The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!

[ Edited ]

A place for the Canadian peeps to post deal, events, news and anything beauty related!

LINKS TO OTHER CANADIAN BT THREADS

What's new on the Canadian site today

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/td-p/2164948

Promo codes for Canadians

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/Active-Canadian-Promo-Codes-List-2/m-p/2386013#M73404

Sephora Canada Site Product Update Thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/Sephora-Canada-Site-Product-Update-Thread/td-p/2060604

WHERE TO SHOP IN CANADA

Canadian Retailers

Spoiler

Chapters (online)
Clementine Fields (online)
Deciem (online + TO stores)

Devu Cosmetics (online)
ecodivabeauty.CA (online)

eskincarestore (online)
Etiket (online + MTL store)
Fresh Faced (online)

ftbbeauty.ca (online)

Green & Pure Organic Beauty (online)

Harlow & Co (online)

Holt Renfrew (online + stores)

Lilou Organics (online)

Murale (store only a few)

Nail Polish Canada (online)

Nordstrom (stores + ships free from counters / online ships from US)
Nuciya (online)

Obsessedcanada (online) (division of NPC)

Orabel.ca (online)
Petal and Post (online)

Sask (stores / online ships free from US)

Scarlet & Julia (online)

SDM/Beauty Boutique (online + stores)

Sephora (online + stores)
Socialite Beauty (online)

Terra 20 (online + store Ottawa)

The Bay (online + stores)

The Detox Market (online + store Toronto)
The Green Jungle Beauty Shop (online)
Well.ca (online)

Brands that ship to Canada - UPDATED

Spoiler

ABH (US)
Bare Foot Venus (CA)
Bare Minerals (US)
Belief (belifcanada(dot)com)

Bobbi Brown (CA)

Charlotte Tilbury

Colourpop (US)
Cover Fx (CA)

Illamasqua (expensive)

Jo Malone (CA)

Jouer (US)

Lancome

Lit Cosmetics (ships from Canada uses US currency)

MAC (CA)

Makeup Geek (US)

Melt Cosmetics (US)

NARS

Natasha Denona

NYX

OCC Makeup (US)

Pat McGrath Labs (US)
Smashbox*

Sugarpill (US)

Suva Beauty (ships from Canada uses US currency)
Tacha (US)

Tarte (CA)

Too Faced (US)

Urban Decay (US)
YSL

Online retailers that ship to Canada - UPDATED

Spoiler

(* = high shipping)
Alyaka
Barney's*
Bath & Unwind
Beauty Bay
Beautylish

Cultbeauty.co.uk
Frends Beauty
Harrods*
Lookfantastic

Muse Beauty Pro
Naimies
Neiman Marcus*
Selfridges*
SpaceNK UK (Ship £5. Free over £100)
Tambeauty
Ulta*

~ Updated May 18th 2017 ~

Re: The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!

Hi @myxducky here the doundation is all colors i bought the gel foundation and the marvelous i love them both and find that the color are girgivibg and it can match - im NC 35-40 but i can wear beige deep, golden light, med and fawn light - weird but it blends nicely in both formulation

Which winners?  I am also in Edmonton, I went to the Calgary Trail one and no Marc Jacobs but this was over a week ago. 

[ Edited ]

@sydtomato @Saschattack The one in City centre had the foundations/concealer when I looked on Thursday. The one by Loblaws City Market had the eyecon palette and highliners this morning. I also checked the one in Mayfield Common this afternoon and didn't see anything there.

@myxducky @sydtomato 

same here. I went a couple days ago to the Winners at WEM and the Winners on 137 ave, and didn't see any MJ.

Looks like now we can use SDM personalized optimum points offers online as well. My this morning's email has unique Promo code for every personalized coupon I receive.

This is something I have been waiting for a long time because I almost exclusively shop online so mostly couldn't take advantage of the personalized offers.

IMG_6844.JPG

Wow! Did not receive this kind of offer yet. Can't wait Smiley Happy 

@lauriebos Interesting thing is, today BeautyBoutique has 18500 bonus points on. $75+ purchase. I receive a code for 20x points on $75+ purchase and when I apply it online, It is giving me both bonuses instead of only the better deal.

Ok! That's sooo worth it. I would find you needs with this kind of promo. This is a general code or it works just for you? Do you have to load it on the app? @fatimamummy

@lauriebos No you just put the promo code at checkout and it applies. 

The 20x code I got is 20X75 . A friend tried and it is working for her as well so I'm sure you can use it too.

Ooo! Would be awesome if we get both offers. Thx for sharing!

Thanks!! I will try Smiley Happy 

Thanks so much @fatimamummy! I am going to try this! Hope the points are credited after 2 weeks as they say! Smiley Happy

Smashbox now has a Canadian site and free shipping! They seem to have some really nice promos and discounts often for the U.S site so I hope they do the same for us! 

Looks like they have a code for 15% off to start things off Smiley Happy

Screenshot_20170518-145119.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the news @Anewxa Smiley Happy Will have to add that to the OP!

Apologies if this is the wrong spot to post but thought I would help some other Canadians out if possible.  If you are looking to get the new and restock Desi x Quay sunglasses that launched today, I got mine from Urban Outfitters Canada and used the code "freeship" to take the $9.95 shipping off.  No ebates unfortunately. I don't have to worry about duties, since they are much more expensive from Quay direct, ASOS, and Nordstroms.  As far as I know, The Bay and Simons does not have them. 

@sydtomatoOh nice! I love those sunglasses thank you for sharing this info, what a great find! : )

Hello everyone - I'm sorry I know that this is a little off topic but I need some help with this - is it normal for me to buy $56US (so $76.5 CAD) worth of merchandise from the US (California), pay $41 CAD in delivery fees on that order and be told that I'll have to pay an extra $39.95 on taxes and duties when the package is delivered? I mean that's more than 50% of the value of my package... I've paid duties before but they have never been so high.

(0) Hearts

I feel like they are more strict in terms of custom clearance recently. I ordered from US many times before (e.g colourpop) and (luckily) never had to pay any duties.

But 3 out of 3 of my recent packages got charged duties (20% to 50% of the value of the package)...

Sorry to hear about your experience, i guess there's little we can do about it...

[ Edited ]

@RoseCharlie  That may not be normal. A similar thing happened to me on a House of Lashes order. I never order anything from the states now if I don't pay the taxes upfront and even then I am wary of ordering from the states because I think there's a possibility the border will screw me over again and charge me taxes I already paid.

The border charged GST on my package 4 times instead of once. My parcel costed me $74.65 and I was charged $9.70 4 times. Tax came out to $38.80 plus the $9.95 handling fee. I paid $48.75 on a parcel that costed me $74.65!

They should only be charging the tax one time  (Ontario's is 13%) + $9.95 handling fee +/- duties depending on where the item is made and the type of item --- that's what the charges should include.

My order did not have any duties tacked onto it, rightfully so, but I was charged tax multiple times!

And submitting a request for a refund of the amount your owed seems to be useless. They didn't honour my request even though it was the money they owed.

Sorry if this came off as a little bit brash, but I it still upsets me to this day because they completely get away with it! I am aware of the same thing happening to others with the same outcome.

Take a look at the breakdown of the $39.95 your asked to pay. For mine, it was clear they charged me tax 4 times.

(0) Hearts

@kdanielle0xHey Danielle thank you for sharing this with me that is awful! Just ridiculous how much is charged on tiny orders for personal use... Jeez.  I am sorry for asking this but do you remember if the order had come with another postal service that transferred to Canada Post or did it come via a carrier like Fedex or UPS? I am asking because I was reading that some of the carriers charge extra fees on TOP of the already considerable taxes and one article said that you could refuse delivery and request the item to be shipped to a local Canada Borders Security Agency to pay only the tax without the extra fee charged by the carriers.  I don't know if this is true but the blogger who wrote about it said that he had received a letter from the CBSA that essentially stated that the only fees a person was legally bound to pay were the government fees and that these companies couldn't legally force you to pay any additional "brokerage fees".  That sounds rather complicated and all but it makes me wonder - if the CBSA is forced to create another way for customers to get their orders that kind of indicates to me that there is something slightly dodgy about the extra suprise fees that carriers force customers to pay at the door that go above and beyond what people have already paid for the shipping service.  I feel like there might be a consumer rights angle here because at least part of those fees are charged by the carrier and that being the case it's not taking issue with taxation policy it is taking issue with hidden fees and it might be that some consumer advocacy group could take that on... Sorry I'm just thinking about loud... If, on the other hand, the postal system and border fee system is just as bad as the carrier system, maybe it's just not worth taking on since it's a rubbish system all around lol.