Subscription box photo sharing

chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Tamara76

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

@SuzeAlex - We are Ipsy box twins!  I like most everything in my December box.  What do you think?

SuzeAlex

(0) Hearts

I'm generally pleased.  I already have the NYX Parfait, so that was a bit of a bummer, and truthfully the Cailyn eye shadow isn't something I would have chosen, I hate the packaging.  I've never tried any of Tarte's mascaras, so I'm looking forward to that.  The other two items are definitely worth trying.

I recently dumped Birchbox because after a year, I had only tried a few things for all of the boxes, and wouldn't purchase anything that I'd received.  The fact that I actually own an item from this Ipsy bag says a little something about it.  I'm coming up on my one year mark for Ipsy, so I may go though all my pictures to have the same assessment, but I think I'll keep it -- at least for a while longer.  

kittichick

Here's my Sample Society box. MUCH better than the last couple months!! I hope they aren't going to be this inconsistent, though. Everything came in boxes except the hand lotion, which I thought was a very mice touch. :smileyhappy:

And my Love With Food box. I continue to be infatuated with it, so I continue to post pics of it. Thanks to the holioday deal, I decided to upgrade to the Deluxe box from the Tasting box, so I get two of everything and a couple extra items. :smileyhappy:

IMG_20141210_223251~2.jpg

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Love the Sample Society box.  Still need a food box.

shadetertiary

So excited for Love With Food this month!  Thanks for giving me a sneak peak!

greenteafueled

(0) Hearts

That sample society box looks amazing! what color is the butter london lippie?

Rhiannon1419

That Sample Society box is amazing! I just subscribed and I can't wait to get my first box!! =0)

kittichick

(0) Hearts

The SS box is indeed pretty darn awesome! The value is impressive (the three full-sized products alone total $46!) and I am digging the products themselves. Yay for no fragrance vials! I just wish I wore nail polish so I could use that gorgeous color!

TheSocialQuota

Are those olives in the middle??? Color me curious on your thoughts for the Next (jars behind those?), patties, and all the candy to the front of the camera.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Those are indeed olives! I actually despiiiiise olives (especially the green ones), but the bf loves them so I gave them to him. He was kind of meh on them, but he is crazy picky about food. 

Meanwhile, I am getting a cap on a tooth next week, so I have a temporary in right now. This means that atm I can't eat half the stuff in my box!! No caramels, no popcorn (it's killing me- I love kettle corn!), probably not the Next coconut. Arg! So far I have eaten both of the bags of cookies and I luuuuurved them! 

What appear to be jars behind the Next are actually packets made to look like jars. It's Nocciolata organic hazelnut and cocoa spread (organic Nutella.)

MarciaBrady

OMG - I almost forgot. I promised to share my thoughts on the Julep matte lipsticks from this month's Maven box (and available in general). So, the colors are absolutely beautiful in the tube and on the lips. I tried to take a pic, but my phone camera has given up on rendering skin tones and any color next to them. I'm living with it for now because my upgrade eligibility doesn't come up until April. Anyway, as far as size and quantity I'm including pics of the trio and one fully extended. As I'm sure most among us have yet to see the bottom of a lipstick bullet due to use, I believe it's more than ample. The matte that is promised is definitely delivered. It has a velvety finish, but still reflects enough light to add a bit of dimension. I have very dry lips in general and was happy to find this did NOT cling to trouble spots. It applied very evenly and both stayed and faded that way. That having been said, it's a matte and is not moisturizing. It's not drying either. I did apply a bit of lip balm over it after about an hour and it kept its color and precision but its adhesion quickly failed. I consider that a reasonable outcome. Overall, I call it a definite go.

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 8.31.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-12 at 8.32.28 PM.png 

notcreative

Thanks for the review.  I will probably pick some up.  I've already decided to get the January box for the free topcoat they're offering.  Maybe, I can snag these if they have an add on offer.

Rhiannon1419

I am seriously head over heels in love with that table! 

Oh, and pretty lippies too! =0)

MarciaBrady

Thanks ladies! I found it at a St. Vincent DePaul resale store for $35 and claimed it immediately. Someone tried to buy it out from under me, but the awesome saleslady would have no part of such malicious activity. Love her.

kittichick

I can't speak to the lippies, but I love that table - and your piggies! :smileyhappy:

Vaashtii

I am excited to look through this thread. I love hearing about what people get in their boxes. 

The only subscription box we get is Lootcrate. I LOVE it. But it's definitely not beauty products. It's all geeky nerd culture items from like video games, comic books, tv and movies. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I want to see what is in ALL of the boxes, so I am down.  My SIL gets that one, I think.  

kittichick

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to see what's in your Lootbox!! I'm into all kinds of geekery. :smileyvery-happy: And hey, I posted my Love With Food box, so what the heck?

I too love to look at everyone's sub boxes. I continue to be enamoured of them. And I'd love to see more boxes in this thread!

NancieNano

I agree kittichick. It's fun to see what people got in their sub boxes. I like that you post your Love With Food box. I used to have that sub and seeing your treats makes me reconsider my choice to discontinue it. And Vaashtii I think  your Lootcrate would be a fun to see! Def post pics if you can!

Vaashtii

It'll be another week or so before our December box comes. But maybe I can get together some of the stuff from our past boxes and show you some of the awesome geekiness!!

NancieNano

(0) Hearts

Looking forward to the pics!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 818 replies
  • 607 hearts
  • 117 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon