Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

bb.jpg

My Birchbox came with Amika Perk up dry shampoo, CoTZ Sensitive spf 40, Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Day Tint, Juara Candlenut Body Creme, Marcelle Eyeliner in Blue Lagoon, and an Emi Jay Hair tie.

I love that dry shampoo! I also got the eyeliner in Blue Lagoon

(0) Hearts

I am excited to try them Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

One of my subscriptions is pushing another one of my subscriptions.  I just used the code shared the other day or I would use this.  It is valid through 06/26/15.

Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 8.48.40 AM.png

That's a really good code!  I wish I had seen it as I am in the habit of unsubscribing and resubscribing to take advantage of deals, though the $5 off I used wasn't bad.

Is it bad this thread makes me want to buy a yearly subscription to a beauty box so that when I am on a no-buy I still have beauty items to look forward to?  Kind of defeats the purpose right? Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

I agree with the others that you should start out with a monthly subscription.  I had an annual sub and loved it, but I did so only after using the service long enough to know it worked for me. 

A word of caution about using a subscription service to help with a no buy:  A fews years ago when I was new to Sephora I found myself placing too many orders because of promos and samples.  I decided to join Birchbox as a way to satiate my hunger for samples.  It didn't work and I found myself buying more stuff, largely FROM Birchbox.   I 

Just my personal experience, and I'm sure it's different for everyone.  I'm no longer a member, but Birchbox is a great subscription and I do recommend it.  I just burned out and got tired of the repeat brands.Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I definitely think that subscribing to a beauty box will help with a no buy.  It's something new to look forward to every month and, for me, has been very fun!  I agree with notcreative though about an annual subscription and would recommend a month to month subscription.  Plus when I signed up for the annual subscription to BirchBox, I didn't read the fine print.  I unknowingly also agreed to automatic annual renewals with an only 1 month window to cancel.  Luckily, I love BirchBox, so this isn't an issue for me.

I literally just did this after browsing this thread and subscribed for Ipsy. I don't have a big budget for beauty products, in fact this is not even a problem since I feel I have enough products already, but I cannot let go the excitement of getting something new even if small. (Drugstore lipsticks are nemesis of by budget Smiley Very Happy)

I hope getting a box every month will keep me happy and satisfied! I usually do well on finishing deluxe samples, so that also encouraged me to subscribe.

[ Edited ]

I generally would not suggest a new annual subscription in case you hate the service or boxes you receive.  Join whichever one tickles your fancy on a month to month basis.  I do sometimes join for longer than month to month plans if there is a huge difference in savings over the annual plan.  As much as I love Birchbox, it only saves me $10 a year to pay in advance.  By paying 3 months in advance at Julep, I save $15 a quarter.  That's better.  After you've received at least 2-3 boxes, consider upgrading.

I know that does not help with a no-buy, but I do miserably on no-buys even with a ton of subscriptions.

image.jpg

Ohh never heard of this subscription site before, but I might have to join Smiley Surprised

(0) Hearts

It's fairly new to me also. But in the last 4 months I've had it I like it.  I'm not 100% positive but you may be able to view past boxes on the website to see the quality of the items they send out. 

Jealous of your lippie!  I got the same box, but I got a cargo eyeshadow single in a purple shade instead of the lipstick.  Everything else (including possibly the nude polish shade?) is the same.

The polish is nude and it's very pretty can't wait to try it.  And the lip color is even nicer in person, Its a mauve nude pink color if that makes sense lol.  I didn't realize they're was an eyeshadow or a lipstick. 

(0) Hearts

June boxy charm. Really like it!!

0618_bb.png

My June Birchbox will arrive next week while i am out of town, but I can already see what I am going to get. I am very happy with the sample selection (Marcelle eyeliner not shown) especially the enzyme exfoliator and supergoop eye sunscreen(?)! I have no use for the hair product but I don't mind one dud.

<3 the supergoop! I got it in a Sephora promo along with a supergoop CC cream and love them both!

(0) Hearts

yay, glad to know you liked it! i am looking forward to sampling it in 10 days or so Smiley Happy

My pretty crap Glossybox:/

IMG_2289.JPG

Yup just got the same thing:

Drugstore brand conditioner which we're now gonna love because it has 0.00001% white orchid!

Lip-plumping treatment from who??? Giving them the benefit of the doubt, they didn't know I was Black.

Nail polish from Morgue Cosmetics in "Coffin"   

The Too Faced (soooo not better than sex) mascara

And aloe vera gel that's better than 99c brands because it has a French name! 

giphy.gif

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments