Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I thought that was kind of early.  I still haven't received my box though.  

I kind of wished I had ordered boxes on all of my accounts so I could have gotten the points for July and then August.

But, $10 for samples I may or may not love versus $10 towards all the great sales;  Nordstrom's Anniversary sale won that debate. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

In addition to getting 70 points, I knew selecting the featured box would make it arrive faster. It always takes longer when I pick a single sample.

I had a similar thought, because I have 2 inactive accounts. I am only shopping the Nordstrom sale if I get a GC. I signed up after they offered them, but someone thinks we will all get them anyway.

(0) Hearts

That was smart thinking on ordering a featured box. 

Some people who did not pick the featured box do not even have their review links up yet. I did not even think that would be a possibility, and I am genuinely upset for those people. Sucks that they were not live for everyone. 

Thanks @makeupmad for the reminder!  Just did my reviews.

Thank you for reminding me. I totally forgot and I hope I am not too late, I just did it (7/10).  Still annoyed we won't get points for reviewing our boxes anymore Smiley Sad thank you for the reminder!! Love BT! Smiley Happy

You're welcome!  You should be good.  My points were added after I did my reviews; the changes start tomorrow.  

My latest Choix Box - all Ellis Faas. So, I love the colors and I may order everything, but I have to say the twist-up containers they used for the eye colors are beyond miserable. One is now broken and the other only gave up enough product to do this swatch. Anyway, on to the happy part...

Swatches!

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 8.08.48 PM.png

And the box. I think the label with the colors is readable...Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 8.09.26 PM.png

(0) Hearts

@MarciaBrady those applicators are definitely difficult. I received a couple Armani eye tints in my last box and had one spring pop out and completely destroy the mechanism before I could even swatch it. I emailed CS and they sent a replacement. If you weren't able to try these, it may be worth an email to notify them. Your choices look pretty!

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I think I will email. I already ordered the full sizes of the eyeshadows (which were the problem) because I'm obsessed with the colors, but hopefully if enough people express how dismally the little weird twist-ups perform, they'll find something that works. 

@MarciaBrady what is that second orange color? Gorgeous! I am going to go research this box...surprising that they give Ellis faas!

(0) Hearts

@Cupcakecandy it's the blush (I think they only have 1) in S303. The pictures don't even do the colors justice, if you can imagine that. Amazing. 

They also seem to have started offering skincare- not a ton but some interesting lines. 

Beautiful colors!

I was really pleasantly stunned when I tried them. I mean, I liked them when I ordered them, but wasn't expecting them to be so fabulous. They'll be especially great for fall. I love fall.

[ Edited ]

I had a Beauty DNA subscription some months ago, but I wasn`t happy with what I got. This month I decided to give them second chance - HUGE MISTAKE. My profile says NO SCRUBS, but guess, what arrived today? Polish with pretty big grains, which is killer for my sensitive skin. I can give to mom or friend, but this is silly, to pay money and then recycle skincare to someone else. No more chances for Beauty DNA Smiley Sad

dna.jpg

(0) Hearts

😞😞😞

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that. 'No Scrubs!' is a pretty clear comment. Did you try customer service? That's really just ridiculous. 

I`ll email them tomorrow, really interesting to know, what the gonna say.

It's my lucky day!! Wrote Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago stating that the Coconut Nail Art package in my Trendsetter Beauty Box was open and missing one strip of 6 nails. Within 24 hours, they responded that they would send me another box. I was thinking "one replacement box of the nail art". What did I receive???? Not one, but TWO complete Trendsetter Beauty Boxes!! Three boxes for $5? Not bad at all! (Yes, I did check my credit card to make sure I wasn't charged again for either box). 

I decided to cancel Birchbox and Choix this month. The changes to Birchbox have been on my mind so I looked at previous boxes compared to purchases. Turns out I've only purchased one full sized item I received a sample of. There have only been a handful of samples I didn't like, but with the changes I decided to unsub. I'm really going to miss those plus items though! Choix was great, but I only wanted to try about 3 boxes. I may subscribe again later.

I subscribed a few weeks ago to Vegan Cuts for the monthly and quarterly beauty boxes. Wasn't expecting the first monthly box until next month, but I received the June box today!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments