Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

Smiley Sad

The whole points thing has really left me confused about how much I actually like the box. I think I've usually been happy with it, but I may have been blinded by being able to ear deep discounts on stuff - especially the big limited edition, curated boxes. I know I love those, just not sure about the monthlies. . 

I'm confused too. I'm generally happy enough, but there have definitely been months where I didn't like a single item and the only benefit was the points. I will be interested to see what everyone else decides.

20160616_132559.jpg

June Ipsy bag:

I'm excited that I received an UD product this month!!

Patchology Flash mask 5 minute facial sheet Illuminate

Doucce Boombastic Lash Volumizer mascara

Rodial stem cell cleansing cream

Seraphine botanicals Happy Hibiscus blush

Urban Decay Fireball eyeshadow 😀

Wish I received the masks. I received 3 of the same items. 

Love it! I just signed up when the waitlist went away, but I checked my status and won't receive June's bag Smiley Sad It looks like a good one too, so I was hoping I'd be lucky enough to squeeze in and get it. Looking forward to July though!

I got exactly the same bag, and I am very happy with it.  I just need to figure out what to do with the UD shadow, since I don't own a Z palette.  

(I know, I know, buy a Z palette.)

I already had a sample of this, I just leave the little pan in the plastic it comes in, since it's pretty easy to open and close. Though it does take up more space that way.

I don't own a z palette either. Keep meaning to get one. Not gotten around to it yet.

(0) Hearts

Why is there an Ipsy bag attached in this Sephora ad?

This is not a Sephora ad. This thread is for sharing what people receive in their subscription boxes or bags.

Looks like a great month Smiley Happy 

Oh, wow, that's a really nice one, too. I love the color of the Seraphina! That's such a perfect pink.

Thanks! I am looking forward to trying it out 😊

[ Edited ]

This just happened.

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.17.55 AM.png

I have to say, way to capitalize on the Birchbox debacle. After seeing the recent Ipsy Bag and realizing the main reason I canceled Ipsy was because of the point system at Birchbox, this may be well timed!

What makes this even more funny is I penned an article a year ago TODAY explaining why I chose Birchbox over Ipsy. It may be time for a revision.

I have been waffling back and forth about subscribing to one or two boxes, but never found one I thought was totally worth it. Watched some YouTube videos on unboxing, read some blogs, compared brands offered and prices. I liked the idea of Ispy best I think, but the waitlist turned me off. I didn't like not knowing when I'd get my first box. Well, that isn't a problem anymore. Went ahead and subscribed. I'm hoping to get June's box, because I like the products that may be in it, if I don't get it that's fine. I'll look forward to July's! 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I tested the Sephora Play! subscription with an alternate email and it is working. I already have a subscription, so I was not testing it for me. Have you subscribed to Play! yet? They run out fast, so sign up now if you want to try it. Just type Sephora Play! in the search box above.

I like the products in the June Ipsy bag, too, but I did not resubscribe yet. I am waiting to see if Birchbox follows through before I completely give up on them. Please report back on whether you get June or July.

(0) Hearts

Yes I have tried to subscribe, says I have to wait... Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

@notcreative I looked at Play! as well, but I honestly haven't been super impressed. It seems like they put old rewards or promo codes in each month's bag, which would be things I a. already have or b. didn't get the first time they were offered because they weren't tempting enough for me. I'm drawn to Ipsy because I feel like it'a good mix of brands I'm already familiar with and love (ex. Urban Decay, IT Cosmetics, even some drug store brands), ones I have heard a lot of about and am interested in trying (ex. The Balm, Colourpop), and ones I've never head of and can discover and learn about. 

(0) Hearts

No worries. I just thought I would mention it while it was still available. It seems like anyone who tries on a date other than the 15th has to get lucky that others dropped that day. On the 15th, a lot of people seem to get through. Seeing Colourpop in this month's Ipsy was the main draw for me as well.

(0) Hearts

@notcreative I'm excited for Colourpop. I've heard/seen so many great things about it, and I love the price! Of course. The addition of that brand definitely helped convince me. Don't know if I'll get the June bag, after I signed up it basically said I might or I might not haha. We'll see!

(0) Hearts

Well, I hope you do. Fingers crossed and share here please.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments