Fabz

Too Much

Is there such a thing? My hubby has asked me today to cut back my spending and slow it down. LOL. How horrible am I that I need him to call me out? I feel bad because I have like 3 orders coming in the mail. Is anyone else guilty of hiding bags or boxes?

MoreGun89

Re: Too Much

I like this idea, and it lasts until I get my return XD I'm in!

Fabz

Wow. You are going to binge so hard on makeup after this. lol. Righteous so I have 1 person- who else?!

MoreGun89

Probably won't go too heavy on makeup, maybe an overpriced body wash and the headwrap. :smileytongue:

beautylovingirl

@FABZ-Can I just help those of you out that need it? Because I really don't think I can't make it that long without buying something. But I'll be here for moral support. OK??? :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Fabz

brat. Where is your willpower lady?!?!? hahah. 

PZSMakeup

(0) Hearts

Silly

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I've already started because of Project 10 pan (half way there!) but everyone else can start whenever they want to. Remember the goal guys---its not to punish yourselves for overspending, its to give yourself a chance to appreciate the things you already have. Keep that in mind, and it wont be so bad :smileyvery-happy:

beautylovingirl

LOL! I have willpower just not when it come to makeup and shopping I could try but let's face it, things might not work out so good. :smileyvery-happy:

Fabz

How about a couple of weeks? I mean it can't be that hard can it?... now I'm starting to doubt myself DARN IT. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

LOL! Your cracking me up.Ok a couple of weeks I can do,ok so YES WE CAN DO IT YAYYYYYYY! Does that sound like I mean it?

Fabz

Not at all. >.> It's all a pack of lies!

beautylovingirl

OK at least I'm Honest ^. ^

Fabz

Aww I still love you. 

beautylovingirl

Oh I know it's all good with fellow beauties it a tight pak no one can break:smileyhappy:

latinadiva

I feel so much better that someone posted about this!! I have more makeup than anyone could use in a lifetime, clothes that have tags on them (keeping in mind I've had them for years..), and shoes I've had for months and have yet to wear. I live at home but make a decent amount for someone my age, so I've always been able to indulge myself. Now I'm trying to move out, aka trying to save and trying to stop myself from shopping all the time, and it is horrible. In seeing what someone else wrote about shelves toppling over, I have a storage container that is totally full, one drawer that is totally full in one of those 3 drawer plastic storage containers, a thing that hangs on the back of a door that is totally full, and my entire dresser is COVERED in makeup. I always want to smack myself when I knock over a brush and everything just goes toppling over with it. My mom lectures me constantly on how I need to stop spending, and honestly I've hit my breaking point. It got to the point that I was taking money from the ATM so she couldn't see my credit card charges (she unfortunately works at my bank so she can see those things), and I would hide the stuff when bringing it in the house, then keep it under my bed. That being said, I've put myself on a no-makeup buying limitation and I've been so shocked at the amount of things I've hit pan on. I also recently started a weekly makeup bag (which I use Mon-Fri and then for the weekends I use whatever). I put aside the items I am going to use that week and that is it. The idea is to pick different items each way and force yourself to use your different things vs. grabbing what we have learned to love. I've loved doing this and have been able to get great use out of some stuff and also rediscovered things I forgot I had. This also has been able to remind me why I don't use certain products and I've then tossed them. I suggest trying it out! I periodically also look over my collection, see what I don't use, and try to return as much as I can. I feel bad returning it, but there is no point in having it sit there unused. 

beautylovingirl

@latinadiva-Beauty Talk is a place for you to come and feel loved cause most of the time someone is always in the same boat as you!:smileyhappy:

Fabz

(0) Hearts

So sneaky! LOL bad girl. Honestly I don't have a large amount of makeup but I think that I went overboard buying a huge chunk of it just in the last month. I also have been spending on lotions. perfume, clothes etc so it's not just makeup. I'll post a picture of my collection and my secret haul I've stached in a Victoria's Secret bag... that came in the mail WITH the haul. So... not so secret :smileywink:

miabt

I just had "Confessions of a Shopaholic" flashbacks!  I'm definitely guilty of downplaying purchases :smileysad:  I've gotten a ton better in recent years.  Since I get a considerable pro discount from several brands and my employee discount from Sephora, I usually feel pretty justified in picking up a few items here & there.  I try to go for sets, so I can get more bang for my buck :smileywink:  I'm a bargain hunter too, so I refuse to pay full price for anything!

I also realized that I have WAY MORE makeup than I could ever use in my lifetime... to the point that I go through my stuff every few months & will give away any products that I havent opened (it must not have been THAT great if I wasnt excited to open it!) or barely touched, to my family and friends.  The same thing with clothes, I saw a great idea to turn your hangers all backwards & once or twice a year, anything that is still backwards gets purged.  I do it with my kids clothes too :smileyhappy:  

Just be reasonable & communicate with your hubby, I'm sure he'd appreciate your trying & would be willing to meet you half way :smileyhappy:  Janine made a good point with the notebook... it would give your honey plenty of opportunities to spoil & surprise you!

xo, Mia

Fabz

(0) Hearts

Love that movie! I am actually getting better at returning stuff if it's not what I was hoping. That's another reason I need to just shop at the store, all this stuff isn't what I expected. I actually thought of getting a job at Sephora or a beauty store just to get the discount but that's probably besides the point of having a job if you don't bring home a check! LOL. 

ChicDabbler

Oh speaking of clothe! You can turn in your old clothe at H&M and get a discount off new ones. A great deal if you are near the store or shop there. =)

And yeah, the only thing I buy for full price is the toner, cuz they almost never come in a set. =/

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I dont have a physical journal of stuff I want, but I do have shopping lists online (sephora, drugstore and beauty) and every once in awhile....I print it out. If I wait a few weeks/months I can usually glance over the list and see a lot of things that I'm no longer interested in because there's always something newer/better coming out...or I know that I have too many similar items. I also use this list a lot for gifts---if I dont know what to get for something but know that they like/use makeup or skincare, I pick something off the list and buy it. Shopping lists are really great for me because it lists the item, the picture and the price.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 111 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • carrierose