulta point multiplier to approximate percent discount chart:

(This is a number where I use the multiplier to divide by 2000 to see how many dollars I would have to spend in order to redeem a $125 reward.  E.g. 2000 points divided by 1 point multiplier means I have to spend $2000 to get the $125 reward.  Adding how much I had to spend ($2000) + the reward ($125), and then using the reward ($125) to divide the total purchase ($2125), I get a discount of approximately 6% based on the total purchase.  Note: the total purchase is based on the concept that you are spending just enough to reach the next $125 reward and combines the reward value with how much money you had to spend to get that reward.

Spoiler
Multiplier11.251.522.252.533.253.544.254.557.257.588.258.599.259.51010.2510.5
Spend2000160013331000889800667615571500471444400276267250242235222216211200195190
Points200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000
Redeem125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125125
Total Purchase21251725145811251014925792740696625596569525401392375367360347341336325320315
Discount6%7%9%11%12%14%16%17%18%20%21%22%24%31%32%33%34%35%36%37%37%38%39%40%

Re: Ulta GWPs

Same here, hit platinum and no coupon!

Hmmmm - when I first reached Platinum I got a 20% off coupon last year. Maybe I'll call CS and see what's up.

I'm new to shopping at Ulta, and would appreciate some advice/info about the timing of Ulta's Beauty Break GWPs. 

How early do I need to submit my order to actually receive the Beauty Break GWP?  I'm asking because I received a shipment notice email indicating that the Tarte GWP was OOS but I wouldn't be charged for it  😞     I had actually placed my order before 10 am EST and the Tarte Beauty Break GWP was definitely listed on my order confirmation email.  

Does this (Beauty Break GWPs not being shipped because they're OOS) happen often -- or -- was this an unusual occurrence?   I'm curious because I don't want to keep making purchases just for he Beauty Break GWP if there is a high likelihood that I won't receive the goodie.  TIA 

Anonymous Insider

Wow, you ordered pretty early, so you should have received the BB. Send an email to customer service, they might send a gift card.

I also had my Tarte beauty break canceled for my order. I sent an e-mail, and have called in the past. Especially if you ordered it that early, and it still showed in stock all day, that is deceiving. If you call customer service, they will usually tell you something about warehouses and offer you a gift card.

That was a very unusual occurrence. I've never once had a Beauty Break item cancelled once I ordered it (and I order a LOT of BB GWP's 😛 )...or any other item that I can think of, actually. Ulta seems to be good with inventory in general. I will say though that the weekly BB GWP tends to go OOS early most every week...even though it's advertised as 10am-2pm Central, it's typically gone between 12:30 or 1. I'm actually a little curious about your situation as you say you ordered it early (10am Eastern would be 9am Central, which is before the promo should have started...but I'm not up at 9 Central to see if they typically become available early lol)...so I wonder if that played a role? I know I placed my order around noon-ish Central, and mine has shipped.

Thanks for your response!  I'll try again when I see another Beauty Break GWP that I want.

Could someone please send me the spreadsheet as well? Many thanks!!

Anonymous Insider

Could someone please send me the spreadsheet?

Thank you

Sent!

Wow, who woulda thunk I'd find an excellent source of Ulta information on Sephora's site? I am so happy to have found y'all! I'm still learning my way around here, so if there's a better place to post this, let me know and I'll move it. I got my madeyewlook bag today and have a quick mini-review of the Maybelline Lash Stiletto. Seems pretty decent as a mascara...nice length, not clumpy at all, but... it has the same awful heavy-rose scent that keeps me away from my beloved MAC purple mascara. I'm not usually scent-sensitive, but this is overwhelming and even after an hour, I'm still catching a whiff of it here and there. Sadly, this one is going straight in the trash, but thankfully I still have lots of other goodies to play with. 

I look forward to finding all sorts of awesome info around here, and hope to be able to contribute from time to time as well. This looks like an awesome new playground for me 🙂

@RGbrown  Welcome!!  BT is a great place to get a lot of news, recommendations, updates on sales, etc.  It's fun and informative around here. 😄  

Ulta $10 off $40 for bareminerals. Expires tomm!

photo.JPG

$10 off any $40 bareminerals purchase! Here's the online code: 3L0DZBXSUH

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 4.08.31 PM.png

Claimed, thanks for posting!!

So I ordered the Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss in Spark (a beauty steal on one of the days last week I think, I've placed too many orders and can't remember the exact day lol)

Anyways, it arrived today with a huge crack in it, and then broke totally after opening it.  I'm super bummed. 😞

I believe that it's all dried out too, because the consistency is powder-y.  I love the color though and the pigmentation from what I can tell.

I called and the CS rep told me the best thing would be for me to come into store to get a replacement.....but I'm worried the store will be sold out of this since it was a beauty steal?

Long story short I am super bummed, has this happened to anyone else?

@CaityLaine aw sorry it arrived broken. I think you may have luck exchanging in store since I'm pretty sure this beauty steal was online only for the butter london eye gloss, so in person stores should have it in stock. but I'd call to make sure they carry it or have it in stock since sometimes Ulta locations vary with what they carry. 

For the first time in a while, I am super uninspired by the 21 days offers.  I fell like either Im not interested in it, or I already have it from previous 21 days.  

The only thing I may consider is the Smashbox primer water,, IT brushes and I really wanted the UD blushes as I missed them last time- my car had issues- but this time they are a platinum perk online only, and I am a broken record stating that they locked me out of my online ordering.  By the time I get off work, they will be no more brushes left, this I am sure of.  

Same here. I did the Derma Doctor peels last time, they're okay, but I prefer the DDG. For sure the Primer Water is a deal I'm taking advantage of, I always buy the big bottle and refill the 1 oz size to keep in my purse. I've been considering the It Cosmetics powder to replace my PUR powder since I like to carry a SPF powder with me to use as work wraps up and them I'm faced with being in traffic while it's sunny out. I like that the It Cosmetics compact has a separate compartment for the sponge/puff. I miss when PUR had their compacts like that, as of late I've got one random rectangular mini puff I've managed to sandwich into the current design of the PUR compact to where I can get it to shut, but it does flatten the puff down considerably.

Me three. I did order one of the Butter London eye shadows from the other day (I already have one and I really like it), and nothing else interested me. Except the idea to keep an SPF powder in my purse is really good, so I think I'll check out that powder. And @lylysa I think you've talked about liking the primer water before? So maybe I'll give that a try finally. 🙂

The PUR powder is pretty nice, JenniferOhJenny! I just wish it had a separate compartment. I've repurchased the compact so much that the one sponge I've found that can still manage the compact closing is falling apart so I don't think I can continue to push my luck in re-using it. Plus with it being used and placed direct on the compact causes some oil transfer which causes parts of the powder to harden. I try to wash the sponge at least every 3-4 days to prevent this, but it's inevitable. 

I'm going to give the It compact a try this time. It's formula/ingredient list sounds pretty good too.

For sure I've mentioned the Primer Water before (be it as a recommendation or just me mentioning my personal use of it)! It's so refreshing!

testing