Subscription box photo sharing

chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

kittichick

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I don't have anything to compare it to yet, but I'm feeling pretty happy with it. :smileyhappy:

shadetertiary

This will be my third box, and we upgraded to deluxe.  Last month was a little weird but this one looks fantastic.  Just wish my tracking would update!

kittichick

Ooh, I hate when the tracking won't update! 

I am already considering upgrading to deluxe. :smileyhappy:

notcreative

I need a food box.  I love banana flavored everything.  Since we usually got the same bags, I am glad I canceled Ipsy.

kittichick

Yeah. I will most likely be following suit soon, re Ipsy.

Love with Food is having a deal in which you get the first month free, which is what got me to finally sign up. You do have to pay $2 for S&H, though. It's on their site under Free Trial. But the promo ends in 15 days! 

EvangelineDamon

I saw a snacking box commercial the other night.

If you type in the word .com following graze, you can check it out to see if it interests you.

They had a code for a free box, too... SNACK9 

notcreative

Thanks.

Clever way to get me there.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

First time in quite a while that I'm not happy with my Birchbox. Some of this dissatisfaction comes from the fact that my box preview implied that I'd be getting a Beauty Blender. As you can see, I did not. At least I'm interested in the Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner.

bb oct.jpg

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Yes, the vacuum cleaner should be interesting. I tried a sample of the Jouer tinted sun cream and was not too impressed, which is a shame, as it's a great idea. But hand cream is always great for fall - although I've never tried that brand; here's praying it smells good :smileywink:

kittichick

I think I like the scent of the Tocca hand cream. I have way too many hand creams, though, thanks to my subscription boxes, and I am pretty picky about them. I despise anything that leaves my hands feeling greasy. This one actually seems pretty good with that, so that's a pleasant surprise.

The tiny bit of the Jouer I put on my hand seemed like it had a nice texture and good color. But I just don't do tinted moisturizers (or sunscreens) since I need more coverage than they provide.

ballerinagrl

I'm totally with you on greasy hand creams - not nice! 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Mine is not here yet, but I am also getting that eyeliner (hopefully, mine is not black, because I already got a black one in another box).  I am hoping my Dr Brandt item will be the vacuum cleaner.  Bummer about the Beauty Blender fake out.

kittichick

I got the non-sparkly version of the liner from ipsy a month or two ago. It did not work for me. (Not surprising as the only pencil liner that hasn't smeared allover my oily skin was MUFE's Aqua Eyes.) 

Bummer about the Beauty Blender fake out.

Right? That was just mean. :smileytongue:  

notcreative

Julep

Julep October 2014.jpg

*I may have upgraded this a little, because I may have a problem.

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

More Julep nail polishes? And you say you don't really paint your nails too regularly??? :smileywink:

notcreative

I really don't, but I have a serious problem.  I just picked up 4 more this evening from a TSB.  Wonder if and when I will use any of them.

TheSocialQuota

When you want to talk about exchanging some of those for some handmade jewelry gimme a pm.

notcreative

The thing I wear less than nail polish is jewelry.  I hate wearing it, so I rarely collect it.  Other than my wedding and engagement ring, I own no expensive jewelry at all.  My Dad even won a $5000 tennis bracelet in a contest and gave it to my sister, because he said he knew I did not wear jewelry.  He was probably right to give it to her, because I would probably only wear it to dress up events (if at all).

When I went to a Bat Mitvah recently, I had to poke new holes in my ears to get my earrings on.  It had been so long since I wore any that the backs were closed.  I thoroughly grossed out my husband too, but it is not like he had to stand there and watch.

TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

I rarely buy premade jewelry, it typically isn't to my taste. I prefer natural polished gemstones, which is an expensive habit (say artisan and the price doubles or more). I found out that buying the stones I liked as beads was a lot more affordable, so I have a larger bead stash than I do makeup.

We didn't do rings because my husband knows how much I hate diamonds. Lucky in retrospect because I end up dropping sizes after we married.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

For me, it is not a matter of taste.  I think it looks beautiful on.  I just do not like wearing it.  Even when I run, the watch I wear to track my heart rate bothers me.  It just feels uncomfortable.  

Earrings are the worst (my ears always feel them), followed by bracelets and necklaces.  I can actually handle rings, but I always take them off to apply lotion 100 times a day and forget to put them back on.  I also hate holding things in my hands, which is another weird quirk.  

My husband saves a ton of money that most husbands spend on jewelry, so he should be more supportive of my makeup/skincare addiction.

TheSocialQuota

LOL. my husband put me on a bead no-buy until I use more of what I already have. Sounds like dangling pieces are your bane, my favorites are usually shorter necklaces that are closer to being chokers. Here is the choker I made in May for a dinner event.

necklace.JPG

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 389 hearts
  • 97 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe