Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I'm curious. Out of the boxes I'm currently subscribed to--Birchbox, Popsugar, Glossybox, Sample Society--I took the time and did all of the profiles where applicable, listing makeup as my primary desired category. But the most I've gotten are two makeup products out of five. Sometimes its all skincare/hair, which is ok, but not really what I was looking for. I pass much of the nail polish to my teen daughter, because for various reasons I don't do nails so much. Does it just not matter (the "profiles")? Any solutions? Thanks!

For the most part I think the profiles are to see what their customers want in the box not specifically what you will get. Sample Society used to have 3 or 4 different boxes, but it was random who go what & it was usually a like for like item (a lip liner, or a lipstick, or a lipgloss). Ipsy is similar I believe. 

Heard back from Birchbox CS - they ran out of the sea salt spray, so couldn't give it to me.  But since it was my confirmed sample choice, I got 100 points as an apology.  Mixed feelings...

I have the sea salt spray that in all likelihood I am not going to use - want me to send it to you?

That's so kind of you!  I'd love to try the spray, but I'd like to send you something in return - what kind of products do you enjoy? :smileyhappy: PM me if you'd like!

I'm really happy with my Feb. sub boxes.

I love all the stuff in my Ipsy bag, although I'm not in love the makeup bag itself. I added on the Figs

and Rouge handcream (my first add-on ever!)

IMG_7561.JPG

I got the Rent the Runway Birchbox and added on the Homespun box since I had been meaning to buy it for a while. I believe it is still in the 40% off sale.

IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

I absolutely adore the Popsugar Feb box!!!!  I love how they emphasized the Valentine's day theme this year.

IMG_7540.JPG

[ Edited ]

I'm so jealous that you got the PopSugar box! I've been obsessing over PopSugar for a month or two now. I so wish I had signed up in time to get the December box (especially with that 50% off code) - that one practically made me swoon! :smileyvery-happy:

And I got the Home Sweet Homespun LE box from Birchbox too. I had been looking at it, but not quite willing to spend $40 on it, so when they offered it as a Plus add-on, I jumped on it. :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I know - I ended up buying a 2nd December PSMH box!  For a few months toward the end of the year, I would cancel every month and then re-sub with a discount.  Now that they're selling out again, I have major FOMO so I'm going to keep my current sub for a while.  :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

ZOMGSOJEALOUS!! I am obsessing over that bowl!! And to a slightly lesser degree, the necklace and scarf. I don't think there was a single thing in that Dec box that I wouldn't have liked. 

Oh my - I want that PopSugar box!!!! Is that a Tarte blush? 

Yes  - the color is True Love.  This was a really cute box and I think my favorite item is the little arrow necklace from Baublebar. 

That is indeed a Tarte blush. 

(0) Hearts

It's a great color--does anyone know if it's exclusive (for now at least)?

My Birchbox finally arrived! And oddly enough, I got the products I was originally supposed to get. (I have mixed feelings about this since I had decided that I liked the new ones better.) But now I can't write any reviews to get my points since all the products are different. O.o I sent an email to customer service about it. I suspect BB had a technical snafu this month since the response to my email said that due to high volume, it could be as long as 72 hours before I hear from someone. Usually it's, like, 15 minutes.

Anyhoo, here's my box

IMG_20150219_184751~2.jpg

Looks like an excellent box! I love that TheBalm gloss - LOVE it!!! :smileyhappy: 

Do you really? I hated it! Huh. 

(0) Hearts

Yes. My gloss is in Bam! Is that the same color you got? I think it's B-E-A-UTIFUL. It is kind of sticky but I don't mind sticky glosses.

At least you got the mascara!  It looks like a pretty good box.  I'm curious about that serum...

Yup!

I was initially excited about the Davines because I luuuurve that brand. But then I saw that it's for colored hair and I don't have colored hair. And I was initially excited when I saw Paula's Choice, but then I saw it's for KP and I don't have KP. I'm sure I can still use these products, but I'm a little less excited about them than I initially was. 

I hate getting hair products for colored hair.  I'm not sure why, because you're right, they can totally be used.  But I've never colored my hair and it just annoys me that it's assumed everyone does!

Birchbox showed up this weekHave to admit I haven't been pleased with them lately. From the shoddy haircare samples to the repeating lipgloss/ lipstain samples in the same "no-color" color that's been showing up, I'm honestly considering taking a break and skipping a few months. I just wanna scream at the Birchbox editors and tell them seriously turn it up a notch!!! This month wasn't terrible but there's nothing in the box I'm totally over the moon about:

IMAG2230.jpg

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Raina

derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub

theBalm cosmetics "Read My Lips" Lip Gloss

Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo 

There was also a coupon for Rent the Runway included (meh). Overall, a B- box. I set my BB preferences to receive as few hair samples as possible per year because very few product lines cater to my hair type. And yet I've received hair care samples in the last 4 boxes that came (ugh!) 

As for non-beauty boxes...my foodie box from Hamptons Lane (love them!) came just in time for Valentine's day. The theme of the box was "50 Shades....of Chicken" ...WAAY more interested in this box than the books/movie for which it mocks!! 

boxes_50shadesofchicken_4.jpg

50 Shades of Chicken: a parody in a cookbook, by F.L. Fowler

Non-Stick Vertical Roaster by Norpro

Lemon Zest Flake Salt by Jacobsen Salt Co

Lusty Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Calivirgin

Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme All-Purpose Rub by Spiceologist

Chicken Trussing Rope by Hamptons Lane

Truthfully, every box I've received from Hamptons Lane has been great and they've contained items far more valuable than the price of the subscription. Definitely a monthly box I'll be holding on to for a while. I think if you love cooking this is a monthly box worth your while. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments